Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:31 PM Last edited by varpunen : 4th Feb 2018 at 7:51 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Dead completely missing from Barnacle Bay? (SOLVED)
Ok, I have small problem with the dead. I wanted some new blood into my game, so I've gone around different towns resurrecting interesting sims. There was 3 sims I wanted to resurrect from Barnacle Bay; Victoria Skullfinder and the Lai family. I got Victoria just fine after removing the seasonal lot marker but I can't find either Lai. Actually, there are no dead at all in either cemeteries, except for Ophelia at the Boneyard. I went through all the possible places - even in buy mode -, including the one with cellar, but no dead, only deco tomb stones. After googling this I found few other players asking about the same thing but they never got any answers. So, is this bug? Where are the dead sims? I have the retail version of Barnacle Bay if that make any difference. And yes, this is a fresh, new user folder I'm using.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 3:52 PM
Hi varpunen - In case you have not tried this method see I Would Like To Find Urnstone . Does that help you any? Or perhaps they are no longer available as noted:
Quote:
By default, EA Standard removes all inactive sims from the game that have never been actively played once they die.

Another method I've used is to have a sim in the graveyard and click on the Mausoleum and select Manage The Dead. That has always brought up tombstones for every one in town as I have other settings to prevent the game from removing dead sims.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hi varpunen - In case you have not tried this method see I Would Like To Find Urnstone . Does that help you any? Or perhaps they are no longer available as noted: .

Another method I've used is to have a sim in the graveyard and click on the Mausoleum and select Manage The Dead. That has always brought up tombstones for every one in town as I have other settings to prevent the game from removing dead sims.

Using the town hall with MC to find a grave gives no list of the dead sims to find, only automatically moves the view back to the cemetery. The manage the dead option doesn't work because these sims are premade dead sims. And there should be many more of them there: https://www.google.fi/url?sa=t&rct=...GuzoFzAu7ackLRV

In other towns the premade dead are there like they should be. Since premade dead Victoria and Ophelia are in BB, why not the rest?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 4:55 PM
Quote:
Using the town hall with MC to find a grave gives no list of the dead sims to find, only automatically moves the view back to the cemetery. The manage the dead option doesn't work because these sims are premade dead sims. And there should be many more of them there:

Rats, I was hoping that would help you out. I did a MC search for dead and it revealed everyone in town that is dead. I agree there should be more dead. See if you can see them this way: From City Hall or a computer>NRaas>Master Controller>Town>Bury The Dead. I just tried that in game and it brought up 2 dead sims (that were premade) that did not have gravestones and asked if I wanted to create them.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Rats, I was hoping that would help you out. I did a MC search for dead and it revealed everyone in town that is dead. I agree there should be more dead. See if you can see them this way: From City Hall or a computer>NRaas>Master Controller>Town>Bury The Dead. I just tried that in game and it brought up 2 dead sims (that were premade) that did not have gravestones and asked if I wanted to create them.

I'm in Bridgeport right now because I went to collect 2 dead, the woman behind Plasma 501 and the guy - Sinjon - behind the cinema and again, they are not there. The tombstones are but they're just deco now. What is going on with the dead in this game?

I'll test the MC again like you suggested.

Edit: No luck in Bridgeport with the "Bury the dead" option.

Edit2: There is only one dead in Bridgeport cemetery, Tatiana, when there should be three. Just one, like in Barnacle Boneyard.
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:03 PM
Do you have NRaas Traveler? If you have it and have a world open, then go back to the main menu and let the game create a new world (not loading a save) without shutting down the game and reloading it, the dead sims will be messed up in that new world. You will find them alive, living in random lots. It's a known issue and there's a warning at the Traveler download page about it.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Do you have NRaas Traveler? If you have it and have a world open, then go back to the main menu and let the game create a new world (not loading a save) without shutting down the game and reloading it, the dead sims will be messed up in that new world. You will find them alive, living in random lots. It's a known issue and there's a warning at the Traveler download page about it.

I've gone everytime through the main menu and into a fresh world, so it's not a traveler issue. But... I just created - again - a completely new use folder, went to Bridgeport and the dead woman behind the Plasma 501 was there. I'm going to test the Barnacle Bay next. Have no idea what caused them to disappear, since the previous user folder was a fresh one, too. But if the dead are there in BB, as well, then it has something to do with the user folder.
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:37 PM
Shut down the game and reboot it before you let the game create a new world. Just going through the main menu doesn't do it.

From the NRaas Traveler download page:

Quote:
WARNING:
When you decide to start a new game after a game session, exit the game completely and restart from desktop. When doing it through the main menu, such as Save current game - switch to Main menu - Start New Neighborhood, all existing in-world deceased Sims will be resurrected and dropped on a Venue or Empty lot chosen as their Residential home.
This might lead to corruption on that current game, so please Exit current game session and restart the game from desktop.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
Shut down the game and reboot it before you let the game create a new world. Just going through the main menu doesn't do it.

From the NRaas Traveler download page:

Oh goodness, so that's what was going on. Feeling pretty silly right now. Been using Nraas mods so long now that I had forgotten that. Didn't even cross my mind since Sunset Valley worked fine and some of the dead in BB. I really thought that going through main menu was enough. Sorry to have bothered you guys with this but thank you for the help and for showing me the reason.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 8:43 PM
The reason this happens is really an EA glitch. When a game save is offloaded and the player returns to the Main Menu to load or begin another one rather than quitting entirely, not all contents of RAM are cleared and the data from one game save can get superimposed on another. Traveler has the potential to make the glitch worse, it's not actually the root cause.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:53 PM
Thank you for the info, Igazor.