Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:08 PM
Can You Teach an Old Dog New Tricks?
The title for this post probably sounds funnier in my head than it does on screen. Oh well.

Basically, I'm wondering if an Elder Dog is still able to learn new Tricks (Sit, Play Dead, etc). I know the option is there in the pie menu, but I've spent Sim-days and days trying to get Fuzzy to learn some of the tricks and he just doesn't seem to improve. I haven't found any option in NRaaS that shows New Trick progress for animals. Are there certain Dog traits that limit one's ability to learn? Or is it like the title says; Old Dogs =! Learning new Tricks.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:24 PM
I cannot remember! Is there a dumb trait? Maybe Fuzzy is too fuzzy headed to learn? (!!!!!) I think there may be a quick learner? Is there a slow learner one? What are his traits? Poor Fuzzy!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 12:08 AM
Nope, Fuzzy Wuzzy was a raised fairly well:
-Born with: Genius, Independent, Friendly
-Through training learned: Loyal, Neat, Playful, Noisy, Hunter, Hyper, Non-Destructive, Adventurous.
-Hidden skills: Hunting 10/10, Tricks 5/5.
-LTRs bought: Alpha Pet.

--Out of all traits the Genius, Loyal, and Shy seem to affect speed of learning Skills. (It says these traits help with Skills - Hunting, but IDK about Hidden Skill - Tricks.) The only thing I could do here is buy Attitude Adjustment LTR and give him the Shy trait.
--The other thing I could do is buy the Super Smart LTR. (Again, this helps with Hunting but IDK about Tricks.)
--Or maybe the Hidden Skill - Tricks is broken... it's got an H, which is highly suspicious.. I could set it to 0 and then set it back up to 5.

I find it strange that there is nothing on the Wiki about Sims 3: Pets tricks. Carl's Guide mentions it but doesn't say anything about Trait restrictions.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 9:08 AM
Poor Fuzzy must be getting to be a senile genius.