3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#6326 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:09 PM
It's so jarring to go back to a vanilla game after months of defaults and mods. But it has to be done; I want to try and make a downloadable 'hood.

Still...without my defaults, it all looks so flat...but no. I have to know what other people would see!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#6327 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 1:20 PM
I just love The Sims 2. I've played it since I was little, and I still enjoy it 100%. I also love making stuff in Body Shop, and the next step for me is to learn how to do meshes. I'll get there someday!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6328 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:24 PM
I see my favourite bulbasaur has a new name! Congratulations and Happy Simming!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Inventor
#6329 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:57 PM
One thing I'm envious, and relieved, about in the Sims is that sims don't have to go to the dentist, or just to the doctor. I'm getting my wisdom teeth out 2 weeks from now and I never wanted to become a sim more so than right now .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6330 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:26 PM
I know you are anxious about it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#6331 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I know you are anxious about it.

Lemme tell you, I had a dream about my teeth last night so yeah I'm pretty nervous . I'm just passing the time reading some sim stories and planning my own, and reading on how to use poseboxes too, so I'm keeping myself busy to take my mind off it. But if I come on here posting random comments that don't make any sense, just know that I'll be spaced out with heavy painkillers for the next two weeks after. Hopefully that won't happen but yeah .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6332 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:47 PM
We're used to it. Our beloved Bulbizzare used to post in her sleep. it was entertaining.

Unless your surgery is especially complicated, I don't think you'll have to use the painkillers that long. A couple of days and you should be able to transition into something OTC.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Inventor
#6333 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:53 PM
We're used to it. Our beloved Bulbizzare used to post in her sleep. it was entertaining.

Unless your surgery is especially complicated, I don't think you'll have to use the painkillers that long. A couple of days and you should be able to transition into something OTC.

I've seen a little bit of that . But luckily my dentist said they're not impacted (besides one of them being sideways) so it's gonna be a relatively easy procedure. But I'm eager to get them out so that I can my favorite foods again, it's been so long since I ate chocolate I'm daydreaming about enjoying some again :D

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6334 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:03 PM
My sweet DIL-in training just had the last one of hers removed. She couldn't afford it, so she had to have them done one at a time. She'd waited too long with this one and the surgery ended up being more complicated and affecting the gums around the surgical site. You're wise to have it done now.

The thing about pain medication is people tend to think of it like it's an antibiotic. They're given a bottle full and believe they should take them all. That's a mistake. Use your best judgment, but step down to OTC as soon as you can without letting yourself hurt.

(Sorry, I used to teach in drug rehabs. Old habits die hard. I'll be handing out tests to all of you before you know it. :3)

Inventor
#6335 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:06 PM
My sweet DIL-in training just had the last one of hers removed. She couldn't afford it, so she had to have them done one at a time. She'd waited too long with this one and the surgery ended up being more complicated and affecting the gums around the surgical site. You're wise to have it done now.

The thing about pain medication is people tend to think of it like it's an antibiotic. They're given a bottle full and believe they should take them all. That's a mistake. Use your best judgment, but step down to OTC as soon as you can without letting yourself hurt.

(Sorry, I used to teach in drug rehabs. Old habits die hard. I'll be handing out tests to all of you before you know it. :3)

Oh man I hope she's okay. The thing about mine is that all three came in at the same time when I was 17, so I'm pretty sure my dentist is gonna remove the bottom 2 because the last one hasn't really grown in yet, it's coming in slower than the others. And we talked about OTC, the dentist said for me to take 4 to 6 Advil and Tylenol for the next week, but my mom is here with me so we're gonna figure how much for me to take. Sims should be grateful they don't have to do this lol.

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6336 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 4:46 PM
Glad you have some help. It's good to have moms. :3

Mad Poster
#6337 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 5:08 PM
@Primavera - one thing I am sure about: in the end you will not regret it! Mine was removed when I was 23 - I can't remember the pain, but I never had problems eating again
Good luck to your DIL-in training, @smorbie1. My own daughter is doing just that, but for different reasons - nothing knocks her out for long enough to do more than one at a time.
Inventor
#6338 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
@Primavera - one thing I am sure about: in the end you will not regret it! Mine was removed when I was 23 - I can't remember the pain, but I never had problems eating again

I definitely won't regret this, so I'm looking forward to this. Only thing I'm not happy about is my sister recording me after the procedure, like those videos you see of those teenagers after their extractions .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6339 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 7:48 PM
I got my wisdom teeth out when I was in high school and it was FUN! They used laughing gas. I remember that the chair took off and circled the room a couple of times before flying out the window with me. WHEEEE!!! And then I must have passed out. I have a vague memory of giggling like an idiot all the way home. (Mom drove me to and from the dentist's office.)

I hope your experience is a good one.
Inventor
#6340 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 8:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
I got my wisdom teeth out when I was in high school and it was FUN! They used laughing gas. I remember that the chair took off and circled the room a couple of times before flying out the window with me. WHEEEE!!! And then I must have passed out. I have a vague memory of giggling like an idiot all the way home. (Mom drove me to and from the dentist's office.)

