Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2010 at 10:30 AM
Default Collections Organiser Anywhere?
Does anyone know where to find a utility / program / mod that would allow for adding subfolders within the collection folders in the game? For example, you may wish to create a main collection folder under the name of a particular artist, then within that folder, create subfolders for bathrooms, livingrooms, etc, and within these subfolders find the collection icon saved here for particular sets.

I don't know about anyone else but I am sick of scrolling through hundreds and hundreds of collection icons trying to find a particular set and would dearly love to be able to orgnise these collections in a more manageable format.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 12:36 AM
Great idea, but I don't believe that TS2 supports nested collections.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 12:35 PM
I thought as much, but thank you very much for the reply. I thought there was a very small chance of it being possible because when you click into Decorations in the catalogue, this opens a sub menu catalogue with Plants, Mirrors, etc, and hoped a similar format could be done in Collections catalogue in the game.
Site Helper
#4 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 4:46 PM
Usually what I do is to sort things in an order that makes sense to me. First, all of the collections that I use frequently, then the EA collections by EP. Within that, I sort similar collections together. It's not perfect, but it makes things a lot easier.
#5 Old 20th Apr 2010 at 5:02 PM
I do something vaguely similar. Certain collections that I *never* use but don`t want to delete get moved to the end. Whenever I want to use a collection that isn`t amongst those visible at the beginning of the list, or whenever I`m going to be adding a bunch of stuff to a particular collection [even if it is already visible], I move it to the beginning of the list. That way, my most recently used collections tend to collect near the beginning, and my frequently-used collections stay near the beginning.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank