Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 6:29 PM
Default What's happening in your game?
I thought for certain we had one of these, but I didn't find it.

Here's what's going on in my game: I created Lilly Putian who has moved into the former Newbie home (they moved to the other side of town to a larger place and have had a child). Lilly loves her new little place and spends a lot of time watering flowers. She's met Bella Goth and Richie Rich so far. The neighborhood seems nice and it's always sunny and warm. She's started working at Corporate Offices and has already received a promotion from mail room worker to executive assistant - congrats, Lilly! Lilly hopes to explore the town more after she's built up a few more skills for living on her own.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 2:58 AM
I've been playing with the Roomies and I just hit the 100 day mark, so now I get to read the little messages about the developers. Chris works and Melissa stays home and makes friends. I got Chris to the top of the entertainment career, and then she changed to politics and became mayor pretty soon, and now she's a doctor. Maybe she'll be an astronaut next. xD
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 3:12 AM
Ooo! You might end up with what my son called the "perfect Sim", one who has all skill points maxed! It was one of his goals, but I don't think he ever made it. The bonus messages are out there online, I just saw a bunch of them. I love them because they give background information on the developers.

Here: http://www.snootysims.com/forums/vi...hp?f=17&t=24520

Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 3:30 AM
Actually, Melissa only needs one more logic point and then they are all maxed out! And she was never even employed, she just had a lot of free time so I made her work on skills. xD

Yeah the bonus messages are really interesting, I don't usually play for that long, but I found myself really engrossed in this house.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 4:38 AM
Was this Melissa Roomies or one of your own?

The grass is also supposed to get greener the longer you stay and play on a single property. Did you notice that? I try to pay attention.

Isn't it great when you get so caught up in a family, story, or lot that you don't even notice that 100 Sim days have passed?

Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 5:55 AM
Yeah, it's Melissa Roomies. I wasn't planning on playing them so long, but I really wanted to earn enough money to buy the large mansion, which I've never done without money cheats. My net worth is 55,000 now, but I want more to spend on furniture when I move.

Oh I wonder if the grass got greener, I didn't really notice! The picture shows what it looks like on day 121 (It's lot 9).
Screenshots
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 7:14 AM
I played with Ginia Kat today. Every now and again, I play the characters from the beginning. Ginia's family is one of the more challenging ones to play. I'm about 16 days in and there have been about 5 kittens born. The last one was taken away by animal services because Maggie (the only female cat at Ginia's) was lonely and upset by the messy yard. She missed taking care of her kittens while she was taking care of her loneliness. I hope that doesn't stop her from having more kittens because Ginia depended on that extra income. Ginia is much too busy taking care of her pets and garden to hold a job, so she's earned money by painting, canning, and breeding Maggie. She hasn't been able to make enough money to keep up with the bills, but hopefully that situation will improve as she becomes more skilled at canning and painting. Also, as Ginia works on training Maggie and her other kitties, the kittens become worth more.

Just keeping up with a day of watering plants, feeding and cuddling cats, and taking care of daily needs is exhausting. On days when Ginia doesn't tend to her garden, she works on her skills and she tries to can a little every day.

Instructor
#8 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 3:12 PM
I'm building and making over some houses and community lots in the 3rd neighboorhood (I was tired of the 1st and 2nd ones), but haven't any idea about families. Damn lacking of talent!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 5:15 AM
A few ways I have filled up Sims 1 neighborhoods:

Made one single adult sim for each zodiac sign.

Created sims to match a theme for each house - a retired schoolteacher living in an old one-room schoolhouse, a hippy commune, an old farming couple, a yuppie to gentrify a run-down mansion, a group of homeless people living in an abandoned warehouse, etc.

Created sims modeled on fictional families: the March girls and Marmee from Little Women, the seven castaways of Gilligan's Island, Mr. and Mrs. Bennet and their five daughters from Pride and Prejudice; Sherlock Holmes, Dr. Watson, and Mrs. Hudson; Clark Kent, Lois Lane, and Jimmy Olsen; Arthur, Gwenavere, Lancelot, Morgan le Fay, and Mordred - really, once you start doing this it's hard to stop.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#10 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 8:18 AM
Peni you're the best XD this is that kind of inspiration I needed XD opening the game and see what I can do :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:31 AM
In the past I've also played these (and they were fun):

* A "Pizza Planet" or at least a futuristic pizza place (I had buyable pizza, but you can have it delivered) with modern furniture set up so that many Sims can visit and lots of pizza on the counter and the soda machine.

* A Dutch couple in a very narrow, brightly painted house. The husband supported the family with woodworking (gnomes) and the wife baked cookies. Again, I just put out plates of cookies for neighbors, but since Makin' Magic came out, this could be played with actual baking of breads and cakes.

* A "Camp" for kids with every fun kid activity possible. You could fill the family at this lot with lots of kids or simply invite lots of kids over to enjoy it.

* An "orphanage" run by some nuns in the American Southwest with adobe style home. (I used the buyable baby).

* A single Sim who became a mad scientist who made all of his friend requirements by loves brought by the concoction station (and gone awry).

* A lot where everything is built in the air, except for maybe the pool and the staircases. To build in the air, put down a wall or set of columns, go up one level and put down floor tiles, then go back to the first floor and remove the walls or columns.

* A lot where everything is built with waterways that need to be crossed to get to other areas. I actually did this for a downtown restaurant that I called "Islands". It was hysterical to see the waitstaff swan dive with plates of food, bringing them to the table, or to see Mrs. Crumplebottom swim through the cannels with her little pillbox hat and clutching her purse.

* An apartment set up. I actually made a Duplex and Jackie Chan lived in one half (but didn't stay to his half). SimLogical has ways to make such a system work, but I never bothered with lockable doors.

