Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 329 (Who?), Viewed: 10051 times.
Page 14 of 14
Turquoise Dragon
staff: moderator
Original Poster
#326 Old Yesterday at 11:27 PM
It is ok @OnayaW really! we all do stuff
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#327 Old Yesterday at 11:48 PM
Contests are all about learning, I learnt how to decorate better in contests and how to take proper pictures. Take any advice and think on it, don't just toss it aside, most of us have room for improvement. Sometimes you may disagree with a judge and that is okay too we all have our preferences.
I am halfway through and spending some time looking over and suggesting things, I put down scores and later amend them and sometimes amend them some more. Just so you know I don't judge quickly and how I score is first I write down comments on things that I see or read and I jot down scores based on my first impression and what I see but I also base scores on the best entries. I use those as a guideline for the top scores and adjust other entries based on that. If you lose half a point someplace it's often because another entry did an area better. Small mistakes such as a bar stool getting in the way is a slight problem, so those would only ever earn 1/2 a point less. What you really don't want to do is forget something major which your lot needs and someone unfortunately has done that. Sometimes it helps to list all the important features and make sure you have those before submitting. Not you @OnayaW nor is this post directed to you, I thought people might like to know what goes into judging or how I judge anyway. I've judged numerous times now so I have a bit of a system.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
staff: senior moderator
#328 Old Today at 1:21 AM
@Justpetro if I upload the pub I am going to have to remove some of the decorative items because the list is so long and also because some of it will be really hard to find links for now that BPS has gone. Do you still want it?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#329 Old Today at 8:57 AM
Yes pretty please? I will add some decor where needed myself @Karen Lorraine.

Windows 10 and the Ultimate Collection
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=568275
Constant Contestant
staff: senior moderator
#330 Old Today at 9:38 AM
Ok I will reduce the decor (can replace some of it with maxis stuff)

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Page 14 of 14