Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 4:10 AM
SIM PE lagging
I am running Windows 7 and I installed Sim PE manually . Not into the program files but into it's own folder.
It works. But it seems to take about five minutes..no exaggeration..to get started each time it's opened.. So I have to be very careful not to close it accidentally before I'm ready. It also takes another five minutes if I try to go into 'prefrences'. And for some other things..such as openng the neighborhood browser.
I'm figuring this is probably a Windows 7 issue. I thought maybe it was the amount of downloads I had, or a corrupt package but then I cut and pasted all my downlods to a dektop file and tried opening SIM PE again. It still took just as long to open.
ANy suggestions?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 4:37 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Try this:
http://simpeforum.ambertation.de/si...arger-in-memory

thanks
I tried it, but it still seems to take forever to do anything with it. The thing is I had the same amount of ep's and cc's on my other computer and it worked fine. Now I got this new PC and it is so sloow..not the computer, just SIM PE..so the only thing i can think of is WIndows 7..But i've heard others with Windows 7 saying it worked fine on their computer so I just don't get it.
well thanks anyway.