Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 12:57 PM
Default Historical conversion | Minoan
So I would like to have a Minoan TS3 game.
The Palace of Knossos with King Minos, the Minotaur, Daedalus and Icarus, Theseus and Ariadne.
Anyone else would like it too?

I have found two Minoan columns as OBJ files -- they come even with the textures --, and would like to have them converted to TS3.

I have tried following 2 tutorials, but can't even open both files -- the Minoan OBJ and the Round Column wso cloned from TS3 -- in Milkshape. First I import the wso. but next when I import the OBJ, can't find the wso any longer. In groups, Select, I can only find the OBJ.

Is there a very easy tutorial for converting OBJ for TS3?

Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 1st Dec 2016 at 2:10 PM
Hi there!

I have never had any import issues. Though, i'm wondering. Is there any pop up coming up if you import your WSO or obj file? And, could you tell me what version of TSRW you're using? You could (if you're using the latest version) use this version instead: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172

The latest versions of TSRW are basically broken for the sims 3. I would also use the plugin that comes with the version from my tumblr blog and replace it with the one you're using.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2016 at 12:08 AM
Thank you for your answer Greenplumbbob!!

My TSRW version is 2.0.22, and I believe it works fine -- the problem is me actually being a total noob with Milkshape.

A friend has pointed that the first problem is the huge difference of scale and polys between the EA column wso and the OBJ file for the Minoan columns I am trying to convert, so I am trying to bear my way around that!

It's just that there is no Minoan Age content at all for Sims 3, and I want at least a few key objects to make the game look credible -- and that's why I am venturing into meshing...

Thank you so much again!