Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6501 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Personally the Seasons pack would definitely add realism to my garden, because the status of my garden is permanently in the middle of summer.

In any case, this seasons pack is one highly anticipated one, alongside the pets ones. In fact, since TS2, seasons are usually anticipated.

I just hope a penguin waddles round my neighborhood during a snowy winter day like in TS2.

What makes you certain there will be a penguin? Not like they have ever excluded an important npc such as that one from the trailer If that were something to look forward in a pack. Sure you can hope for it, but looking from this particular retrospective you, or at least I, would think they would showcase or somehow subtly hint there's an existence of such creature. Although I do wish to be wrong.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#6502 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:30 AM
I'm excited.

Buuuut, no one mentioned that god-awful leaf pile? It looks like a solid glob of concrete.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Scholar
#6503 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I would personally at least to have a balance of two, which isn't too much too ask. Having too much new content while omitting classical ones is a bad take, but vice versa also applies. However, this things can't work out and live to that expectation when EA is too stubborn to stop following the mentality of "Yes I can, but shall not", because it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to save and spend carefully their low budget to even the plain field with equal number of cards for stacks of decks.

Agree. While recreating an activity from a previous version, they can improve upon it and add new elements to it. It's just ridiculous seeing people whining "What? Iceskating? We all ready had that!" and in the next breath "WHERE IS MY SWIMMING IN THE OCEAN!!" (Which is something *I* really want).

Does anyone remember the surfing station from TS3? It was by the way from the Sims STORE, not from a pack. (It costs 360 Sim points but the minimum you can buy is 1000 for 10$) It was pretty cool, except that it required you to actually place a station out in the water. It was cool and fun. Occasionally they'd get attacked by a seal. Now lets pretend they brought back surfing for TS4. Instead of using a fixed station, sims could surf real waves and have encounters with dolphins. That's an improvement on an element from a previous game.
Theorist
#6504 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:36 AM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 25th May 2018 at 1:35 AM. Reason: typo
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison

I'm glad to see so many people happy in the community right now and I hate it that there are always folks that just have to try and ruin that. I normally wouldn't dare put that in writing, but sometimes the things I read (especially here) just seriously irritate the crap out of me.

Eh, okay. Speaking for the trailer itself, I think they did a good job with this one actually. There is no PR speak or no attempts to try to force any particular feature down anybodies throat. It is very reminiscent of Season trailers from TS2 and TS3 which isn't a bad thing. Even the music in this trailer is much different in a good way from all of their previous trailers.

Sorry if this somehow resembles hate speech. I am willing to give the team praise when they do a good job with something. The past going on 4 years have been a nightmare. I didn't cause all the problems, they did.
Mad Poster
#6505 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What makes you certain there will be a penguin? Not like they have ever excluded an important npc such as that one from the trailer If that were something to look forward in a pack. Sure you can hope for it, but looking from this particular retrospective you, or at least I, would think they would showcase or somehow subtly hint there's an existence of such creature. Although I do wish to be wrong.

Penguin...penguin...penguin...hey, I can dream, can't I?

I find animal NPCs captivating. I even saw a wolf with glowing eyes once in TS2. Hell, even Claire the Bear in TS1 was great for a laugh. The pink bow gets me every time. It looked like an escaped circus bear in its movement, for lack of a better comparison in NPC behavior.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#6506 Old 25th May 2018 at 1:59 AM Last edited by grindingteeth : 25th May 2018 at 2:12 AM.
Sorry if this comes off as overly positive, but I am really happy with this and can't wait to have it. Could there be more? Always - there can always be more (no matter what game version we're talking about here), are there things I miss? Yes.
BUT, this is EXACTLY what the Sims 4 needed. Just some good old, realistic, down to earth but still Simish... well... LIFE.
This whole pack looks to me like it breathes life into the very cardboard, time untouched, non-progressive game we were given. Yes, at its heart of hearts it's still 'The Sims 4' - but hell, to me they just gave it a spine. Some joy and wonder - some 'possibilities' that are not just put on the backs of modders to try and simulate.

It also throws all my (and our?) bitching about how seasons would be relegated to one world or segmented into 'vacation' worlds right back in my face, and I couldn't be happier.
Right now, I am happy and excited. I stopped playing for a while and this looks like genuine hope. Just what's seen is guaranteed enough depth to cover my feet and everything else is just extra good, and anything missing is 'meh'.

