Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 7:43 PM Last edited by Wenhands : 18th Mar 2017 at 12:21 PM.
Default Frankenmesh morphs?
I've been working on my first ever frankenmesh-piece following the excellent tutorial of CmarNyc: http://modthesims.info/t/482467

Unfortunantly I can't seem to get the morphs right. All the morphs I create are exactly identical simple, which mean my fat, fit and thin morphs all look the same.
I use Milkshape 1.8.5 to make the meshes and then use Mesh Toolkit to generate the frankenmesh-morphs using the modified meshes (simgeon) I made in milkshape and the three morphs (blendgeom) from the original pieces. Is there anyone that can explain what has gone wrong?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 5:17 PM
That's odd? I'm not sure which mesh you've extracted or if it has 2 groups. Most base game CASparts seem to have 2 groups, which one group always seems to be one vertex. Which would make sense if that's the reason why it can't copy your blending data in meshtoolkit. So that would be the first thing I'd look at. I'd also make sure that you didnt' accidentally replaced the reference meshes with your own meshes, because else it won't be able to copy certain data that all morphs have and meshtoolkit uses to add morphs from your reference meshes to your meshes ^-^

You could also look at this tutorial: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...orphs_Made_Easy

It's been a while for me that I did morphs the way explained in Cmar's tutorial so I just listed a few main cases on why it might not work. But if it's none of main issues listed, I wouldn't mind taking a look at the download itself ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:25 PM
Both meshes only has one group each... So that shouldn't be the problem, And I'm absolutely sure I haven't replaced the reference-meshes with my own. Everything seems to be they ought to, nevertheless I'm still stuck with the same base mesh for the three different morphs. The tutorial you refer to seems to be built on the premises that you do not add nor delete vertices/faces whatever they're called.