Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hide or Reveal Pet Quirks!

by Spazmunki13 Posted 4th Dec 2017 at 12:01 PM - Updated 12th Nov 2018 at 7:59 AM by Spazmunki13 : Added missing Obsession with Minor Pets and German translation. Thank you Sarafinja!

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 3
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#26 Old 30th Dec 2017 at 6:39 PM
Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 2nd Jan 2018 at 12:08 PM
I love this mod so much, but I was wondering if you had any thoughts on maybe revealing what their moodlets are? Some of them do have text but most of them just say "Anxious +1" or something of that nature. I'm not a modder in the slightest but it would be nice if you were able to actually see what was going on. Lol. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 3rd Jan 2018 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by his.twin.flame
I love this mod so much, but I was wondering if you had any thoughts on maybe revealing what their moodlets are? Some of them do have text but most of them just say "Anxious +1" or something of that nature. I'm not a modder in the slightest but it would be nice if you were able to actually see what was going on. Lol. Thanks again!

I have been tempted to do this.

Not sure when I'll get around to it, I recently had computer problems and lost all my sims stuff. So my motivation has been low, but it's definitely something I'd like to do eventually if no one beats me to it.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MattBrancher
I have been tempted to do this.

Not sure when I'll get around to it, I recently had computer problems and lost all my sims stuff. So my motivation has been low, but it's definitely something I'd like to do eventually if no one beats me to it.

Does that mean you're not going to be updating this mod for patches anymore?

Origin: Simstopics
Steam: BrokeShopaholic
Xbox: BrokeShopaholic
PlayStation: InDebtShopaholic/BrokeShopaholic
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by devilgurl
Does that mean you're not going to be updating this mod for patches anymore?

I will do my best, if any patches break this mod. I was referring to adding an additional feature.
Test Subject
#31 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 3:06 AM
Hello there. I absolutely love this mod's concept, I feel it'd really complete my experience with the Cats and Dogs expansion but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to work. I've been agonizing over this for the past couple of days. I'm new to mods on the Sims but I'm no stranger to mods in general, and so far it seems that the process for installation of mods for the Sims is fairly simple, but no matter what I do or try I'm always just staring at a column of Llamas - no quirks. I've tried exporting to the mods folder, I've tried cutting and pasting, I've tried just moving the package file. I've stuck the whole compressed folder in the mods folder, I've put the package in a folder labeled 'Scripts' all to no avail. The only bit of progress made was in putting the whole zip in the Mods folder as at least then the game recognized it at start-up, but even then the mod's effects didn't seem to kick in. All just llamas. I've tried looking at created pets, vanilla pets, etc. No cigar. I figured maybe it was because of an update, but having just gotten my game up to date nothing's change and so I find myself reaching out on this fine site, having pretty much exhausted my troubleshooting capabilities. This is strange for me as it seems like such a straight-forward process and I haven't seen or heard of anyone else having any sort of problem with this, for all intents and purposes it seems a well-built mod.

Anyway, I really do absolutely love what you've done even if I can't enjoy it. It's these little details as well as bigger projects which make modding such an absolutely vital part of gaming at large.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 8:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FuzzyDunlop
Hello there. I absolutely love this mod's concept, I feel it'd really complete my experience with the Cats and Dogs expansion but for the life of me I can't seem to get it to work. [...]

I just checked in my own game, updated to the latest patch, and all the quirks show up.

The only thing I can think of, is you downloaded both of the mods on this page which conflict with each other as stated in my mod description. You need to download the spazmunki13PetQuirksWithNames.zip, extract it and put the package file into your mods folder.

My mod is an override so there's no script or anything else involved.

Hope that helps.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#33 Old 14th Feb 2018 at 9:16 AM
Awesome! Thank you for this creation!
Test Subject
#34 Old 24th Feb 2018 at 9:32 PM
Would it be possible for you to add icons and names for all of the moddlets the pets get? And the needs? (It also seems like that there are 7 needs and hygiene and bowel seem to switch sometimes)
Test Subject
#35 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 9:02 AM
Does Pet Quirks Hidden remove blank quirks or just hide them?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 11:29 AM
Amm this mod look's so good but I want to ask anyone know a mod where I can see pets "simology" (age and trait) but nothing more I don't want to controll them any way just want to see they "info" thats possible? or theres a mod for this somewhere?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 19th Mar 2018 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shikyo
Does Pet Quirks Hidden remove blank quirks or just hide them?