- (Speaking of SimLogical, they have the means to extend your play in all sorts of ways such as building a school or a prison.)

* One of my favorite scenarios to play (I do this from time to time) is a single adult with six child siblings. I call her Tammy Yaya and she's from the bayou. Using no cheats, my little Sim family has to have the basics of life, has to build up their household funds so that it is a furnished place with enough plumbing, beds, chairs, etc... for their needs and is set up so that they do not need endless micro-managing.
Tammy must find a husband (eventually) and the family must all be good friends. This one is very challenging! That's why I love it.

* Try one of the families Maxis made. You can still find them at Sim Echos. http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes1/archives.html The Hatfields are a hoot - they're hillbillies based on that old feuding family from Appalachia.

* Explore each career to the ultimate level.

* Try different ways to live off the grid

* Make a doctor's hospital

* One lot was an alien ship.

* One lot was a movie theater.

* I recreated the home from the TV shows Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie

* I had the X-files Sims living in a house that seemed "normal" in the front, but had all sorts of weird spy stuff in the "hidden" room in the back. They went into the spy career, naturally.

* One family lived outdoors and all their rooms were situated in nature. They all had names related to plants and flowers such as Herb, Daisy, etc.....

* A medieval neighborhood that included one lot set up as a little town with a few small buildings (with beds at the top) where the lot of inhabitants were the artist, the baker, the wood maker, etc....

* One neighborhood was based off of Lord of the Rings.

* A prehistoric neighborhood

* A "classic" neighborhood where I mixed Roman and Greek items and costumed people.

* A "Simvivor" house (I can't claim credit for this one, this is something some people did and posted about it back in the day) where you set up a household of random Sims with whatever they need to survive, but you don't direct them AT ALL, not even to teach them skills and then just WATCH and see how it goes. I played this on a buggy lot where nothing could be delivered. (I must have deleted a portal). Anyway, after my son and I designed Sims for this challenge, we turned it on high speed and speculated as to who we thought would do the best. The Sim that managed to survive the challenge was rewarded with a lovely home with a pool build inside on the first floor, lots of interesting corners and angels, and tons of plants and large glass windows.

I was at my most creative when I played Sims 1.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 3:31 PM
Richie Rich got married!
Screenshots
Scholar
#13 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 5:05 PM
Gosh, seeing these TS1 pics makes me reminisce over the good old days. I even remember the day I got the base game. Mum let me bunk off school I think because of bullying reasons, and we went into town. Then we got back to the car and I stayed there examining the case and booklet while she went into the supermarket. I even remember that it was raining.

And to think, when TS2 came out I was like an old man stuck in his ways, staying true to the original. Now I play TS2 and do the same with 3 and 4.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#14 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 9:22 AM
This happened:

That's my favourite hoax call message!

Does anyone have a screenshot of the fake lottery win message? I remember my sim having a million simoleons credited to her account, only for it to be taken away because it was an error seconds later. I've only had that one once in all my years playing, and never managed to capture it!
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 1:22 PM Last edited by Snufflepaws : 15th Oct 2015 at 6:40 AM.
I LOVE that message. I wish the same humour and general quirkiness of TS1 got passed onto TS2. You just can't beat it. The Simlish was also better IMO.

EDIT
To anyone who still plays, can I possibly get a screenshot of a Sim in mid fashion career? I remember adoring one of the uniforms. I can't remember much but I'd recognise it. I think it was a bit glittery. I might try and copy it for TS2.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Oct 2015 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
To anyone who still plays, can I possibly get a screenshot of a Sim in mid fashion career? I remember adoring one of the uniforms. I can't remember much but I'd recognise it. I think it was a bit glittery. I might try and copy it for TS2.
My game won't load, so I can't find it there, but I wondered if it might be online some place? Do you remember which one you were looking for? The levels were:

Clerk
Tailor
Make-up Artist
Painters Model (this was a robe)
Fashion Photographer
Tradeshow Model
Runway Model
Supermodel
Fashion Columnist
Fashion Designer
Scholar
#17 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 1:04 AM Last edited by Snufflepaws : 16th Oct 2015 at 11:53 AM.
I only remember that you wear it in the middle levels like Fashion Photographer maybe. No worries though, last night I gave in and downloaded TS1. The temptation was too much. :D

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 3:18 PM
Today, Sim Sample managed to burn the Grim Reaper:
Scholar
#19 Old 17th Oct 2015 at 4:06 PM
Awesome, I had no clue that was even possible. Did you make your own sim head or is that a Maxis one? Couldn't help but notice it's exactly like your avatar.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#20 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snufflepaws
Awesome, I had no clue that was even possible. Did you make your own sim head or is that a Maxis one? Couldn't help but notice it's exactly like your avatar.

That's just a Maxis head; the Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4 versions of Sim Sample are based on that. 15 years ago it never occurred to me to make my own sim head!
Test Subject
#21 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 2:39 PM
I remade a couple of Pleasantview lots from The Sims 2 and put them in some blank neighborhood, and I downloaded a CC wedding arch and buyable gravestones for the Goth house. I made some custom head and body skins for Mortimer Goth and Daniel Pleasant.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 2:40 PM
Ooo! Do you have an pictures?
Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Oct 2015 at 2:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Ooo! Do you have an pictures?

Not at the moment. I'm don't have that computer where I am now.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 7:27 AM
In my game, Lilly got new counters and a new stove. I usually make my Sims cook on the cheapest stove until they can improve their cooking to level five. Also note the spiffy new plant! Since it's Halloween, Lilly got all seasonal and bought a pumpkin, too.
Screenshots
Attached Images

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 10:19 PM
Today, Sim Sample (recently reincarnated thanks to quit without save) got a helping hand in the bath from Bridgit the Maid.

Page 1 of 2