Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

keyqueen

There are also 1 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 7849 (Who?), Viewed: 816149 times.
Page 314 of 314
Forum Resident
#7826 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:05 AM
Make the food, put it on the counter. Whine that you're starving.

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but it happens frequently, and when there's nothing on the table getting in the way. It's like the Sim is being deliberately obstinate. "Well, he said MAKE dinner. I don't have to EAT it."
Lab Assistant
#7827 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 8:47 AM
Moving the Bunch family from SV to Bridgeport while Lisa is grounded. Lisa attempts to leave the house to move with the rest of the family, mom: "I don't think so, missy! You're grounded."
Gotta love that system. I don't know why I still haven't installed a mod to fix that, I think it's about time...
Lab Assistant
#7828 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:57 PM
This time it was not the game but me that made me scream. I rebuilt the Bridgeport art gallery from scratch on a smaller lot in order to move it, tweaked the interior to my liking, edited the new lot description... and then quit the game without actually saving it to the bin I didn't even realize what I'd done until I went to the Library to move the file and saw it wasn't there. Gotta be the stupidest thing I've done recently
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
20th Jul 2018 at 8:10 PM
This message has been deleted by Craft90. Reason: Bad thread
Inventor
#7829 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 4:33 AM Last edited by Elynda : 22nd Jul 2018 at 11:17 AM.
I've often made the same mistake, I've lost hours of work like that. What usually happens is that after I've got the building looking the way I want it, I write an interesting description for it and save that. And then maybe I get distracted, or my brain just stops working, because I forget that I haven't actually saved the lot itself! And quite often I only realize my mistake later when I reload the game and find the project I'd spent hours on isn't in the library.

EDIT: This is the WTF thread so suppose I should have included some sort of weird goings on. Well the only WTFery I've come across recently was the appearance of this strange character outside the cemetery. Two strange characters, if you include that bloke in the beret.

Oh but look! He's gotta cute widdle puppy wuppy!

Still stranger is how popular the mausoleum is, ever since I placed it right next to the public swimming pool. There have been four drownings so far. Seems they take one look at the place and can't wait to become permanent residents.

Simblr: Elyndaworld * Live Journal: Elandaer
Field Researcher
#7830 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 12:33 PM
When Hannibal (lol) was having his venue bachelor party and suddenly his mother Harper (who he hates) waltzes in uninvited and starts dancing on a countertop.
Yeeeeah, I don't know about you but I'd hazard a guess that majority of us wouldn't really like their parents to do that, even with good relationship.

Her crashing the party caught me completely by surprise since I did not direct her. I guess it was because the venue is in very close proximity to their home and some group social interaction lured her over or something (?).
Lab Assistant
#7831 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 6:54 PM
In all the years I've played TS3 I've never had the dreaded 'Materializing materials' or whatever it's called error - even when trying to recolour a piece of cc with no channels enabled and 'the current style is invalid blah blah', x-ing out of CASt always worked fine. Until today when I tried to CASt that greenish generic-vectorpack-swirls triptych BG painting. I thought since the general shape is fine i could zap it with the Stencil Remover (or 'Deuglyfier' as it's been known in my game) and put some custom pattern on it. Except that while it's still left selectable with the design tool, it has no channels and of course the style wasn't 'valid' - and as a bonus, x-ing out led to eternal loading and having to kill the game via task manager. What the fuck, EA
Site Helper
#7832 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 3:32 PM
So does this make you interested in learning how to use Texture Tweaker to make a version of it that actually can be recolored? Or maybe even a default replacement?

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...e_Object_Images is a tutorial on using Texture Tweaker.
http://modthesims.info/t/579498 is a tutorial for a default replacement.

(This is how we know that EA actually does like modders. They give us so much that needs to be fixed. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#7833 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:23 PM
routing failures. Always with the routing failures. I dunno how many times I scream expletives at my sims going "The door is right *bleeping* there! FRONT DOOR, you pixellated ninny!" No, they'd rather take the scenic route to the bathroom which is right next to them, going by way of the garage, the cellar and maybe a jaunt to the garden before going in a side door, through the hall and THEN up to the loo to use it. ARGHHHHHHHH.

Not really a sim thing - but a lack of a sim thing - no Freezer clock in Sims 3 makes it difficult to do picture stories. You get one sim the way you want 'em, go to the other one and get them posed, and BAM that bugger's re-posed, or, if mounted on a horse, DISmounted. After a while, you just have to laugh. What else can you do? I turn autonomy off, but the game sometimes just ignores it. Ugh.
Lab Assistant
#7834 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
So does this make you interested in learning how to use Texture Tweaker to make a version of it that actually can be recolored? Or maybe even a default replacement?

