Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 3:18 PM
Default Converting Underwear to Accessories
I'm trying to covert various underwear to accessories so it shows where possible on non-sleepwear outfits.

I've succeeded in making the clothing objects to accessories but I'm having a slight mesh and or texture issue.
I know clothing for the sims (and other games) replaces the body part and doesn't just overlay it, so I need to know how to remove the unnessasary 'body' from the mesh.

Would it be possible with TSR Workshop or s3pe/s3oc?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 5:05 PM
Just wondering, how exactly do you turn them into an accessory? Do you just change the CASP values in S3PE, or export the textures and reimport them on a cloned accessory in TSRW?
If you're working with TSRW I'd highly recommend using an older version of TSRW since the latest one will likely break your content ^-^: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 5:39 PM
I used TSRW to change the type to Accessory and the clothing type to left/right garter.
There's an option in TSRW which allows you to edit the verticies but it won't let me delete them (this was my first attempt to remove the unnessasary mesh).
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 8:15 PM
By the way, can you just turn any CAS item into an accessory? I've tried turning a top into an accessory with S3OC and both the mesh and the texture mapping are now messed up.
(So that's kind of a rhetorical question.)

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 9:22 PM
@Tanis Half-Elven - That option is very limited as it makes you move the vertices, not deleting them like you said The thing that you want to know is that when you change the category in TSRW- even with S3PE, the CASpart is still using the data used for normal clothing. Which means that you moved it to the accessory category but it doesn't make it a accessory yet. So what I would do in your case is export all the textures and call the files to their actual name (Like Multiplier, specular map, bump map, mask, etc). close the project and clone an accessory part like gloves (make sure they don't have a mesh or anything. You can always change it's category from gloves to rings, or something like that ^- ~ )

@grijzepillion: In theory yes, as long, as mentioned in the reply above this one, to clone a caspart instead of just changing the category as it will create weird uv mapping and top textures bleeding through your accessory's textures. ^-^