Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 6:00 AM Last edited by geekgirl101 : 29th Mar 2011 at 9:27 PM.
Default Trying to make a new wall texture, help?
I followed a tutorial on how to clone walls and edit them in GIMP, bla bla bla. The only thing is the wall texture I'm trying to make isn't like any of the ones already in the game, and although I made a good guess at how to produce it I got very close, only that the diamond border was colourable and appeared to be sharing the same colour/texture as the main wall.

So anyways, this is what I'm trying to accomplish, and this is what I got instead...

My want...

What I got instead.

I'm at my wits end here trying to figure out how to get this to work because no matter what I do to the Red-Yellow-Magenta file the border will share the same texture/colour as another part of the wall when I want it to remain untouched.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 5:46 PM Last edited by geekgirl101 : 29th Mar 2011 at 10:27 PM.
Something happened, but I think it was a fluke. I got the colours as I wanted them, but when I originally chose the wall it still had the diamond border sharing same properties as the upper moulding. Then suddenly it changed and went into a clean white/black diamond border, but the wall thumbnail still shows it sharing the same texture as the upper moulding. Any thoughts?

Also the default patterns it's using I'd like to try and change that to the ones I got above which are basically the shiny rubber for the solid colours and a sponged-on paint for the wall area, but it's using in default a dull rubber for the bottom moulding and dado, maple wood for the upper moulding, and a floral fabric for the wallpaper.

Why the hell is this so f-ing hard to do in the first place?

Edit: Does nobody know how to make wall textures that have more than 2 channels and aren't clones from TS2? :-/

Edit2: Ah screw this, had enough of Sims and their broken shit, hard to make CC, and lack of interest from the communities.