Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#1051 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 4:27 PM
I recently downloaded CUSTARD myself as I wasn't sure about an upload. It did it's job and found some sneaky CC which I could promptly remove from the file.
@TudorMan23

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1052 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 9:39 PM
I somehow got this done last night. I actually wanted to go to sleep at 1AM but this turned that time to 430AM.
Screenshots

#1053 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
I somehow got this done last night.

When can I move in?! :lovestruc
All it needs is Dolly Parton on the front porch singing "My Tennessee Mountain Home".
Alchemist
#1054 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
When can I move in?! :lovestruc

As soon as you bring me the cash for the last 2 homes
Only cold hard cash please.

#1055 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 4:07 PM
I recently downloaded CUSTARD myself as I wasn't sure about an upload. It did it's job and found some sneaky CC which I could promptly remove from the file.
@TudorMan23

Tried to download Custard not sure what i did wrong ugh!
And plus a few of my pics were blurry so i need to fix that haha

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1056 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 4:19 PM
[QUOTE=attuned]Tudorman- two possibilities, if you submitted it as a library file instead of a sims3pack, it will read the library file as cc. The other is that you have hitchhiking cc attached to your sims3pack. If you need help clearing the cc, send me a pm and I can help (after Christmas).

Hey thanks!

C.T.HOLKO88
dodgy builder
#1057 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 4:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Tried to download Custard not sure what i did wrong ugh!
And plus a few of my pics were blurry so i need to fix that haha

Did it download? It's a homemade program. You click on the exe file and direct the program to where the sims3pack file is.
Instructor
#1058 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 1:44 PM
Hey all! I'm still alive, sorta.

Anywho, I was somewhat inspired/motivated by the Pets theme, and despite being freaked out by horses, I started work on an equestrian center.

A posh 1920s-ish club for a wealthy crowd with fancy-sounding, multi-syllabic surnames. Dramatic arch focal point! (And towers! And built on a hill! Because I could have no less...) I realized Tudor Revival is, in a way, like Victorian 2.0--you can just pile on a bunch of different bits and somehow, with actually very little fiddling, just make it work. Though making a barn fabulous was a challenge. Of course, I had to build it on/in a hill to keep the barn from overwhelming the clubhouse from the front. The, uh, compressed floor made it very difficult to find a way up to the hay loft on the top floor of the barn. But happy accident, an external stairs looks amazing.

But let's not kid ourselves, I probably won't finish it. My track record is abysmal at this point, and I've already done the fun part.

And in totally stark contrast...

At some point (in my absence), I started on this Le Corbusier inspired church.

It is 100% ruined by Sims 3 lighting and the black ceiling glitch.

I'm pretty sure I knew it would before I even started. But the clerestory gives the illusion of a floating roof and the main door is fun. That's, at least, something.
Alchemist
#1059 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 3:46 PM
Love the color scheme of the equestrian center and the windows in the curch, neat!

I also wanted to say that I'll probably post my progress and uploads less from now on. My interest in architecture has been fading away over the course of the last year, which I'm pretty bummed about, but what can I do I've already given up on my idea of studying, too.
I can visit OHD and other sites like crazy but I just don't get any inspiration or motivation anymore at all, even the Queen Annes which blew my mind don't do it anymore. but I hope I can still finish current homes for now.
Yeah a little vent. Ehh.. just so you know.

#1060 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 5:32 PM
Looking at these pictures on my phone doesn't do them justice at all.

Bravo: you old wooden cabin is lovely, very nice color combinations. Don't give in just yet. Your mojo will come back to you later some time. Do you study architecture? I seem to remember something like that? Just dig in, give it some time. An unfinished degree is a bit of a liability on the job market.

Cutsocks: the equestrian center is very nice, and the Corbusier house with the high windows reminds me of his house in Paris, which is now a museum. I was there a few years ago, have you been there?

Then to my own things. I'm turning to you excellent people about my roof. It's crazy ts4 roofs again. I just wanted to play around with it again, to try'n find my own thing. Is this something that could work, or should I find something else?

Alchemist
#1061 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 6:07 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 2nd Jan 2018 at 6:23 PM.
Thanks
But no, I haven't given up completely (on TS at least), it could be that I just need a longer break. I hope it is just that. It's bad enough I've given up on becoming an architect, but I want to keep building at least because I know I love doing that. But the past few..weeks..months (not sure when it started) it felt more like a job than something I like doing.
and I wanted to study architecture. If I did study I'd finish it

I like the looks, it appears pretty modern chateau-esque to me. Shame that the overhangs of the roof are clipping each other on some corners.

