Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#51 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
One thing I loved about TS1 were those creepy and somewhat random solicitation crank phone calls. I wish they (EAxis) would've added them in TS2

Now remember people - They're coming soon. Maybe you should think twice about opening the door.

Those terrified the hell out of child me. But tbh it would be hilarious to have them back though.

The fortune teller lady from Unleashed was really great. I don't recall there being anything similar in the other sims games other than the TS3 caravan rabbithole.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 1:22 PM
There was also that fortune booth in Makin' Magic that required coins. The fortunes were always half-told, almost like a cliff hanger, and they always ended with a promise for more to be told if the Sim inserted more coins. It reminded me of the booth on the beach in Big that turned the boy into a man. I guess those booths were common in some time and place, but I've never seen them in real life.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#53 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 2:47 PM
I was (and still am) obsessed with making the roller coaster rides from Makin' Magic. It was hilarious to see the Sims screaming and crying.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 4:00 PM
I was going to say the MM roller coasters, but then I remembered that TS3 had a store set with roller coasters. I never got it, though, so I don't know how it holds up to how great the TS1 coasters were.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 26th Feb 2015 at 6:14 AM
This all brings back lots of memories for me! I need to reinstall sims1 <3 I miss Superstar and Makin Magic the most.
Test Subject
#56 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 11:26 AM
If I could get my Sims 1 game to install and play properly on my laptop, I could try to remake the houses and Sims from it and place them into Sims 3...now, where's my graph paper and notebook...
Mad Poster
#57 Old 25th Mar 2015 at 6:25 PM
The saxophone player that everyone was mentioning a few pages back was called W.C. Friendly! A nod to the fact he could walk into bathrooms and nobody would care.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
#58 Old 12th May 2015 at 4:36 AM
This message from the toy box
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#59 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:13 PM
There was SO much great stuff! Claire the Bear crying over your bearskin rug, or talking to teddy bears... Tucking kids in at night... taking a rose out of the vase and presenting it to a loved one... There was just a ton of fun, silly, or adorable things in that game. I cant even remember them all.

One interesting thing, that I had taken a picture of... One of my sims was very outgoing and got in the hot tub naked, during a party. It was fairly received and Paula Dropinski showed up (but Pete did not). Paula slipped into the hot tub naked as well, and I (like most) removed the censorship blur. Paula had body art! She was tattooed. I'd always wondered if Pete did too, but i was never able to get him naked ...you don't hear that every day...
Mad Poster
#60 Old 13th May 2015 at 5:30 PM
One thing I loved about TS1 were those creepy and somewhat random solicitation crank phone calls. I wish they (EAxis) would've added them in TS2

Now remember people - They're coming soon. Maybe you should think twice about opening the door.

One of the best parts of the series for me. In Sims 2, I usually can't be bothered to always answer random phone calls. But i'd make it a point in Sims 1 to do so because some of them are quite funny. The other random messages are funny as well.

Sigh. I could never get anything past Unleashed to load on my netbook. Makes me realize some of the fun I missed. I really did want Superstar to work on it ... tried a number of times ... but my netbook is an old one, and even after upgrading to the best of its ability, it doesn't seem to have enough firepower for those last two expansions. The acting career in Sims 2 doesn't quite seem to measure up to the one in Sims 1.

I probably should just give up on the netbook and load the game on my PC ... finally!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 14th May 2015 at 1:46 PM
It was also possible to make love on the bearskin rug. I was disappointed not to find one in Sims2, which is otherwise far superior in supplying places for sims to express their love.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#62 Old 15th May 2015 at 4:28 AM
The way Sims would cross their arms, keeping one hand up and on their chin, head cocked to one side and nodding, while listening to another Sim speak, while making soft "uh huh" and "mmm" sounds. The Sims were such good little listeners.

The way they danced by throwing their arms in the air* and looking for all the world like they were stretching. Cute little funny Sims, I miss them so. Time to fire up the game again!

* (Like they just don't care! - just like Oh in Home when he encountered earth music.)

Instructor
#63 Old 16th May 2015 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mordecai and Rigby
This message from the toy box

Woohoo?

My simblr AsdSims
Mad Poster
#64 Old 16th May 2015 at 11:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CooCooCoo
Woohoo?
In Sims 1, "Woohoo" was an expression like "Yippee!" - the way it's typically used in speech and the other was called, "play in bed". Using "woohoo" for "play in bed" started in Sims 2 and, yes, it causes some confusion. They probably used it because the Sims were so excited about it, they would say or think, "woohoo!". Maybe they should have substituted an older term, "make woopie" instead, but I'm ok with "woohoo" and think it's cute.

Test Subject
#65 Old 13th Apr 2016 at 1:21 AM Last edited by penchaotic : 13th Apr 2016 at 1:29 AM. Reason: additional info
Default Electrocuting Shower
does ANYONE remember the electrocuting shower for SIMS 1 ?? if you remember it, and have it, please pm me. I cannot find it anywhere online anymore. check out the 3 pics right above the following link (which SHOULD direct you directly to the "Electrocution" section of the page): thesims.neoseeker.com/wiki/The_Sims_Features - Electrocution
Scholar
#66 Old 24th May 2016 at 4:11 PM

You're a Summer and you should decorate accordingly if you want to live most harmoniously in your home.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Test Subject
#67 Old 29th May 2016 at 1:58 AM
I've always liked how neighbours bring over a box of chocolates or that cute little black vase of flowers when they visit your home. I believe this only happens when they're friends or when they come over to welcome your household to the neighbourhood.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 6:30 AM
I like how you don't have to hurry up to advance in a career before becoming an elder, and when you do recordings and other jobs, you have to pay attention to the cues from the producers so you can get the sequence right. People with ADD/ADHD can find that helpful. If you pay attention and find out what works and what doesn't, you get paid. If you don't, you lose star power and you might have a nervous breakdown.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:56 PM
You don't have to hurry to advance in a career before you become elder in Sims 2, either. Elders advance just fine.

I want singing to the baby back.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#70 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 8:01 PM
True, but it cuts down on retirement. What I mean is, there are no natural deaths - sims in Sims 1 live forever with no need for Elixir of Life. And yes, singing to the baby is so cute, especially since kids can care for babies in Sims 1.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 9th Nov 2016 at 3:45 PM
Feeding half a dozen Sims potions from the Concoctanation Station and watching them smash up every TV in the place.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
Gabby the Mime!!

I remember when I was little, I rode the bus with my friend, we memorized his message and we were saying it again and again with harsh french accent and laughing loudly, then the lady behind us told me to shut up and I was so, so embarrassed. I now always talk very quietly when I ride the bus or train, I still remember the embarrassment to this day! haha

The biggest thing I miss from the sims 1 is the sims voices. They had the most random and funniest language in my opinion. I don't really like the sims 3 and 4's language, it's not really memorable and it doesn't have personality (in my opinion). in the sims 1 they made such weird noises with certain melody and I still can remember to this day some of the sayings.
some nostalgia phrases for you:
TERE MA! (men's voice when talking)
when a man says YUCK.
when a kid leaves, they always say "Gabagoochia"!
and the sound they make when they relax. I still remember it!

also, I loved the random phone calls.
Test Subject
#73 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 4:36 PM
This is awesome!
Mad Poster
#74 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 9:16 PM
Can't speak to TS3 or 4, but at least when compared to TS2, the catalog descriptions of things in TS1 are far funnier, and add more "character" to the options available in that catalog than what you find in the expanded catalog of the later game.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
#75 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 8:10 PM
The Sims 1 always had better sounding simlish, in my opinion. I really think TS4 simplified it to a point where it was no longer an enjoyable bit of the game.
Page 3 of 3