Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 2:49 AM
Default Brewing tea and coffee faster
Hi everyone!

I'm trying to create a mod which let to brew tea and coffee faster. But i can't understand one thing. I changed four resourses by using S4S: brew_waitfor_pot, brew_waitfor_pot_tea, brew_waitfor_single, brew_wairfor_single_tea. I changed strings max_time and min_time but only waiting time changed in the game. Brewing time doesn't change. Maybe am I missing something? Maybe is there one more resourse needing to change? Just only these four files contains min_time and max_time strings from all i could find.

I hope anyone helps me figure it out.
And I hope i chose the right forum for this thread.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Waiting for pot tea or coffee.zip (4.0 KB, 14 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 2:52 AM Last edited by Lodakai : 16th Aug 2016 at 3:02 AM.
Well.. I can't say that I have an answer for you..
but you can maybe try to fiddle with the numbers in

<I c="CommodityBasedObjectStateValue" i="object_state" m="objects.components.state" n="Brewing_Pot_Start" s="27536">
<I c="CommodityBasedObjectStateValue" i="object_state" m="objects.components.state" n="Brewing_Pot_Middle" s="27537">
<I c="CommodityBasedObjectStateValue" i="object_state" m="objects.components.state" n="Brewing_Pot_End" s="27538">

Those seem to be where the crafting portion of the xml's for brewing lead to.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 2:58 AM Last edited by Galaxy777 : 16th Aug 2016 at 3:11 AM.
Thank you very much for answer! But I'm not shure that I know how I can do it.
I'm just starting to create mods for The Sims 4. It's one of the first mods.

I get it what you mean. I saw this strings and thought about numbers. But i don't know what it means and how to change it right.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:08 AM
Since you are using S4Studio.. try extracting the XMLs

Brewing_Pot_Start
Brewing_Pot_Middle
Brewing_Pot_End

On lines 20 and 21
Try changing the Lower bound and upper bound numbers on

Brewing_Pot_Start
<T n="lower_bound">6</T>
<T n="upper_bound">10</T>

Brewing_Pot_Middle
<T n="lower_bound">3</T>
<T n="upper_bound">6</T>

Brewing_Pot_End
<T n="lower_bound">1</T>
<T n="upper_bound">3</T>

** ETA: What i did here is simply divide all the numbers existing by 10 assuming that it is receiving a return value to check the state of the coffee brewing.
IF I am correct, then reducing the values to 10% of the listed values should increase the brewing speed by a factor of 10.

Test it in game on the coffeemaker and see if it speeds up the brewing process by 10x
If not.. my theory is wrong.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:13 AM
Oh... thank you! I get it! Ok. I'll try to change it right now.

And what about brewing_pot_uninitialized file? What does it mean?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:22 AM
To be honest... there are people here who understand all the values well.
I am not one of them.
I try to use trial and error in the mods I make and logistical guesswork.
My GUESS would be that it's the brewing state when there is no coffee and the crafting is complete.

I should note one thing. Try to keep track of the values you change and by how much. For example, in this case we are changing values to 10x faster.
It will be important to convey this to the end user when you submit the mod. They will want to know roughly how much faster you have tuned the process to work.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Aug 2016 at 3:53 AM Last edited by Galaxy777 : 16th Aug 2016 at 4:49 AM.
Ok. I'll keep it in mind.
I checked out your guess. It works. But it's so fast now. Now my sim brews coffee and tea for one minute! But most importantly, it works.. :-)

I changed values of numbers in half and now coffee or tea is brewed two times faster. It's exactly what i wanted. Thank you again.