Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on Today at 7:25 PM
Replies: 16122 (Who?), Viewed: 862424 times.
Page 645 of 645
Test Subject
#16101 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 8:44 PM Last edited by TwistedSmiley : 10th Oct 2018 at 1:07 AM. Reason: time lapses
I don't think I have EVER gone past 4 generations on any sims 3 save since the game was released. I'm going to give this a try in stealth mode after Ive read everyone's stories.


So... Just spent almost 19 hours straight reading 5 of the 6 complete blogs.. (Scarlett Random Legacy seems to be no longer available)
Now to see if my potato laptop can deal with a 10 generation save.....

Ok, I now have a blog, which for me was the hardest part of this challenge so far .. (the first two i created, I couldn't get back into to edit as they didn't exist, even though I could see them online) Doh! Broke the Internets again! Id appreciate If someone could add them to the list of current actives.

https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot.com/
Test Subject
#16102 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:54 AM
Today in lecture I sat behind a girl who spent the entire period playing Sims on her tiny Mac laptop. It was Sims 4, but still... I was a little jealous. And very amused.

I have a question--in the rules, there's a provision that lets you reroll a career if you've gotten it two generations in a row. Does this rule also apply to other categories, like Misc Fun or Generational Goal? I've rolled Idle Careers for gen 2 and gen 3, and it's not necessarily an unbearable fate, but I'd prefer to switch things up if it's an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSmiley
Ok, I now have a blog, which for me was the hardest part of this challenge so far .. (the first two i created, I couldn't get back into to edit as they didn't exist, even though I could see them online) Doh! Broke the Internets again! Id appreciate If someone could add them to the list of current actives.


Okay, your writing style is so fun to read. It just has so much life and energy! I'll add more praises to my blog comment, but I just wanted to say that I 1000% relate to huskies being the most expensive dog ever. Our family husky loves to find out what you hold dearest in this world, and then destroy it when you don't give him the attention he wants. Good luck on your legacy!
Test Subject
#16103 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 5:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagaturtle
Okay, your writing style is so fun to read. It just has so much life and energy! I'll add more praises to my blog comment, but I just wanted to say that I 1000% relate to huskies being the most expensive dog ever. Our family husky loves to find out what you hold dearest in this world, and then destroy it when you don't give him the attention he wants. Good luck on your legacy!


LOL, Thanks Waga, The previous 8 (yeah .. 8) owners of my Husky, Gypsy, I think all had babies and small children, so she would get bored while I was at work, jump the fence and go looking for kids to play with. I think I paid more in fines, than in taxes , for the first 12 months that I had her. I got given her after the previous owners put a few hundred dollars worth of Easter eggs out for the kids to find, and all they found was chewed tinfoil... (she didn't even get sick...)

https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot....-beginning.html Is up...as well as three other chapters of backstory
Scholar
Original Poster
#16104 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 6:30 AM
"I have a question--in the rules, there's a provision that lets you reroll a career if you've gotten it two generations in a row. Does this rule also apply to other categories, like Misc Fun or Generational Goal?"

It does not... but feel free to make it a house rule.
Inventor
#16105 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 7:04 AM
I have a question regarding the Family Structure rolls and the roommate functionality introduced all the way back in UL.

Do roommates count towards the family structure? I already tested that they don't bring any money into the RLC house, and they are not controllable.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#16106 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 4:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDuckie
I have a question regarding the Family Structure rolls and the roommate functionality introduced all the way back in UL.

Do roommates count towards the family structure? I already tested that they don't bring any money into the RLC house, and they are not controllable.



(Taken from the top of http://randomlegacychallenge.blogsp...ough-draft.html)
Family Structure - This determines how many adults you will need in each generation to raise the children.

As long as the room mate in no way educates/trains/raises/gifts the heir and siblings/step-siblings, etc. I don't see a roomie as Family, just an NPC that wont shoo!
( I do NOT have UL, I am NOT involved in rule making, I am just a free floating opinion, and RLC player.)
Test Subject
#16107 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 4:50 AM
Default The Sims 3 Jettstar MTS Random Legacy Challenge
My RLC Blog is now up, it is still a mess visually, but hopefully my blog skills progress as fast as my story

Preamble - The beginning
https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot....-beginning.html

Gen 1. Venice Jettstar
https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot....ox-of-doom.html
Inventor
#16108 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 6:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSmiley
(Taken from the top of http://randomlegacychallenge.blogsp...ough-draft.html)
Family Structure - This determines how many adults you will need in each generation to raise the children.

As long as the room mate in no way educates/trains/raises/gifts the heir and siblings/step-siblings, etc. I don't see a roomie as Family, just an NPC that wont shoo!
( I do NOT have UL, I am NOT involved in rule making, I am just a free floating opinion, and RLC player.)


