Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2018 at 5:11 AM
Default Can I Make a Step-Dad into a Biological Dad?
When I first got the game my female sim had 4 children, since then I deleted the father and had her marry another man and have more kids. The new dad was recognised as their stepdad on the family tree and it was all good until recently I aged up one of the stepdaughters. Now there are options for him to flirt and have a relationship with her which I find really weird and creepy. Previously the dad has cheated on the mum when I was playing with another family and I would really hate for him to cheat again with the stepdaughter he raised. Basically, what I want to know is is there any way to make the stepdad into the biological dad of those 4 children? Or at least a way to stop him from being able to have a relationship with them? It's putting me off playing the game tbh so any suggestion is gladly welcomed.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th May 2018 at 4:32 PM
do you have MCCC by deaderpool?

There are flags you can use for no random flirting, no affairs, no offspring - and the like. You can apply them to the step-dad if you are done with having kids, or maybe just don't want him fooling around. I don't have any other ideas, but I haven't had my morning covfefe yet...

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#Top

If you aren't familiar yet, please read the docs. It will help you understand the mod - the short of it, though, is that are three ways to activate it in-game - on your sim, your sim's computer, and your sim's mailbox. Each has a specific function, but you can explore that way...
Scholar
#3 Old 19th May 2018 at 4:56 PM
If the step daughter in still in the same household, than yes, you can change their relationship in the drop down menu in CAS. It'll be on the top left area somewhere around where you can select walkstyles. You might need to go into full edit mode. In the cheat console " cas.fulleditmode".

In fact, I just did that recently. I had a male sim recently marry a single mother. Since her son already looked like his step-dad, I just created a back story where the dad and mom had a random encounter that they both did not remember... (At least they didn't remember each other, but the encounter yes) which produced the son. Fate brought them together again. A DNA test to find the real father revealed that it was indeed the stepdad and now CAS made it legit.

As for chicvibe's suggestion, I think you can find 'no random flirting' under the Tuner menu, under stop random flirting. That's also a good option.