Nah, this one's really not worth the hassle at all but in general about other objects - I have tweaked and replaced and edited out so much annoying crap and I always seem to find more and more that needs it. For example that flower in a glass vase thingy from Seasons (I think) that for some inexplicable reason can only be placed on the floor - it's been driving me nuts for years that you have to keep sticking it on OMSPs if you want it to look not ridiculous. I don't think I've come across a tutorial for making objects placeable on slots, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oesau13
Not really a sim thing - but a lack of a sim thing - no Freezer clock in Sims 3 makes it difficult to do picture stories. You get one sim the way you want 'em, go to the other one and get them posed, and BAM that bugger's re-posed, or, if mounted on a horse, DISmounted. After a while, you just have to laugh. What else can you do? I turn autonomy off, but the game sometimes just ignores it. Ugh.

OMG that reminds me of trying to get two sims to woohoo in the sauna by making them both sit first... Nightmare. Like some weird version of musical chairs where as one's butt touches the bench, the other one immediately gets up - ad infinitum. Ended up turning free will off completely for the duration of the 'event'.
Theorist
#7835 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:29 AM
A sim decided to start a protest at City Hall. He was unnerved by my sim making funny faces in the mirror after a long shift.

My Simblr | CC reuploads: pocci | Hal's Archive | mitarasi (anything missing? please contribute!)
If you have concerns about my stuff, please PM me! I see PMs much faster than thread comments :)
Site Helper
#7836 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 4:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enable_llamas
Nah, this one's really not worth the hassle at all but in general about other objects - I have tweaked and replaced and edited out so much annoying crap and I always seem to find more and more that needs it. For example that flower in a glass vase thingy from Seasons (I think) that for some inexplicable reason can only be placed on the floor - it's been driving me nuts for years that you have to keep sticking it on OMSPs if you want it to look not ridiculous. I don't think I've come across a tutorial for making objects placeable on slots, though.

Isn't that just a matter of cloning the object and changing the Slot Placement Flags?
I suppose you could always clone the tissue box (or something similar that does fit on a slot) and do a mesh swap if it isn't.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
#7837 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 3:06 PM
when you're trying to go for a WooHoo but they just keep pulling out the good ole Zombies? Zombies! book
Lab Assistant
#7838 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:51 PM
Quote:
Isn't that just a matter of cloning the object and changing the Slot Placement Flags?
I suppose you could always clone the tissue box (or something similar that does fit on a slot) and do a mesh swap if it isn't.

The slot placement edit was the first thing I thought of, too, but didn't work unfortunately. I wanted to make an override that alters the behavior of the default one, I mean it's a nice flower and all but not enough to want a brand new one. I guess it'll just continue to annoy me, good thing I have so much crap in the plant section I hardly ever come across it, lol :D

Today's adventures in 'WTF ARE YOU DOING'-land include wanting a little romance time in your own house, in your own bed. No such luck though, when your roommate's overnight guest doesn't go to sleep and instead wanders right next (and I mean RIGHT to their heads) to your bed to critique every single deco object around and above said bed. Out of curiosity I waited at least 2 sim hours to see if she'd get the hint and get out, and no dice. She is Inappropriate but that was just ridiculous "Oh hai guys whatcha dooooooin- wow that's an ugly painting you have there, and don't get me started on that plant. Privacy? Nope, never heard of it, why do you ask?' I ended up finally resetting her to get rid of her.
Test Subject
#7839 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 9:27 PM
some things my sims did? recently, after gambling, one of my sims (olivia) just sat there and complained about how she had to use the bathroom... even when i put her command to use the bathroom, she just sat there. i had to reset her sim to get her un-stuck
and another one of my sims (violet) walked around the entire dorm to open this one hidden bookcase door and it took me a lot of tries to get her to open it
Instructor
#7840 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 1:53 PM
My Sims have two kids. When it's time to sleep they request a bed time story. So one of them requests a story and the parent goes to tell the story but gets interrupted by the other kid's request and then the parent goes to tell the other kid a bed time story but gets interrupted again by the first kid. This goes on for two hours. There are two parents. It's not a single parent house. But somehow they kept interrupting each other.
Site Helper
#7841 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:24 PM
So this is the sim kid's version of "I need a drink of water...I need the potty… I need another glass of water... I need a kiss goodnight... I need the potty again...?"

Instructor
#7842 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydome
My Sims have two kids. When it's time to sleep they request a bed time story. So one of them requests a story and the parent goes to tell the story but gets interrupted by the other kid's request and then the parent goes to tell the other kid a bed time story but gets interrupted again by the first kid. This goes on for two hours. There are two parents. It's not a single parent house. But somehow they kept interrupting each other.

