Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 2:48 AM Last edited by anetteld : 15th Jan 2019 at 11:03 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default (Solved) Help, I removed the ''Tm'' from The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection
Hello, I have a problem with my game, I had to reinstall it. And previously I had removed the ''Tm'' from the Sims 2 name, and my game run smoothly, no crashes really. But now when I re-downloaded it the ''Tm'' was still missing from the desktop icon, but the file in my dokuments still has it.
My game crashes like before I removed it, I really dont know what to do. I tried removing it from the 'My documents file' but when i start the game it just makes a new one with the ''Tm''.

Does anyone know what to do or have had a smiliar problem? I really want to play Sims 2 but it is unplayable with the crashes..
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:08 AM
Have you tried not removing it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
Have you tried not removing it?

When i re-downloaded the game from Origin, it was already not there.. So I dont know what to do
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 5:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by anetteld
When i re-downloaded the game from Origin, it was already not there.. So I dont know what to do

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried putting it back? Here it is â„¢ so you can copy it.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 9:12 AM
Wait, it's still on the folder in My Documents, but not on the desktop icon? That shouldn't be a problem at all, the desktop icon is only a shortcut. You could name it "Shortcut thingy" and it would still work. Whatever is causing your problems, the name of your desktop icon is not it.

(If the tm is missing not from the name of the desktop icon, but from the adress the shortcut points to, all you need to do is create a new shortcut.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried putting it back? Here it is â„¢ so you can copy it.

I tried this, but it wont allow me to put it back.

I also noticed it was even missing from my Sims 4 game name!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Wait, it's still on the folder in My Documents, but not on the desktop icon? That shouldn't be a problem at all, the desktop icon is only a shortcut. You could name it "Shortcut thingy" and it would still work. Whatever is causing your problems, the name of your desktop icon is not it.

(If the tm is missing not from the name of the desktop icon, but from the adress the shortcut points to, all you need to do is create a new shortcut.)

How would I do this?
Instructor
#8 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 2:10 PM
Antteld, where does the game crash? Does it crash during the loading screen or when you're playing a family? When loading up the game, does it contains the same hoods you had before you uninstalled it or brand new ones?

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Alchemist
#9 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:23 PM
How would I do this?

I agree with others. It's not your shortcut or whatever, but to be sure....

The folder in My Documents has the TM. On mine, it is...

The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection

but the folder in Programs that contains the game files and will be used in the shortcut path does not have TM. It is...

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

You can rename your folders if needed by right-clicking and copying/pasting those if you like but probably you don't need to.

However, the one with the TM is not the path for the shortcut, anyway. The path should point to the game files in your Programs files (assuming Windows).

If it isn't pointing to the path, making a new shortcut path:

1)Right click icon on desktop (doesn't matter what that is called, yes, Shortcut Thingy is fine, but mine says Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)
2) Properties
3) Change target to path of game

I use UC on Windows 7 and bypass Origin, so, as an example, my path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe"
just like that with the quotation marks. Yours might be different, but there's no TM on mine.

I mostly put this here so you can check what yours says in each place and so you can see that the folder in My Documents is not the one with the path in the shortcut. I don't think any of this is your issue, but, just in case... here it is.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Antteld, where does the game crash? Does it crash during the loading screen or when you're playing a family? When loading up the game, does it contains the same hoods you had before you uninstalled it or brand new ones?

It just crashes randomly, when entering community lots, or browsing through furniture, hair ect. (It didn’t do that before)
It has brand new ones.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I agree with others. It's not your shortcut or whatever, but to be sure....

The folder in My Documents has the TM. On mine, it is...

The Simsâ„¢ 2 Ultimate Collection

but the folder in Programs that contains the game files and will be used in the shortcut path does not have TM. It is...

The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection

You can rename your folders if needed by right-clicking and copying/pasting those if you like but probably you don't need to.

However, the one with the TM is not the path for the shortcut, anyway. The path should point to the game files in your Programs files (assuming Windows).

If it isn't pointing to the path, making a new shortcut path:

1)Right click icon on desktop (doesn't matter what that is called, yes, Shortcut Thingy is fine, but mine says Sims 2 Ultimate Collection)
2) Properties
3) Change target to path of game

I use UC on Windows 7 and bypass Origin, so, as an example, my path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe"
just like that with the quotation marks. Yours might be different, but there's no TM on mine.