If there's no world, I wouldn't be disappointed either - means they put the focus on the content and animations (hopefully).
Instructor
#6507 Old 25th May 2018 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Okay. I need them not to ruin this in any way, shape or form like they did on literally the same day Cats and Dogs was announced. Because, so far, this is expansion looks fucking perfect

Right?! Season is one of my favorite packs and it's almost got me damn tempted to buy this when it comes out. But I'm being smart. I'm going to analyze the fuck out of this before I put my money where my mouth is.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6508 Old 25th May 2018 at 2:31 AM
What!? A fairly normal looking expansion pack with actual activities and game mechanics that appear to pair well with additional features from other packs and there’s still for all ages?

What is this mess?
Where’s the catch?

The only major flaw I see is no snow accumulation but I figured that would be the case. There being now word is passable as there appears to be a lot to actually do and engage with.

Creating holidays could be interesting.

A potential problem I see is greenhouses not behaving as such. Does gardening work indoors?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#6509 Old 25th May 2018 at 2:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Enjoji
So.... Seasons for TS4 is finally here. Okay....

To be fair, the trailer looks good. It looks promising. It looks like it might even get me interested to try (for the hundreth time!) to get back into the TS4 game I have, and find something fun to do/play around with. I'll even go so far as to say the bunny costume is kinda cute (that gnome, though, is nightmare fuel!)

However, I will reserve further judgement until actual gameplay is shown, and LGR lets us know his thoughts, before I get any money ready to purchase this thing; so far, I've managed to stay away from buying anything else with TS4 on it since Cats & Dogs, and if this particular expansion turns out to be a dud too, then no monies from me...

It's a waiting game until then....

I'm with you

I actually used to be caught up in the excitement and though I love seasons and got excited by the trailer I paused myself and reminded myself of everything that has happened before and after the hype. I'm sitting back and watching on this one and really going to get information before I make a decision. It's sad that this would be the deal breaker for me but I'm not going to fall for the shimmer and shine again. I'm going wait to watch playthrough from the as well as LGRs review.
I went back in my game today ( haven't played in over a month) after reading the patch notes and found major things in GTW still not fixed. After playing 2 and 3 I've come to miss the way the sims interact and I'm sitting here looking at 4 shaking my head and ready to shut it down again. It's graphics are charming and bright but I really have the urge to put MC comand center back in along with Polarbearsims mods because it's all so bland.
Instructor
#6510 Old 25th May 2018 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
What!? A fairly normal looking expansion pack with actual activities and game mechanics that appear to pair well with additional features from other packs and there’s still for all ages?

What is this mess?
Where’s the catch?

The only major flaw I see is no snow accumulation but I figured that would be the case. There being now word is passable as there appears to be a lot to actually do and engage with.

Creating holidays could be interesting.

A potential problem I see is greenhouses not behaving as such. Does gardening work indoors?

Actually it does. I remember a long time ago I had a few indoor plants in the garden boxes and pots that grew normally.
Top Secret Researcher
#6511 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Release Date: June 22nd

Ooooh, they went back to using Simlish song rather than English. Cats & Dogs used English version of the song.
Top Secret Researcher
#6512 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:39 AM
It no doubt will have many features that are halfassed, borked or bland, and players will complain about it, and I will mentally agree to it, but overall I'm just happy we'll get seasons. Better something that nothing. I'll enjoy what little I can.
Field Researcher
#6513 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:49 AM
Well.. this trailer for Seasons looks very well Edited.....like some of the other trailers we have seen that made GPs and EPs look better than what they were (specifically City Living) I'm just gonna sit back and wait until it launches and we've had a chance to see some reviews of what the actual game play is like. I'm sure there will be a fair amount of recolors and recycled content as always. I'm hoping that those who have been looking forward to this actually get a great EP. I'm just saying with EAs track record....I'm not expecting a lot of anything new. More chairs and pet clothing I'm sure.
Top Secret Researcher
#6514 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:52 AM
"more chairs" I can't wait LGR to list all the new chairs
Top Secret Researcher
#6515 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
When I think back to Sims 2 I recall that heaters came with seasons. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't fans come until Apartments? There was also never any AC unit. I had a CC for that. It both cooled and warmed. Someone also mentioned that rain came before Seasons in Sims 2. I do agree with you though.

I *think* radiators came with Apartment Life?

Rain came in Seasons in Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#6516 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:20 AM
Swings at last... The trailer looks quite decent.
Forum Resident
#6517 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Penguin...penguin...penguin...hey, I can dream, can't I?

I find animal NPCs captivating. I even saw a wolf with glowing eyes once in TS2. Hell, even Claire the Bear in TS1 was great for a laugh. The pink bow gets me every time. It looked like an escaped circus bear in its movement, for lack of a better comparison in NPC behavior.

