Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 4:13 AM
Default Advice needed - making default eye package
I am currently following this tutorial Nevermore Default Eye Tutorial

However, I am falling down at the very first step. I have downloaded the sample default eye package mentioned in the tutorial and opened it in S4PE. However, I don't see the "UNKN" files mentioned in this quote:

Quote:
You will see various “UNKN” files: they’re the eye textures you will need. If you click on each of them, you will see a little preview on the right side of the page.

When I open the file I see this:

There are only RLE2 files and obviously when I click on them, no preview appears.

What am I doing wrong?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 9:34 AM
"RLE2" is the new name for "UNKN"-files with textures as of s4pe v0.2c.
As to why you're not seeing a preview: color me intrigued. I downloaded the exact same package you have opened in your screenshot and they show up just fine. I suppose you unzipped with 7zip, since when I unzipped with winrar, the package wouldn't even open so presumably that isn't the problem either. The text to the right in the screenshot unfortunately is unreadable even when I put my glasses on
Have you tried exporting the DDS anyway or even import a changed one?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 9:45 AM
I believe one needs to turn on the preview in Settings?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:34 AM
What preview am I supposed to turn on? I've looked at the drop down Settings menu and tried ticking various options. I still don't get a preview picture

I unzipped the program with WinRAR but it unzipped fine for me.

I haven't tried exporting the DDS or importing anything

Help!!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:52 PM
I'd still suggest unzipping with 7zip. Stuff missing when people don't do that is a known issue (no matter whether or not they get an error message).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 7:38 PM
I had to UnZip with 7zip in place of WinRAR also, and - it did fix my issue for whatever reason.