Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 7:19 PM
Default How to find and edit base game clothes files?
Hi, I'm hoping to start some modding, and before I go on, what file editor should I use? I'm looking to convert some accessories to male before Plasticbox does it, so if anyone can recommend me a package editor (I have S4PE) to edit the clothes themselves, it'd be a great help.

Well that was confusing. Down to business.

How do you find the clothes for base game? I have the modded files, but those are all I can find. Are they in a folder somewhere, or are they tucked away somewhere?

This is a really confusing post. I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 8:06 PM
I was just about to post a tutorial on that; good timing =).

It is here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=560292

(There's one thing still missing from it but that's probably not relevant for you .. I decided to put it online anyway cause you asked)

Is there a specific reason you're asking where the clothing resources are? If I remember correctly, most or all CASPs are in fullbuild0/deltabuild0.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Is there a specific reason you're asking where the clothing resources are? If I remember correctly, most or all CASPs are in fullbuild0/deltabuild0.

Yep. Looking to convert some accesories before you do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 7:00 AM
Yes, I got that the first time around. =) I was wondering why the file location would be interesting .. since when you clone them anyway, you only need to remember where *your* files are.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:55 PM
Now, erm, where's fullbuild0/deltabuild0? I'm a noob at modding, and I definitely cannot find any CAS files in the Electronic Arts/TS4 folder, and I never took into consideration C:/ProgramME files.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 4:10 PM
When you start CASTools for the first time, it'll ask you where your game files are. It'll give you the default installation path.

Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 5:04 PM
When you start CASTools for the first time, it'll ask you where your game files are. It'll give you the default installation path.

Alright, I got it. Once I get the chance, I'll install CAST, hopefully tonight, and beat you to convert some clothing. (muhahahaha?)
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 5:32 PM
What now, clothing or accessories? (I've already done the boy-only longsleeve shirt (in addition to the stuff I have already uploaded) so you wouldn't need to do that again -- I'm on upload bypass, muhahaha! --, but no accessories so far, so go to town on those =) )

Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 10:01 PM
What now, clothing or accessories? (I've already done the boy-only longsleeve shirt (in addition to the stuff I have already uploaded) so you wouldn't need to do that again -- I'm on upload bypass, muhahaha! --, but no accessories so far, so go to town on those =) )

...unless either I procrastinate or forget.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 7:50 AM
Not sure how you mean that. If you want to make stuff available for the other gender, that's the "Gender" dropdown in the "General CAS Part Properties" tab. There is only one.

Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 3:21 PM
Submitting now. This is just make or break.
I know that my screenshots may be too bright or in different angles. And the description may be awful. Fingers crossed.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 12:15 AM
Just FYI, since you were asking about it: when you make a CASP edit or a recolour that doesn't include a mesh, you don't need to post a poly count when you upload it here. With Maxis items in particular it is a safe bet that the poly count will be very reasonable, as well.

Banned
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 3:21 PM
@plasticbox
It is done! I beat you to it.
A bit late, though.