I mostly put this here so you can check what yours says in each place and so you can see that the folder in My Documents is not the one with the path in the shortcut. I don't think any of this is your issue, but, just in case... here it is.

I will look at this. Thank you.
It is so weird, I remember my shortcut on the desktop always had the TM, before i removed it to try to improve my game. And it did, it never crashed, and I had alot of CC, it didnt seem to be a problem.
It also changed the file in My documents, to without the TM.
But now its there and the chrashing is back, I re-installed the game twice, incase I missed why the TM is now gone from the shortcut.
But I cant figure it out, its really annoying since removing the TM seemed to be the fix for my game.
Alchemist
#12 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 3:54 PM
I will look at this. Thank you.
It is so weird, I remember my shortcut on the desktop always had the TM, before i removed it to try to improve my game. And it did, it never crashed, and I had alot of CC, it didnt seem to be a problem.
It also changed the file in My documents, to without the TM.
But now its there and the chrashing is back, I re-installed the game twice, incase I missed why the TM is now gone from the shortcut.
But I cant figure it out, its really annoying since removing the TM seemed to be the fix for my game.

Just so you realize that the shortcut is not pointing to the My Documents folder where you put your CC and the name of the shortcut doesn't matter no matter what is. At least, that info might help you find the real issue. It's possible the game would be looking for the CC and not able to find it, if you don't have the TM on the My Documents folder, but that's not related to the shortcut.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
Just so you realize that the shortcut is not pointing to the My Documents folder where you put your CC and the name of the shortcut doesn't matter no matter what is. At least, that info might help you find the real issue. It's possible the game would be looking for the CC and not able to find it, if you don't have the TM on the My Documents folder, but that's not related to the shortcut.

I have the TM on My documents folder, and the CC works, It just crashes when loading it in the catalouge, and it didnt do that before when i had removed the TM
Instructor
#14 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 4:26 PM
This sounds like something that happens to me after I use the Any Game Starter. I think this issue has to do with UC's registry keys.

This is what's in my documents folder, after I load up the game, after using the Any Game Starter:

For some reason, the game creates a folder without the 'tm'. It's not a big deal because I know how to fix it, but I wonder if Anetteld is going through something similar.
Screenshots

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 5:10 PM
This sounds like something that happens to me after I use the Any Game Starter. I think this issue has to do with UC's registry keys.

This is what's in my documents folder, after I load up the game, after using the Any Game Starter:

For some reason, the game creates a folder without the 'tm'. It's not a big deal because I know how to fix it, but I wonder if Anetteld is going through something similar.

Wich folder do you use when you play? With or without the tm?
Instructor
#16 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 5:27 PM
Wich folder do you use when you play? With or without the tm?

I play the folder with the 'tm'.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 5:33 PM
I play the folder with the 'tm'.

Okay, my problem is the «tm» one, it crashes my game, when i didnt have the «tm» the game worked amazingly.
Instructor
#18 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 1:32 PM
There is something else that is causing your game to crash when you have tm in the file name. The tm is supposed to be in the file name, that's how EA programmed it. By removing it you created another problem.

To create a new shortcut go into "Program Files(x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSBin" right click on Sims2EP9 and select Send to -> Desktop (create shortcut)

If you still having crashing (and pink flashing), refer to this thread, "How to Stop Sims 2 Crashing (Memory Allocation Fix and 4GB Patch Repair)": http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641

Forum Resident
#19 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 5:16 PM
That second folder without the tm thing happens to me whenever I extract zip files directly to the Downloads folder instead of putting them in a temp folder. I use an old program that can't read the tm, that's why. HCDU has similar issues, that's why you need to create a different folder before you can check your downloads.

For the actual game though, the tm being there is not a problem because it's meant to be there, and the tm not being there seems to not be a problem either, because you said your game just recreates the tm folder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 11:00 PM
Default Fixed it
Okay guys, I figured it out, I was able to remove the "tm" again, and my game seems to run fine now!
I was just having trouble remembering how to remove it, but i found this post about it, and I did what the top one says.
But thank you to everyone who replied to my post, and tried to help me out. :lovestruc And i'm sorry for being a little bit confusing, English is not my first Language.
Screenshots