It hides them, there are other mods that can be used to remove traits from your sims/pets.
Test Subject
#38 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spazmunki13
It hides them, there are other mods that can be used to remove traits from your sims/pets.

Link to one of these mods? Can't find any. :/
Field Researcher
#39 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CanOfHuskies
Link to one of these mods? Can't find any. :/

Simple google search pulled them right up.

Test Subject
#40 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by devilgurl
Simple google search pulled them right up.

Well, I don't know what to tell you else than they ain't showing up to me.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 3:15 AM
Love this mod. Does it need to be updated for seasons patch?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 24th Jun 2018 at 12:04 PM
I guess this mod needs to be updated to Seasons. It is not working like before, I mean, there is one trait that is not showing up or hidding. I tested both versions with different pets (cats, dogs) and with 0 mods in my folder to see better. Even so, the mod is not doing more than that I will keep it, at least it's hidding or showing the majority, it is a few traits that is not working and at least I am not having LEs or errors, so I will use it. But I hope you can update it. Ty!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 2:14 AM
Thank you so much! I had no idea one of my doggos was obsessed with fire and cooking! lmao, this is so satisfying to my curiosity, I can't thank you enough This is super cool
Test Subject
#44 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zsuchan
Amm this mod look's so good but I want to ask anyone know a mod where I can see pets "simology" (age and trait) but nothing more I don't want to controll them any way just want to see they "info" thats possible? or theres a mod for this somewhere?

I'm looking for the same thing. I hope it isn't rude to ask, but did you ever find anything like that?
Field Researcher
#45 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmatigerlily
I'm looking for the same thing. I hope it isn't rude to ask, but did you ever find anything like that?

Its impossible without this mod and the control pets mod. You can't click the pets when you don't have the playable pets mod therefore you can't see their traits. Just use both. You don't HAVE to control your pets with playable pets mod, it just gives you that option to click them and make them go do something if you want them to. They still have full autonomy with that mod installed.

Test Subject
#46 Old 15th Nov 2018 at 8:49 AM
Is this mod working with get famous patch?

Cookies for everybody!
~Anouk
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 1:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NamiStarla
Is this mod working with get famous patch?

Yes, it is.
Test Subject
#48 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Spazmunki13
Yes, it is.

I'm sorry but the mod is broken. If I have the mod in the game, then generates the mod LE or LC. I uploaded the LE on Discord (Deaderpool) and was told that they are old traits. They are the only ones I have in my game.
Test Subject
#49 Old 2nd Dec 2018 at 11:43 PM Last edited by Aniinchen : 3rd Dec 2018 at 8:52 PM.
Hmm when ever i create a dog it shows there is CC in the gallery. I checked with Tray Importer. Its this mod. Not a big deal but annoying cause its CC free. Not sure what the mod does in CAS.
Guess needs an update for Get Famous.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hoppel785
I'm sorry but the mod is broken. If I have the mod in the game, then generates the mod LE or LC. I uploaded the LE on Discord (Deaderpool) and was told that they are old traits. They are the only ones I have in my game.

When exactly are you getting a Last Exception? And have you tried loading the game with only my mod to see if it still happens?

Both versions of my mod work perfectly fine in my game, so I don't really know how to fix the problem you're having.

Quote: Originally posted by Aniinchen
Hmm when ever i create a dog it shows there is CC in the gallery. I checked with Tray Importer. Its this mod. Not a big deal but annoying cause its CC free. Not sure what the mod does in CAS.
Guess needs an update for Get Famous.

This mod overrides default pet traits, so yes it will show as having CC when sharing to the gallery, even though the changes it makes are simply aesthetic.
Page 2 of 3