Oh I have that all the time, worse, my sim has 5 kids :/ ... (one's actually my avatar lol)

- Anything is Possible -
Field Researcher
#7843 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 3:48 PM
Burglar music starts playing and I see the burglar creeping over my lot. The burglar alarm doesn't go off and I'm thinking that's weird. The burglar proceeds to sneak into my house and out of the back door. THEN the alarm goes off, perfectly normal of course . Both my sims are brave but the police agent that arrives has a go first and of course loses. Both my sims are tying to beat up the burglar at that point, I choose Ralof to fight him as he is higher in athletic and Ralof wins.
Meanwhile the police agent is swimming in my pool, just chilling. I'm making plans on killing that incompetent dude later on, but then BEHOLD he gets out of the pool and actually arrests the burglar!

Lab Assistant
#7844 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 9:51 PM
Must be a crime wave, my sims just got burgled too and I hadn't seen it happen in forever, probably real life years. What's WTF about it was that Mr Burglar showed up while my Master thief sim was at work. Is there no professional courtesy anymore?!
Field Researcher
#7845 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 1:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enable_llamas
Must be a crime wave, my sims just got burgled too and I hadn't seen it happen in forever, probably real life years. What's WTF about it was that Mr Burglar showed up while my Master thief sim was at work. Is there no professional courtesy anymore?!

Must be, as I'm playing the next day after the first burglary and I'm being burglarized again.
Instructor
#7846 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 6:19 PM Last edited by skydome : 9th Aug 2018 at 7:27 PM.
I have a cool burglar story.
So when I was playing in Bridgeport. One of the Apartment has a NPC door neighbour who would come to my house to rob me. I think she robbed me like 3 nights in a row I later go myself a Bonehilda. Much more reliable than the police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetToddler
Oh I have that all the time, worse, my sim has 5 kids :/ ... (one's actually my avatar lol)

OMG that must get annoying a lot.

Quote:
So this is the sim kid's version of "I need a drink of water...I need the potty… I need another glass of water... I need a kiss goodnight... I need the potty again...?"

Pretty much
Instructor
#7847 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 1:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydome
I have a cool burglar story.
So when I was playing in Bridgeport. One of the Apartment has a NPC door neighbour who would come to my house to rob me. I think she robbed me like 3 nights in a row I later go myself a Bonehilda. Much more reliable than the police.

OMG that must get annoying a lot.

Maybe every night put something in front of the main door, I sometimes messed around with my sims by dragging an object in front of them while they were walking, and they'd keep stopping to go around the object, and when they reached the door they'd tap their foot and then stomp lol.

And yep, but in fact, instead of them going to bed and then getting out it's a continuous "ask for bedtime story" like one asks, then the mom faces another one and they ask, then another and another, it's like the mom does continuous spins for hours...

- Anything is Possible -
Forum Resident
#7848 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokolady
Burglar music starts playing and I see the burglar creeping over my lot. The burglar alarm doesn't go off and I'm thinking that's weird. The burglar proceeds to sneak into my house and out of the back door. THEN the alarm goes off, perfectly normal of course . Both my sims are brave but the police agent that arrives has a go first and of course loses. Both my sims are tying to beat up the burglar at that point, I choose Ralof to fight him as he is higher in athletic and Ralof wins.
Meanwhile the police agent is swimming in my pool, just chilling. I'm making plans on killing that incompetent dude later on, but then BEHOLD he gets out of the pool and actually arrests the burglar!

Oh my burglar story, my poor legacy Sim got robbed like 5 times in a span of two generations, one time when she was dirt poor, and the other when she was actually rich. And half of the time the cop pulls up, the burglar runs right past him/her and pass the police car.. "Sorry couldn't get him." Seriously! You incompent fool he just passed you.
Don't get me started when I had four dogs on the same lot, where none of them did anything, they were large dogs that looked like wolves.. I shouted "WHY AREN'T YOU ATTACKING HIM!"

No wonder why the burgalar kept coming back.

My Sims 3 Random Legacy Challenge: The Amberstones
http://amberstonelegacy.blogspot.com.au/
Inventor
#7849 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:34 AM
One of my sims just got pregnant. She'd just used the toilet to pee and was still standing right in front of it when she felt the urgent need to vomit. So what does she do? She runs all the way downstairs to the ground floor bathroom and uses that one instead. Sims are dumb!

Simblr: Elyndaworld * Live Journal: Elandaer
Lab Assistant
#7850 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 8:22 PM
The fact that Wha Kuia went to far in the bench when she used it and managed to do this
Screenshots

Hi my name is Carla Shaw you can stop at 5 or 6 stores or just one. I don't need friends, they disappoint me.
Page 314 of 314