Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2011 at 10:29 PM
Default SimPE Help
I'm new to this site, so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Ok, so I want to change the name of the secret society in my neighborhood. I was told that I was able to do this in SimPE. Well, I renamed it, but when my sims go to the society, it still has the original name. Can someon please tell me how to do it step by step??

Thanks.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 8:48 AM
I know it might sound silly, but did you save the changes after you made them by clicking Commit button? I know I'm guilty of forgetting to do it sometimes *face palm*
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 9:55 AM
While we are on the subject...

Ok, so after I've edited a mesh to what I want (deleted areas, added new stuff, etc) then what? It seems simple enough, but I'm very new to the modding/creation scene for the Sims 2. Someone please help me out, SimPE is really confusing...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Feb 2011 at 10:04 AM
HylianWolf - You should be able to follow a tutorial on creating whatever it is you're doing (object, clothes, whatever) and it'll tell you what you need to do.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Feb 2011 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amairani
I know it might sound silly, but did you save the changes after you made them by clicking Commit button? I know I'm guilty of forgetting to do it sometimes *face palm*

Yes, I saved it, but It's name won't change. =/
Site Helper
#6 Old 8th Feb 2011 at 12:13 AM Last edited by Mootilda : 8th Feb 2011 at 12:29 AM.
You need to find the text resource for the lot and change the name there as well. First, find the Lot Description (LTXT) for the lot and note down the instance number, for example 0x00000025. Now, replace the fifth digit with an 8, for example 0x00008025. Look for the Text List (STR#) with this modified instance number and verify that you have the correct record. Make the change in the plugin view and commit. Then, make the same change in the Lot Description, commit and save.
Test Subject
#7 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 11:55 PM
Hey guys,
I know this post is pretty outdated but I've been reviving a lot of deceased sims lately (ie. Bella Goth, Skip Broke) and as I was going to revive Bella, I noticed that my SimPE is a little on the grouchy side. It works fine when I go through Neighborhood Browser and Sim Browser, but I need to get to their memories. No matter how many times I try to click on it, it won't open or maybe there's nothing there. (Which can't be true, the neighborhood runs fine.) I tried clicking on other things in the Resource Tree to see if they would show anything, to no avail. What's up? Do I need to reinstall it?