I hope your experience is a good one.

Oh my god . With me my dentist is gonna use laughing gas and an I.V., so I don't know what I'm gonna experience

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Top Secret Researcher
#6341 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:14 PM
I had two wisdom teeth out - one when I was younger (the others hadn't come through yet) and one of an enormous one that had grown up into the gap left by the absent top one. Both extractions were straightforward and I don't recall needing any painkillers - perhaps for one day and it was just panadeine. You'll be fine.
Inventor
#6342 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I had two wisdom teeth out - one when I was younger (the others hadn't come through yet) and one of an enormous one that had grown up into the gap left by the absent top one. Both extractions were straightforward and I don't recall needing any painkillers - perhaps for one day and it was just panadeine. You'll be fine.

Oh man that must've hurt (the tooth that was growing in before you got it out). I'm sure I'll be fine too, and talking about it helps the anxiety a lot .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6343 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:26 PM
Please could you all read this from mustluvcatz:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...000#post5403000

for those of you who don't have access to that forum, here's a summary:
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz May 2018
Did MLC really have a heart attack?
Yes, I really did - about a month ago and didn't know it at the time.
2 of my main arteries are completely blocked and one chamber of my heart is pretty much "dead".
Surgery isn't an option for me right now (it would be double bypass) so I have to wear a Life Vest for the next 3 months. It's an external defibulator (spelling) that will shock my heart if it happens to stop .
Anyway, just wanted to fill folks in as I know a lot know that something happened to me. I do plan on being around here and there but I also plan on "reinventing" myself. A new Maria calls for a new MLC, don't ya think?

Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz today
Just letting you know...
I had triple bypass surgery two days ago. I'm still in hospital but I am doing well!!

Please send good wishes and hugs to MLC if you've ever downloaded any of her wonderful CC, I'm sure she's love to hear from people. You could post here or in her download threads and tag her name, or perhaps send a PM.

I encouraged her to open a fundraiser to help with medical costs, so if you'd like to donate, here's the link:
https://www.gofundme.com/n4103w
I hope you don't mind me posting that here, but MLC has over 1 million downloads on this site, and she is certainly part of what makes MTS so great. :lovestruc
Scholar
#6344 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:36 PM
Primavera, I had one out at the age of 34 (last year) and they used a local anaesthetic only. Yes, I was on prophylactic amoxicillin and fully dosed on OTC painkillers afterwards, but that was it. However, I was glad I'd taken the rest of the week off work, as I was pretty swollen for a day or two, and moving the jaw was painful both to talk and to eat.

Best decision I made though, as the affected tooth had caused problems on and off for years! Thankfully, I escaped even temporary numbness so extremely pleased with the result. Hope yours goes well :lovestruc

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Inventor
#6345 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
Primavera, I had one out at the age of 34 (last year) and they used a local anaesthetic only. Yes, I was on prophylactic amoxicillin and fully dosed on OTC painkillers afterwards, but that was it. However, I was glad I'd taken the rest of the week off work, as I was pretty swollen for a day or two, and moving the jaw was painful both to talk and to eat.

Best decision I made though, as the affected tooth had caused problems on and off for years! Thankfully, I escaped even temporary numbness so extremely pleased with the result. Hope yours goes well :lovestruc

To be honest, I'm not looking forward to the swelling , but I'll be glad I did this ASAP instead of waiting any longer. I don't wanna clutter up the thread so I'll end it here, thank you guys for sharing your experiences, I'll remember this when the day comes .

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#6346 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 10:02 PM
All my prayers go to MLC. I pray she continues to do well. We all need to remember her in our ways. Thanks for letting us know, Simsample.

Mad Poster
#6347 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 10:18 PM
All my wisdom teeth were extracted with just localized numbing. I'm also one of those unlucky people to have an extra set of wisdom teeth. Very nervewracking.

I hope mustluvcatz feels better soon.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#6348 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 6:21 AM
I still have all my wisdom teeth. Aside from my bottom-left needing a cavity filled due to it having a very tight chasm at the bottom (there was no way for any toothbrush bristles to get into that, not even an electric toothbrush), I've had no other problems with them. My braces before definitely helped give them enough room to erupt and not try to lean on my other teeth, thus no aches. I also adapted to brushing way in the back vigorously to keep them clean, which is especially important for the top teeth. When my sister was in hygiene school, she had fun trying to clean my wisdom teeth the couple times I was her patient, but it was nonetheless good practice. She's bound to encounter someone with both teeth and wisdom teeth in worse condition than mine.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Scholar
#6349 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 7:59 AM
I have less teeth than normal also known as Hypodontia (fewer than six teeth missing). 28 instead of 32 as the back set of molars never formed, only found out when the dentist asked if I'd had teeth pulled. I haven't and the x ray don on my mouth proved they aren't hidden under the gum either. Just a random fact. I'll be praying for the costs of MLC medical expences to be covered.
Mad Poster
#6350 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:06 PM
Best wishes to @mustluvcatz. Get well soon! Hugs!
Page 254 of 511