Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 4:26 PM
Default Could Sims 4 Blue UI Mod happen?

Blue Beta UI looked way better than the transparent one we got in the final version. Do you think there could be a mod to change the UI color?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 5:28 PM
Yes. The UI is made of nothing more than images and code that tells the game where to place these images. If one were to find the images in the games installation .package files and extract them, then they could be colour-altered and imported into a new package to be put in your downloads.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Scholar
#3 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:14 PM
It will a huge project too, the UI is split into millions of pieces just a jigsaw puzzle, it's designed to be bright and transparent, you could hunt down all the pieces and give it a slight green or Yellow tint, but a complete makeover will be time-conuming challenge and any future patch has the potential of breaking it
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:47 PM
I'd say have patience. If demand for this is high enough, they'll have a new "UI Packs" DLC category for The Sims 5. (only 4.99 USD)
In all seriousness though, that early blue UI does look really nice, it would be neat if a modder could recreate it. (a nice break from the white UI)
Scholar
#5 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 2:54 PM
I actually started getting quite tired of the blue, after the first 3 games used that color. But that blue scheme does look nice, easy on the eyes, and a good readable font.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 10:09 PM
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=607930

Funny! In the Sims 2 thread redesign the interface for the color gamut Sims 4, here redesign the interface for the color gamut Sims 2.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:54 PM
I guess it makes sence that if this UI recolor mod existed, it would be crashed with each next update because they change it so much frequently. I don't remember TS1,2 &3 havinh their UI's so changed unless there were new EP features, but it would be nice for the game developers to give us an option to change the ui to multiple colors, just to give the game more personalized feel.If We can change the size of UI with the one type in the Options.ini file, i don't see why there can't be a color Ui changer.
Test Subject
#8 Old 20th Jun 2023 at 1:46 AM
5 years later someone has finally made a blue ui mod! https://www.patreon.com/posts/blue-retro-mode-82701039