Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 12:05 AM
Default Dress Issue?

I don't know if this is the right area to post this in, but does anyone have any advice for me? I made most of the skirt on this dress transparent trying to shorten it, but this monstrosity happened.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 12:29 AM
To shorten that dress you need to actually shorten the mesh, not just change the texture. Or alternatively, cut off the top and combine it with a bottom that is already the length you want (you might need to fiddle a bit to line it up again in the middle, I can't really tell from the screenshot).

You may also be able to find a custom mesh that supports alpha edits, perhaps? I know those were pretty popular in earlier games; I don't download much so I don't know whether such a thing has been made for TS4 already. Maybe try asking in Discussion > Where Can I Find if you'd like to try that approach.

Also, moving to Create > CAS because Help is for game help.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Theorist
#3 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 6:03 PM
I think this tutorial can help you HERE