Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 3:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Pets, Supernatural
Default You must select a Base Camp
I purchased a lot in France, my sims traveled there, and went directly to their house. Vacation is for 18 days, so before the vac was up I saved and quit (to go back to my normal life). When I return to the game (which loads in France) I am in what looks like "Edit Town" my sim house is green, as it should be, but when I click on it it my sims, or the house are not selectable. If I click "Return to Game" at the top of the screen I get this message: "There is no Base Camp. You must select a base camp before returning to the game". I can't figure out what to do. Has this happened to anyone else? I have no hacks or weird CC. Please help.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 3:39 AM
I'm answering my own question for anyone who runs into this problem again. I finally figured it out. (I patched my game with the latest patch as of 12-16-09. Sorry, cant rememer the exact #) I dont know if the patch has anything to do with it, I doubt it. So, realized that my basecamp lot is blank and teal colored, or corrupted along with several other lots. I bulldozed an uncorrupted lot and clicked the icon to "Change Lot Type" then you can select "Community" and now there's a pull down tab that allows you to select the type of community lot ie. "Tomb/Landmark", "Market", etc. there is one for "Basecamp". Even though there is nothing on the lot, I selected "Base Camp" (My sims have a house anyway) and then all was well. I tried to place the French EA basecamp, but it wouldnt let me do that. Problem is partially solved, game is now playable, but I think the France in this save is borked for any additional sims I might play. What I'll do is send my sims home and save them to the library with the whole family/house. Then I'll insert them into a new game and hopefully it will all be fine. I'll post more when I know.