Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 9:50 PM Last edited by Mehrlicht : 26th Nov 2009 at 6:46 PM. Reason: Problem is solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Loading crash
New Update Thursday November 26th

Ancient post edited: Just to tell you that this problem is now totally solved: It was caused by the new Nvidia driver.
A big thank you to Uroboros07 who gave me the final explanation.

Until now: Everything was fine.Tonight a big problem : Loading crash.
I have followed all steps of the FAQ,ie deleted caches,moved the "Sims3" folder from 'My Documents' and the mods/packages folder from the Sims 3 root-directory to the desktop.If I try to launch the game,no matter if its with TS3.exe or with the launcher, it turns back to the desktop after a few seconds....Would be in despair....if there was not MTS...and you,our experts !

There are however two things that I have to report:
1) Earlier today I experienced a graphic glitch while playing with the design tool.I immediatly (and normally) closed the game without saving.Was not really worried.
2) Then decided to update the graphic driver for my NVIDIA Geforce GTX 280.Its automatic,I had not to find the driver myself.

Then could no more launch the game and feel sorry because I had not tried either before updating the driver...
Last thing that I did was reinstalling the previous driver....But without any success..

Hm...At that point need your help.Thanks in advance.Hugs.

Update Friday October 9th

Decided to update my post 'cause the problem is partially fixed,maybe really solved but not sure at this point.Need to test more in depth.Just want to share my experience with you.Don't know if it could help some of you.

After uninstalling and reinstalling (twice)...after many hours "working" with trial and error I was ready to cry and to give up...But wanted a last try and called the french EA technical support.A very friendly guy (!) was helpful.

He let me open the file "Options.ini" (in My Documents\Electronic Arts\etc) with notepad and repace "fullscreen=1" with "fullscreen=0".

Then I had to launch the game and it worked...in windowed mode.
Conclusion from "my" expert:It was probably a problem with my screen.

I didn't understand anything from what I had to do with this damned screen ( Samsung T222).But opened the control panel of my graphic card and lowered the settings of the screen resolution.Then could launch the game in full screen.... My native screen resolution is 1680x1050 but the default settings in the new installed game were lower.Decided to put them to 1680x1050 and after leaving the game did the same with the screen resolution.It worked !

Then have patched the game and reinstalled all CC .Now adding some hacks step by step.Until now it works fine....BUT since I did all this stuff with trial and error, without any real understanding, I am not sure if it will keep working.

Just one thing more: The error report in "My Documents\Electronic Arts\etc was:
[Exception info]
date: 2009-10-09
time: 15.45.33
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x101973e7
address: 0x101973e7 <unknown module>

Sorry for my explanations in this pathetic English.
Now need a break. Hugs.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 10:23 PM
I split off your thread because there's no reason to assume you have the same problem as the other poster. Please always make separate threads in Help, don't post in other people's.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 10:32 PM
I am sorry,I thought that it was the same problem.Otherwise I would not have allowed myself to post in the thread of another poster.