Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#26 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 4:19 AM
You can still jump into her arms if you like, your sim just has to choose to meet her, at her hobby lot. It only stops them walking into your house.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 1:46 AM Last edited by Pizzatron-9000 : 31st Jul 2014 at 2:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Hobby instructors will show up a short time after your Sim reaches Level 5 enthusiasm in their specialized hobby. That's why, after my Sim's all hot and sweaty from being on the treadmill, I have him take a long shower - enough time for the hobby instructor to watch him get out of the shower naked. I'd zap the instructor with the teleporter cat if it didn't mean my Sim wouldn't get their hobby club membership card.

As I just learned last night, hobby instructors can't visit vacation lots. So if your Sim gains enough enthusiasm in a hobby while on vacation, the hobby instructor won't accost that Sim until he/she comes home from vacation. And that can lead to an awkward situation if your Sim steps out of the shuttle and heads right for the toilet or the shower....

I kid you not, the little boy in my witchy family maxed Cuisine and racked up five points or more in both Science and Tinkering, just from studying skills and doing various activities while spending a week at his family's vacation home in the mountains. It was like a conga line with three hobby instructors lining up at his bed right after he had just nodded off. They could have at least tucked him in, daggit.

So I guess that hobby instructors don't always come right away as soon as your Sims rack up the necessary levels of enthusiasm, given certain circumstances.

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is leap into arms not a romantic interaction or is your sim dating her?

It's a romantic interaction, all right. Viviana may or may not have dated Demi in recent history. Viviana may or may not also play for both teams, because when you're a Romance Sim looking to fulfill a cumbersome "Have 20/30/a million-billion simultaneous lovers" Want, why limit your options to one sex?

(And yes, my Romancey men agree with that philosophy. There's something hot about man-to-man WooHoo, as long as both guys are reasonably attractive with good hair, no pot bellies and no large mouths. I'm still looking to get Don Lothario in the sack with one of my lustful dudes, but he keeps defying me so far. I suspect the Calientes' hands in this. :lovestruc )

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Plus, she seriously needs to wear an apron. She'll get clay all over that beautiful dress.

Oh, she doesn't need an apron. She has mad pottery skills!
Page 2 of 2