Werewolves were great. TS2 had the most love to detail of all sims games. I really like TS4 but it sadly often gives me the impression that the developers think like "eh, that's just something small, people won't notice if we don't put a lot of work and resources in it.". Yes, people do, because the overall atmosphere of the game looses a lot of charm.
But whatever. I'll get seasons because I need it in the game and EA knows this. I just hope they'll give me something sweet to swallow the bitter pill of always having to pay 40 euro for weather in a life simulator. They did with both TS2 and 3 so far, so I'm midly excited. But I'm already over speculating, because I know how the gameplay added with weather feels if that makes sense. I'm already like "ok, seasons, check, what's the next EP going to be?"
Lab Assistant
#6518 Old 25th May 2018 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
I wouldn't get too excited about the holiday aspect, EA will probably find a way to PC-fy the crap out of them.

Definitely agreed to this. I remember when I got TS3 holidays, finally, and what did I get? Spooky day. Just say halloween goddamn! TS2 we had haunaka and qwanza (sorry I know this is not the spelling cba)
Test Subject
#6519 Old 25th May 2018 at 6:05 AM
Just saw the trailer. It look pretty and I want to love it, but will my excitement until the pack is here. I'm at a point where I don't trust EA not to screw up even the most basic thing.
Field Researcher
#6520 Old 25th May 2018 at 6:39 AM
The trailer looks good.

But what is the catch? There always is one. It's EA after all.
Mad Poster
#6521 Old 25th May 2018 at 6:48 AM
No new world may prevent me from getting this. We should not have to bulldoze lots or move them out of the game to use the features of a new EP.
Top Secret Researcher
#6522 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:04 AM
New world is absolutely necessary to get in sims 4 series when ever possible, particularly with EPs. Wouldn't be like that if they had given us world making tools to begin with.
Field Researcher
#6523 Old 25th May 2018 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Agree. While recreating an activity from a previous version, they can improve upon it and add new elements to it. It's just ridiculous seeing people whining "What? Iceskating? We all ready had that!" and in the next breath "WHERE IS MY SWIMMING IN THE OCEAN!!" (Which is something *I* really want).

Does anyone remember the surfing station from TS3? It was by the way from the Sims STORE, not from a pack. (It costs 360 Sim points but the minimum you can buy is 1000 for 10$) It was pretty cool, except that it required you to actually place a station out in the water. It was cool and fun. Occasionally they'd get attacked by a seal. Now lets pretend they brought back surfing for TS4. Instead of using a fixed station, sims could surf real waves and have encounters with dolphins. That's an improvement on an element from a previous game.

This I can agree with, absolutely. Improvement of certain features that just fit with a theme and provide fun are great.
Field Researcher
#6524 Old 25th May 2018 at 9:04 AM
Oh my, the YouTube comments on the trailer are hilarious and so sad. I read one that was literally "EA is not greedy, the fans are. It's called projection, the fans are projecting their greedy mindset onto EA" ...ah yes.. I remember when The Consumerist branded EA fans the "Worst Fans in America" for 2 years in a row, truly tragic. Let me remind everyone that EA is not your friend, that company has been branded the "The Worst Company in America" by multiple publications for a reason, one step in the right direction does not negate all that they have done. You know, I was dragging Rachel Franklin for leaving EAxis and The Sims to work elsewhere years ago, but in hindsight, she made a good decision.

Public Service Announcement: Don't be a plebeian and go posting mindless shit like "EA I'm sorry I doubted you, take my money" once they (EA) have made one right decision after a mass grave full of mistakes.

As for this expansion pack, it seems good but don't forget TS4 has a habit of having its trailers edited in a way that they show more depth than there is in the actual game. Speaking of depth, how about that flat snow. Ugh, that is my only problem right now... that and those stupid new fursuits. Damn furry developers...
Instructor
#6525 Old 25th May 2018 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
Oh my, the YouTube comments on the trailer are hilarious and so sad. I read one that was literally "EA is not greedy, the fans are. It's called projection, the fans are projecting their greedy mindset onto EA" ...ah yes.. I remember when The Consumerist branded EA fans the "Worst Fans in America" for 2 years in a row, truly tragic. Let me remind everyone that EA is not your friend, that company has been branded the "The Worst Company in America" by multiple publications for a reason, one step in the right direction does not negate all that they have done. You know, I was dragging Rachel Franklin for leaving EAxis and The Sims to work elsewhere years ago, but in hindsight, she made a good decision.

Public Service Announcement: Don't be a plebeian and go posting mindless shit like "EA I'm sorry I doubted you, take my money" once they (EA) have made one right decision after a mass grave full of mistakes.

As for this expansion pack, it seems good but don't forget TS4 has a habit of having its trailers edited in a way that they show more depth than there is in the actual game. Speaking of depth, how about that flat snow. Ugh, that is my only problem right now... that and those stupid new fursuits. Damn furry developers...
👏👏👏👏 this!!
Locked thread
Page 261 of 447