And contradictory to what I said before, I gave this home a dash of color and some golden details. It's been sitting in my game for a while and the colorscheme has changed various times over the last week, but I think I'm happy with this. I'll be tweaking it every now and then, I still have to finish a home for Heaven, too.
Screenshots

#1062 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 6:35 PM Last edited by cutsocks : 2nd Jan 2018 at 7:26 PM. Reason: more talking to johnny. and an epiphany.
Johnny_Bravo: I can't really say that my interests ever really fade, they just seem to get distracted by other interests... However, yes, motivation to translate architectural interest into the Sims waxes and wanes all the time--usually determined by whether or not it's feasible within the mechanics of the game. Real-life obligations, unfortunately, call the shots over any meek pleadings interests/hobbies make.

Volvemon: For the most part I'm like it. The double gables remind me a bit of stave churches, and pagoda-ish curves is a nice touch of "exoticism" and it makes a very nice tent-like pavilion (with the turrets next to the cloistered quadrangle). Speaking of the quadrangle, I'm not liking how the roof interacts with the outside walls there, but then Sims 3 has the same problem. A few of the conical roofs feel a bit off, like a lid that wasn't put back on correctly. I've been meaning to reinstall 4 to play around with that addition, but haven't got around to it yet. I was always a bit torn on how I thought about roofs in 4. So different than 2 and 3 ( I found it tough to plan out like I do in 3), but I really liked how each piece could have a different texture and all the trim options.

Johnny_Bravo: Love the towers/turrets. And the extended part on the tops of a couple of the gables--that is such an excellent little thing to capture that makes a huge impact. Is there a "back" door? Like a door near the kitchen that you take groceries in through? You've got the front door, and two other doors off porches, but those two feel like doors you leave from to the outdoor areas (but only really enter through once you're down being outside).

Hrm. Maybe I didn't approach the black ceiling bug in the correct way. If you can't beat them, join them.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#1063 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
Johnny_Bravo: I can't really say that my interests ever really fade, they just seem to get distracted by other interests... However, yes, motivation to translate architectural interest into the Sims waxes and wanes all the time--usually determined by whether or not it's feasible within the mechanics of the game. Real-life obligations, unfortunately, call the shots over any meek pleadings interests/hobbies make.

True that. If my interest truly had faded I wouldn't even fire up my game anymore.

Quote:
Johnny_Bravo: Love the towers/turrets. And the extended part on the tops of a couple of the gables--that is such an excellent little thing to capture that makes a huge impact. Is there a "back" door? Like a door near the kitchen that you take groceries in through? You've got the front door, and two other doors off porches, but those two feel like doors you leave from to the outdoor areas (but only really enter through once you're down being outside).

Yes, the 'backdoor' is the at the split-staired fancy porch. It opens up to the hallway from where you can directly enter the kitchen, the study/office and the main hall with the stairs. And it lines up with the front door pretty neatly. Fᴜᴄᴋ ʏᴇᴀʜ, sʏᴍᴍᴇᴛʀʏ.

The floorplan is a tad strange, but my idea was to give the home a park-like garden, so there'll be a nice view from every room. The peering onto the fancy rear porch is actually a breakfast area. The dining room can be entered via the small porch on the side.

I'll post floorplans tomorrow.

#1064 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 1:21 PM
Floorplans
Screenshots

#1065 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 5:48 PM
That's a great plan! See, I was putting the kitchen over by the library, where the only ground-floor, counter-height windows are.
Alchemist
#1066 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 1:58 PM
The floorplan isn't exactly planned. It rather happened. The backstair for example, just happened to fit there perfectly.

#1067 Old 4th Jan 2018 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
Volvemon: For the most part I'm like it. The double gables remind me a bit of stave churches, and pagoda-ish curves is a nice touch of "exoticism" and it makes a very nice tent-like pavilion (with the turrets next to the cloistered quadrangle). Speaking of the quadrangle, I'm not liking how the roof interacts with the outside walls there, but then Sims 3 has the same problem. A few of the conical roofs feel a bit off, like a lid that wasn't put back on correctly. I've been meaning to reinstall 4 to play around with that addition, but haven't got around to it yet. I was always a bit torn on how I thought about roofs in 4. So different than 2 and 3 ( I found it tough to plan out like I do in 3), but I really liked how each piece could have a different texture and all the trim options.

