Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 1:50 PM
Replies: 11130 (Who?), Viewed: 1364882 times.
Page 446 of 446
Lab Assistant
#11126 Old 23rd May 2018 at 11:12 AM Last edited by Craft90 : 23rd May 2018 at 11:41 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
"Placefriezes on" is the cheat to put a foundation on the house for a roof. (And I might have mistyped it, but Help will list it with the proper spelling if I did.)

It's a little tricky to work with, since it doesn't kick in until after you go back into the foundation tool and then it doesn't let you work with foundations on the ground until you turn it off, ("Placefriezes off") but once you get used to it you can have a lot of fun with it.

Oooh, I have to try that. The only building cheats I've used before is moveObjects and that cheat that allowed you to build past the build level in Sims 2 so I'm a newb.

Edit. I did it. Also I found something interesting... So Maxis is in the USA right? And this tool wasn't intended for customers... so why is the tooltip still translated into local language?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11127 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:46 PM
It's an official cheat. It was introduced and publicly announced with the Ambitions EP. I think there was even a thread on the official forum instructing people on how to use it.
Lab Assistant
#11128 Old 23rd May 2018 at 4:01 PM
Okay. That does explain it.

Also... Grim decided to visit the local restaurant. He gets considerably less scary in a suit.
Screenshots
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#11129 Old 23rd May 2018 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 23rd May 2018 at 11:59 PM.
I just discovered something pretty annoying in continuation of my lime-green-socks-wearing-lifeguard drama.

Lifeguards have two career outfits as you probably already know: the one with the t-shirt for surveying a beach and the one without one when rescuing drowning Sims. The one with the t-shirt is the only one available for editing in CAS. Fine. So this is what I did and removed the socks. But when it became time to take the shirt off my lifeguard put on the socks again. Ugh, so the hidden second career outfit is also tied to the everyday and independent from the first career outfit. And even worse: it seems that every time a Sim has to switch into that second outfit in order to rescue a drowning Sim it is generated anew. When I fiddled around with MasterController trying to locate this second outfit I discovered that my Sim has currently 36 (!) green-socked secondary career outfits.

ETA: Correction: it's not the jobs that spawn a new outfit, it happens whenever I switch households and come back to my Sim afterwards.
Alchemist
#11130 Old Yesterday at 2:53 AM
I've been playing Sims 3 since 2012, and today was the very first time I got a message about a wrong number. I have never seen that before, so I have no idea what caused it.
Alchemist
#11131 Old Today at 2:40 AM
Two of the songs that Diva Sims may sing in CAS are Blue Swede's Hooked On A Feeling and Howard Jones' Things Can Only Get Better.

Quote:
"Towards the end of any culture, you have the second or third generation that steps into the culture, which is so far from the origination, it's the impression of what's real, but it's not the full definition of what's real. It's just cheesy. [emphasis added]" (Lyle Owerko, 2010)
Page 446 of 446