Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 12:45 AM
Default Windows 10 & Sims Medieval????
Does anyone know if they are compatible? I saw a video today where Sims 2, 3, & 4 worked fine with Windows 10 but I still play Medieval a lot & would hate to have to give it up! Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 7:09 PM
My heart skipped a beat when I read your comment. I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple days ago. However, it opens and runs fine. The only problem is that it doesn't fit the screen right anymore. I adjusted my screen size settings to the largest one. It still looks a bit long. Doesn't bother me that much.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 11:30 PM
Thank you! I was so worried that I would eventually have to give up my Medieval. So, your mods work okay too? I'm kind of excited to upgrade now!
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 7:34 AM
I´m playing it on Windows 10. It goes perfect withouth any problem at all.
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 7:05 PM
Does anyone know if TSM on windows 10 works with mods installed?. Sorry if that's what you meant Pegasio, it just isn't clear if you were replying to MamaLambNC's 1st or 2nd question? And I'm a bit nervous to upgrade if it's going to be like the windows 8 mod problem.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:47 PM Last edited by foxwolfmoon : 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:48 AM.
I, meanwhile, have not been having any luck playing my sims medieval. I've tried all sorts of compatibility fixes and I'm just not getting it to work!

I get the launcher up and press play, but then nothing actually comes up. I can see it in my task manager acting like it's working, but nothing appears on my taskbar and nothing comes up on the screen.

Edit: Just saw on the EA forums that people are having trouble if they use the disc to install. Going to try downloading and installing through Origin as recommended.

Edit 2: Sims Medieval and the Nobles and Pirates expansion are now working after being installed through Origin! Simply make sure you register your CD code through Origin if you hadn't already and then download and install both games through the Origin program.

I have never used Mods with TSM (Only had them on TS3 and TS4), but I am attempting them now. I will come back with my results.

Edit 3: I just installed my very first TSM Mods and they work perfectly! So for those asking, yes, TSM works with Windows 10 /if/ downloaded through Origin and the mods work as well. Tadaaa! After much sleuthing, I feel accomplished!
Scholar
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 10:36 PM
I'd love to hear if that fixes your problem. I've put off installing Windows 10 as well.
Test Subject
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:49 AM
After some investigation Sims Medieval and the Nobles and Pirates expansion are now working after being installed through Origin! Simply make sure you register your CD code through Origin if you hadn't already and then download and install both games through the Origin program.

I just installed my very first TSM Mods and they work perfectly! So for those asking, yes, TSM works with Windows 10 /if/ downloaded through Origin and the mods work as well. Tadaaa! After much sleuthing, I feel accomplished!
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:21 AM
Thank you for your reply and for the information. I'm glad you got it working
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 11:49 AM
It works fine on mine pc and i have windows 10 on mine.

Forum Resident
#11 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 5:28 PM
I'm still debating the upgrade. I need to be able to play Sims 3 and Sims Medieval.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 4:08 AM
I'm glad that the issue can be fixed by installing it through origin, but that kinda makes me mad because I can't simply use my disc to play the game. :/ Pick and choose, I suppose. Good to know it's an easy fix!

xoxo.R