Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2017 at 8:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Cannot install world (Hidden Springs, Riverview), Error message received: "Installation failed. Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again".
I recently installed the Sims 3 and several expansions on my 2nd computer through Origin, and used my points to purchase the world, Hidden Springs, from the Sims 3 official website. I downloaded the free town of Riverview as well from the same website. When trying to install both of these worlds, I encountered the error message: "Please make sure your game has the latest software updates and try again". I tried several times and received the same error message on each attempt.

As I mentioned before, I had just recently installed my game and expansions, which meant that my game was/is entirely up-to-date at this time. I did not have this issue with any other downloads and am unsure why I would be experiencing this problem, especially since these are not custom content worlds. Below, I've listed the specs of my computer and have attached a screenshot depicting the problem. Note: I am in no way a tech savvy person, so these details are copied directly from the specs listed in the control panel.

Edition: Windows 8.1
Processor: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics -- 1.80GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 6GB (4.96GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Screenshots