Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#15826 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarr
Does the “take for a walk” action do anything other than take your sim and pet away for a while? Are there any random chance events?

I've never seen any random chance events, but it will fill a dog's bladder meter.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#15827 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 11:50 PM
Is it possible to place a functioning garage door over a driveway NOT between two driveway sections? I hate the fact that garage doors have to always be soooo far back from the street, even in dense urban centers where it's such a waste of space...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#15828 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 12:26 AM
You can place them with moveobjects, but I'm not sure if it'll actually work. If it does, the car will just teleport to the road.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#15829 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 1:48 AM
For those of you who play rotational style, do you pair your sims up as soon as their teens--as in, whomever they date when they're teens is whom they marry? Or do you let your sims date around a bit and pick a different partner in uni?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15830 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 2:14 AM
Teen-YA-Adult. Some pair up early and others later, it all depends.

@Zarathustra I did that here: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=476981 Placed it with moveobjects on. My guess is sometimes on loading that lot the garage door might show up that way, like its been placed with Move on, but I know a reload fixes that. As you can see I placed it right on the footpath-probably too close to the front lol, but you can see that it at least works. The car would teleport out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#15831 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 2:18 AM
Like in real life the pairing differs between my sims. Some find their love early, some need to seek/wait longer, a few stay single...
Mad Poster
#15832 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 3:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
For those of you who play rotational style, do you pair your sims up as soon as their teens--as in, whomever they date when they're teens is whom they marry? Or do you let your sims date around a bit and pick a different partner in uni?

In theory, nothing is set in stone (ever, not even once they're married with kids), but how it usually plays out is that most of my sims find a partner they're pretty happy with and stick with that partner - whenever that happens, be it as a teen or YA or adult or even elder. It depends a lot on that particular sim and what wants they roll, however.
Mad Poster
#15833 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 5:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Here's Pixel Trade's method of restoring graves. It works a charm:
Tutorial: Restoring Lost Tombstones (pets inclusive)

Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
==
But not quite. That link says I need "Resurrect any Pet & Sim by Christianlove" but the site is "not available".
It also says I need the teleporter cat; I have the Blender, which looks like it does the same things. And it says I need the mind control mirror, but I already have a hack that lets me click on any Sim and "control" them. And I already have the lot debugger (Bat box).
I will look for a "resurrect" hack.... Christianlove's downloads show a teleporter, but not for ghosts or graves

"Resurrect Any Pet" is one of the mods listed in this big Christianlov collection of 59 mods (thanks to Marka93 for posting that).
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=8908.0

I used the batbox method in that tutorial for years and it usually worked, but there are times when the summoned dead sim simply blinks out without respawning a grave. Very irritating. If that happens to you, you may want to try Mike_1102's "Urnstone Spawner." I use this now anyway as the process is so much simpler and only requires the spawner object (no teleporting, no having to select unselectable sims, no requiring half a dozen different modded objects, etc.)

Just click on the spawner, "Select Sim" from the list of neighborhood dead (listed by first names only unfortunately) and then select "Spawn urnstone". The grave should instantly appear next to the mod object. Graves spawned this way seem to always end up as death by old age, but that's easily fixed by turning the testing cheats on and shift-clicking the grave to "Set Death Type" (base game deaths only, unfortunately).

Mike_1102's Urnstone Spawner - does NOT respawn pet graves!
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=236885
Mad Poster
#15834 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 7:05 AM
Can you resurrect a pet with the in game resurrection methods?
Forum Resident
#15835 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:36 AM
@Charity
Yep, and they return in the beginning of their elder years. At least with the resurrect-o-nomitron.
Mad Poster
#15836 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Is it possible to place a functioning garage door over a driveway NOT between two driveway sections?

If by "functioning" you mean - park a usable car behind it - then yes. Place the door and driveway with Move Objects ON. Be sure to have a full extension piece inside the garage (overlap if necessary) to park the car on properly. However, the car will not "drive" through the doorway, it will teleport to the road instead. The door should open and close normally. You can make your driveway any length or shape you want - for car parking abilities - but, cars will not drive along the path unless the driveway pieces are straight and line up perfectly, end-to-end.

