Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#3751 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
No, EA is clearly too busy making expansions for expansions.

...The sad part is I can’t tell if this is a joke or not.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3752 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:52 PM
It's not.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#3753 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:54 PM
Oh, god.
Inventor
#3754 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Sketching : 7th Mar 2018 at 5:25 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
...The sad part is I can’t tell if this is a joke or not.

Spoiler since it's not related to the thread topic:
Mad Poster
#3755 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 7:49 PM
They're not making expansions for expansions. They're taking one potential expansion and chopping it into small pieces so they can suck money out of you for each little piece instead of just once for one larger expansion.
Theorist
#3756 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 9:11 PM
The constant bags of inheritance that get thrown around a reasonably sized neighbourhood when a generation passes away and suddenly half of your families have 20000 in cash

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#3757 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Spoiler since it's not related to the thread topic:

OMG that giant womrat costume. That poor womrat, being played with by someone wearing that. Talk about terrifying.
Inventor
#3758 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 6:14 AM Last edited by Sketching : 8th Mar 2018 at 6:30 AM. Reason: formatting
Mad Poster
#3759 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 6:33 AM

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#3760 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 7:48 AM
That bear is enough to put me off ever wanting Sims 4. Of course I don't have an Origin account, which makes it quite easy to resist.

The escalating levels of stuff pack-itis definitely makes me go "grrr" though, as it's the reason Mac users don't have anything beyond Bon Voyage. The contract for Mac conversion with Aspyr was for the base game and a certain number of EPs. Then Maxis/EA invented the stuff pack, and those counted towards the total. Then there was no interest in renewing it for the remaining packs and EPs because they were gearing up for Sims 3 and didn't want anything to distract from that, especially as they weren't using Aspyr for Sims 3 conversion.

I like to imagine an alternate universe where Aspyr skipped the Holiday, Family Fun and Glamour Life packs and we got FreeTime, Apartment Life and M&G instead.
Forum Resident
#3761 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 8:10 AM
when the door doesn't close in a 1x2 toilet room =))
Inventor
#3762 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 10:23 AM Last edited by Sketching : 8th Mar 2018 at 10:53 AM.
Alchemist
#3763 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 12:28 PM
It's got to be putting babies on the %$&*# floor. I will kiss the feet of the modder who finally puts a stop to that.
Mad Poster
#3764 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
when the door doesn't close in a 1x2 toilet room =))

I made a fix for that. It's not uploaded yet, but if you are willing to be a tester I could send it to you

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#3765 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
This thing's creepier than Freddy Fazbear.

That....is the face of death.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#3766 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I made a fix for that. It's not uploaded yet, but if you are willing to be a tester I could send it to you

yasssss let's go! no more peepshows!!
Mad Poster
#3767 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 10:33 PM
You've got a family in the Family Bin with §20,000 in funds looking for a house. You look round the neighbourhood and see the ideal house for them. It costs §20,206.

----------------ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo----------------

@gummilutt -- I too would like to test that fix for the doors on 1x2 toilets (provided it will work with my game configuration (EPs up to EP3 -- OFB).

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3768 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 10:45 PM
@AndrewGloria - that's when I use Inge's Mortgage Shrub. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...2_Mortgages.htm

Mad Poster
#3769 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 10:55 PM
You can also try depreciating the whole lot with the magic wand from MATY, and/or simply selling/replacing a few unnecessary/overpriced items.
Mad Poster
#3770 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
@gummilutt -- I too would like to test that fix for the doors on 1x2 toilets (provided it will work with my game configuration (EPs up to EP3 -- OFB).

Yeah my oprhanage Sims knows the feeling. They had a fundraiser so they could afford to replace the stalls with walled-stalls, so the kids could have a bit more privacy. They figured it might be nice to be able to do your business in private, both visibly and audibly, but unfortunately they forgot about the weird logic that sometimes governs their world. So rather than add audible privacy, it took away all privacy. But no more, thanks to the handy dandy close the door sign.

I believe it is compatible, so will send you a copy too.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3771 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 11:16 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 8th Mar 2018 at 11:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
. . .and/or simply selling/replacing a few unnecessary/overpriced items.
That's what I'm most likely to do, though the houses my Sims buy seldom have much overpriced in them. As likely as not, I'll have to sell something necessary, and they'll buy it again when they've earned a little money.

Or I might just use FamilyFunds, especially of it's a new family straight out of CAS. My CAS families tend to start off with however much money I want them to start with.
---------------------------------
P.S gummilutt, I've got your door jam mod. I'll let you know how I get on testing it. If it works ok in my main game, I can try it in AGS base game too. Thanks!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#3772 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
That's what I'm most likely to do, though the houses my Sims buy seldom have much overpriced in them. As likely as not, I'll have to sell something necessary, and they'll buy it again when they've earned a little money.

Sell the wall coverings and floors! Also, the only truly necessary items in a sim house are toilet, shower, and enough beds that everyone has a place to sleep. Everything else is optional!
Mad Poster
#3773 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Sell the wall coverings and floors! Also, the only truly necessary items in a sim house are toilet, shower, and enough beds that everyone has a place to sleep. Everything else is optional!

You might want a fridge too lol.
Mad Poster
#3774 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 2:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You might want a fridge too lol.

Oh damn, I forgot one! Fine, the fridge then. It's probably the only truly necessary item, as sims can technically live filthy and passing out on the floor, but without some source of food, they'll starve right to death!
Field Researcher
#3775 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 6:43 AM
But as long as you have no one younger than child, they get fed at school/work and can go to community lots to eat.
Page 151 of 274