Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 8:48 AM Last edited by ShinraStrife : 12th Sep 2015 at 3:22 PM.
Default Issues with low quality textures.
I recently began making CC for sims 4 and this community was a big help overcoming some issues I had. I ask for your knowledge again.

I'm having issues with textures losing quality after compression. I know this is a side effect of compression but I see other people making CC with incredibly dense textures that look like they're not compressed at all.

It doesn't matter how large I make images to apply to a texture I'm replacing because after they are sized down to fit on a shirt or a tank top or whatever they lose their quality after compression. (screenshots attached)

I guess what I'm asking is what do you guys do to get good quality textures in your CC?

EDIT: The textures that were being extracted from the template items in-game were already DXT5 compressed when extracted giving them a double compressed look. I'll have to figure out a way to extract the textures at a higher quality.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShinraStrife
I recently began making CC for sims 4 and this community was a big help overcoming some issues I had. I ask for your knowledge again.

I'm having issues with textures losing quality after compression. I know this is a side effect of compression but I see other people making CC with incredibly dense textures that look like they're not compressed at all.

It doesn't matter how large I make images to apply to a texture I'm replacing because after they are sized down to fit on a shirt or a tank top or whatever they lose their quality after compression. (screenshots attached)

I guess what I'm asking is what do you guys do to get good quality textures in your CC?

EDIT: The textures that were being extracted from the template items in-game were already DXT5 compressed when extracted giving them a double compressed look. I'll have to figure out a way to extract the textures at a higher quality.

Do you still need help? Because I found this for Photoshop: http://www.photoshopsupport.com/tut...er/bicubic.html