...Can't wait to see what your building

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#15837 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
...Can't wait to see what your building

This isn't actually for any upcoming project in particular, sorry to say... more just a general wonderingment. I have figured out how to make a working garage or basement connected to a penthouse apartment via private elevator though, so I can definitely envision it showing up in such a lot!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#15838 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 8:08 PM
Thanx RoxEllen, I will try to get all the right stuff to find my graves. Looks complicated, but doable.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#15839 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 8:31 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 29th Oct 2018 at 11:12 PM.
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to ask this so apologies if I'm not allowed.

I was wondering if anyone here knows anyone who could create this skin into a default

Edit by Jo: Sorry, but it's against site rules to post the request here.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15840 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 11:08 PM
@Fyren5 Please don't make requests here. You need to look over the Creators who take requests thread (WCIF section) and pm someone on the list.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15841 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 9:23 AM
How are my sims aware of the CC that I have in my game? I've had multiple toddlers now ask to "reach Cleaning level 1," despite "Cleaning" not being a skill that is available to toddlers by any vanilla means - I do have one CC toddler toy that raises that skill...but how could my toddlers know it exists, especially since it never exists on the lot before they ask to learn the skill? I also have a Fortune sim who keeps asking for a "rug costing at least $2k," despite the price of vanilla "rugs" maxing out at $1.2k. I've only got the one $2k rug in my game, and I only very recently repriced it to that with SimPE (it's got a very high environment score).
Mad Poster
#15842 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Thanx RoxEllen, I will try to get all the right stuff to find my graves. Looks complicated, but doable.

@grammapat - Christianlov "Resurrect Any Pet" mod is only needed if you're missing a pet's grave and it sounds as though that might be the only mod needed for that.

If you're restoring a human sim's grave, you can either go through the process in the tutorial or use the much simpler Urnstone Spawner that I mentioned. Respawning your graves doesn't have to be complicated.
Forum Resident
#15843 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 6:44 PM
Have your toddlers been doing anything that raises their nature enthusiasm, like chasing butterflies? Having a nature hobby sometimes triggers wants for cleaning skills, and I've seen that happen to toddlers who spend a lot of time outside.
Alchemist
#15844 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 8:03 PM
the Wants that appear (or could appear) I take to be controlled through various BHAVs.
Mad Poster
#15845 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitching
Have your toddlers been doing anything that raises their nature enthusiasm, like chasing butterflies? Having a nature hobby sometimes triggers wants for cleaning skills, and I've seen that happen to toddlers who spend a lot of time outside.

This most recent toddler anyway has some Nature enthusiasm (haven't checked the other one). But does that mean that a toddler could just go ahead and roll that want even when it is impossible for them to fulfill it?
Mad Poster
#15846 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 1:54 AM
Aside from turning it around backwards, is there a way to prevent Sims from putting their groceries or leftovers in MsBarrow's baby bottle fridge? I took a look at it in SimPE but wasn't sure where to go from there.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#15847 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Mike_1102's Urnstone Spawner - does NOT respawn pet graves!
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=236885

===========
Trying that, thanks.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#15848 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 5:38 AM
How can I permanently change the day and time of a residential lot? I have a family that's moving into a new home and need to get back on their rotation schedule. I have Insimenator, but it doesn't permanently change the day and time.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#15849 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
How can I permanently change the day and time of a residential lot? I have a family that's moving into a new home and need to get back on their rotation schedule. I have Insimenator, but it doesn't permanently change the day and time.

This: Day Setter by Neder-it sets the day to whatever one you want, and the Insimenator can change the time.

I answered my own question about a Uni CL that was not working. When you place it in the regular neighborhood, you have to visit it first to make it work in the neighborhood. Then everyone will be able to travel to it without it resetting. (The lot was Chestnut Park.)

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#15850 Old 1st Nov 2018 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1

The Sim Manipulator will do that. So will the MTS wall calendar, I believe, tho I have not actually tried those functions.
Page 634 of 1339