Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 10:08 PM
Default Getting Children to use adult interactions without "stretching up"
I'm able to make children do adult interactions, such as teach toddlers to walk, and talk, but I can't make it to where they do the interaction without stretching up into an adult size, and then stretching down when done. My first thought is that I should use smooth jazz to put 'adult,child' in the space where it normally says 'adult' the only problem was, it still didn't work, the child in question still stretched up. I need to know exactly how to make it so that children can do adult interactions without stretching up. If anyone knows, please don't hesitate to let me know, thanks so much,

Jon
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 11:24 PM
As far as I know, getting kids to do adult interaction without stretching currently isn't possible.

ChaosMage and Wes Howe have been taking apart the animation files to try to figure out how to add new animations; they have been discussing it over in this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=374387 Chaos believes that the reason children stretch when doing adult animations is due to the animation files containing a preset location for the bones required in the animation.
Alchemist
#3 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 12:41 AM
That is correct. The initial pose and each animation frame contain the joint positions. Child animations naturally have joint locations suitable for a child skeleton.

Actually, they are parent-relative position/rotation value pairs, but that has the same result. I'll be posting more about this in the not too distant future.

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Test Subject
#4 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 1:59 AM
hello... do you know a mod where its also okay to stretch? i appreciate the no stretch... but lately, i am torturing someone, i mean, i want them to become a slave... oh gee... i mean, is there a way they can do adult interaction? because its tiring to edit them out in cas everytime... happy by the glitches whenever they stretch by the way. anyway, thanks..
Scholar
#5 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 12:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newtyone
hello... do you know a mod where its also okay to stretch? i appreciate the no stretch... but lately, i am torturing someone, i mean, i want them to become a slave... oh gee... i mean, is there a way they can do adult interaction? because its tiring to edit them out in cas everytime... happy by the glitches whenever they stretch by the way. anyway, thanks..

Quite an old post you're responding to isn't it? Anyway these are possible now. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579548 this mod does that. If you want one with stretch than all you have to do is include children for a particular animation and not create a special children animation than they'll stretch automatically when you do so.