Thank you. I'm glad you do. I'm not sure what else I could do if you didn't like it. About the quadrangles as you call them. I'm not sure I know what you mean, but the squares with double roofs on both angles could be a bit top heavy was my thought, but at the same time, just a normal tower roof, square or round, is so boring. I just thought this house needed a bit more. I placed them a bit out from the wall some places because it can be a challenge making them look right for each location.

Bravo: I know! It's so annoying, and even harder when I have more options, because then it's equally more options on not fitting. I have been working a lot on trying to fit round tower roofs into square gables and mansard, and I'm not really making these kinds of roofs normally.
I wanted to complement you on the roof on your highest tower as well. It looks really fashionable. I wonder if I can make something similar in ts4 without cfe.

The floorplan isn't exactly planned. It rather happened. The backstair for example, just happened to fit there perfectly.

Not everything can be planned, and sometimes the features done at a whim are the best. I like the way you fitted that internal staircase and got the bathroom for the master tucked in a corner by the main staircase. Good use of space.
Forum Resident
#1068 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 7:21 PM
The only problem of me tryimg to upload my chateaux is that i have to retype all that i wrote and i forget al that i did haha

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1069 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:25 PM
Hey Hey Where is everyone???
Whats new with you all???

C.T.HOLKO88
dodgy builder
#1070 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 2:39 PM
I have been working with farming the last few builds. What about this? I'm planning a farm (garden) kind of.

Screenshots
Scholar
#1071 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I have been working with farming the last few builds. What about this? I'm planning a farm (garden) kind of.

That exterior looks amazing, I can't wait to see what you do with the interior! And with your landscaping skills too it could very much be a dream house! :lovestruc
Have you considered using a white balustrade for along the top of the front projection/porch?
dodgy builder
#1072 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferguson Avenue
That exterior looks amazing, I can't wait to see what you do with the interior! And with your landscaping skills too it could very much be a dream house! :lovestruc
Have you considered using a white balustrade for along the top of the front projection/porch?

Thank you I'm trying to hide roofs sticking out all over the place. Hiding overlapping roofs with edges or what it's called is also a bit of a challenge. I then have to make all white or no white. This way I'm using the color of the roof to hide even more silly troublemakers.

... but yes, I'm using some white on the friezes, as they seem to be quite ok with some a bit of both colors.
Forum Resident
#1073 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom

The House looks amazing! wonderful details. Cannot wait to the see the progress!

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#1074 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:19 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 14th Feb 2018 at 11:35 PM.
Even though I bought The Sims 3 a few months ago (yes, I'm posting this in early 2018), I still haven't installed it. Real-life and all, and general laziness.
Regardless of how I progress with Sims 3, I still see myself making houses for Sims 2 as well. I'm just so familiar with the ins-and-outs of building for that game, and feeling some dread about learning things all over again for Sims 3.
In the meantime, here are pics of a few Sims 2 houses I've made over the past couple of years or so. I keep the use of custom content to a minimum, typically no more than 3 or 4 items, only build items and only those that tend to have the most dramatic aesthetic impact.
These houses are finished for the most part, with perhaps some of them still requiring some yard work.

This first one is called EuroHouse#01, built in the style of typical contemporary houses a person might see in Europe.
First Floor - Kitchen, dining, living, half bath
Second Floor - 2 large bedrooms, 1 full bath
Basement - large lounge, 2 rooms, full bath
Yard - pool, lawn, garden
Parking for 2 vehicles

This next one I call MinecraftHouse#01#02, which is hopefully the start of a series of houses based upon online pictures of houses from the game Minecraft, of which there are many. This is a large house, with four large bedrooms upstairs a large living room downstairs, along with the usual kitchen, dining, half-bath and a den. Pool and lawn in the back yard, and barbecue area with 6-seat table in the enclosed front yard.
Theorist
#1075 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:54 AM
For my next trick, I present something actually quite conventional for me, a good-sized ranch-style house.
Everything's on one floor, of course, with a large living room with fireplace, kitchen with 6-seat dining area, 3 large bedrooms and 2 full baths. Not sure what to put in the back yard.

This next one is called Townhouse#01, meant to be placed in an urban setting.
It has 4 floors, with a large basement which opens onto a sunken back yard. The basement has a large pool, sauna, gym, shower and half-bath. The upper floors have 3 bedrooms, including a master suite. The top floor is a small penthouse den. All floors have terraces.
The hardest part about this house was putting the stairs in locations that didn't result in screwing up the space of the rooms, and I'm not entirely happy with the location of the stairs into the basement, so I will re-visit this.
It started out as an attempt to mimic the shape of stacked cubes, as shown in the pic.

Page 43 of 98