Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 8:01 AM
Getting Rid Of Glitter On Shirt Recolors?
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me, or point me to a post that tells me how to get rid of glitter on a shirt?

I recolored the bow crop top, got rid of the bow and added a new graphic to it. When I put it in game it still has glitter on it where the bow was.
I've tried finding a tutorial or a form post with this and I have not been able to find one as of yet.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 7:29 PM
The glitter is in the specular texture. You can use TS4 CAS Tools (http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532867) clone package editor tab to open your package, then in the General CAS Parts Properties sub-tab click the specular image, in the popup window click Make Blank, then Save, then click Commit and save your package. (For safety make a copy first or use Save As.) The glitter should then be gone.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 8:42 PM
To add to what Cmar said: if you want to remove the shiny only from the bow (and leave it in place elsewhere -- I don't know that item well enough to tell whether it perhaps has other glitzy parts), you can also edit the texture and import it back in. This is a multichannel image; how to deal with it exactly depends on what editor you use. (A tutorial for Paint.net, where workarounds are required, is in Tutorials; PS should be straightforward, Gimp I don't know).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 2:03 PM
While I didn't examine it closely, this particular specular appears to have shine only on the bow. That said, in many cases the specular can be edited and imported back in. GIMP allows individual editing of the RBG channels and of the Alpha using a mask. I can provide more details if needed.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
While I didn't examine it closely, this particular specular appears to have shine only on the bow. That said, in many cases the specular can be edited and imported back in. GIMP allows individual editing of the RBG channels and of the Alpha using a mask. I can provide more details if needed.

Thank you for your help. I am unable to find the specular. I have both gimp and photoshop cs2. I'm only just starting to learn how to create my own CC and I'm not sure how to find this layer. I can only seem to see the RGB layers and the alpha.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Abracadani
Thank you for your help. I am unable to find the specular. I have both gimp and photoshop cs2. I'm only just starting to learn how to create my own CC and I'm not sure how to find this layer. I can only seem to see the RGB layers and the alpha.

See attached image...

Cheers
Torsten
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by meyomey
See attached image...

Cheers
Torsten

Thank you so much! This helped me a lot and I was able to remove the shine from the shirt!