That's what I was thinking as well. However, there's really no way to make sure that the roommate wouldn't do those things, as she isn't controllable.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#16109 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDuckie
That's what I was thinking as well. However, there's really no way to make sure that the roommate wouldn't do those things, as she isn't controllable.



Unless you get an official answer shortly, all i can suggest is make a save, make a copy, and test it for a while to see what happens. If your sim starts learning random skills from nowhere, then you know the roomie is secretly tutoring behind closed doors...
Scholar
Original Poster
#16110 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 8:24 PM
We had a conversation about roommates several years ago when UL was released, but I don't remember how it was handled, sorry. I have never played with the feature.
Instructor
#16111 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 9:46 PM
So I've been MIA for awhile. I must repeat my usual refrain: "I'm the worst, etc." Anyway, I'm setting a goal to write a ~*spooky story*~ for Halloween, and I want to write about the Bees.* So I'm sharing that goal here so I feel more inclined to complete it. XD I can't believe I haven't updated since June! And I haven't played since January--I'm honestly a little worried my game won't work.

I also need to catch up on blogs! I'm looking forward to it, because it's currently perfect reading weather (chilly and grey outside!).

*So part of the reason I've been thinking about the Bees--other than the fact I miss them--is because I got bee tattoos! I now have a daily reminder of my sims, in a sense. XD

Inventor
#16112 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsAndDolts
We had a conversation about roommates several years ago when UL was released, but I don't remember how it was handled, sorry. I have never played with the feature.


All right. I'll play this particular RLC as "roommates don't count as family" and let you know how it goes. It's not like I'm blogging this one or anything.

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Test Subject
#16113 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 4:48 AM
As it so happens, my game has recently made up its mind that my legacy family needs a roommate, and keeps pulling random sims from the void and sending them to my house as a roommate. I didn't ask for a roommate, but it happens every couple of sim days. I just Object>Delete it because I'm lazy, but it's a bit of a pain.

Anyway, one thing I found when this was happening was that the roommates will pay you periodically for rent. I'm not even sure how it happened in my case, since I blast every roommate out of existence, but one day a little popup informed me I was getting paid. I feel like that would go against game rules for what's allowed for income and what's not, but I suppose all you'd have to do is remove those funds from the household to solve that problem.
Lab Assistant
#16114 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 4:58 AM
Hello everyone! I missed you all. Sorry for the disappearing act but you guys know I always come back, right? Work got a but nutty and I just needed to focus on that for a while.

Also you can't be mad that I disappeared briefly because I come baring the gift of an update: Chapter 3.19: Can We Do It?

Enjoy!

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Scholar
Original Poster
#16115 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 7:19 AM
Yay Owls! Always happy to see more Bees.

Thanks Duckie!

Wagaturtle, is there a mod you have installed that might cause them to give you rent, or do you suspect it is just a feature? Also having them show up at your place randomly is pretty freaky. O.O

Hi Keyneky!
Test Subject
#16116 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 9:08 AM
https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot....11-new-day.html

My 6th post in 3 days... (5 sim days) ..

I'm reading every almost every Legacy story I can find to slow myself down and stop myself from burning out too quick.
I've just finished reading the 52 available chapters of the Bee legacy without taking a break.. Its that good! Thank you Owl_face!!
Forum Resident
#16117 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 11:57 AM
Test Subject
#16118 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 7:41 AM
Trying desperately not to spam the thread, but Ooh, look, a squirrel!!!


The next chapter, Work, Work, Work is up.

https://ts3jettstarlegacy.blogspot....-work-work.html
Field Researcher
#16119 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 4:38 PM Last edited by Frogsnack : Yesterday at 4:49 AM.
Happy to meet all the new members of the challenge! I've been playing the sims, but aside from work it's been more the way I play when I'm in creative burnout mode, so my sim self has written several new novels and is up to 1,800 bottles of nectar in her collection (I have to sell fruit immediately in that game so it doesn't slow down my gameplay xD)

My appointment this morning was cancelled so I can write a little bit again, I hope to have something out today but no promises as my afternoon appointment is still very much on! The Sparrows seriously need some TLC though. The story there is getting into a rough patch and when it comes out there will be a 'I don't advocate this type of behavior' disclaimer. And I miss them!! I'll add some pictures below of upcoming story moments, shall I?

((EDIT)) Here's an update!
1.35 Live a Little


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagaturtle
Anyway, one thing I found when this was happening was that the roommates will pay you periodically for rent. I'm not even sure how it happened in my case, since I blast every roommate out of existence, but one day a little popup informed me I was getting paid. I feel like that would go against game rules for what's allowed for income and what's not, but I suppose all you'd have to do is remove those funds from the household to solve that problem.
Hi Waga,
I've played with roommates before and there is a dismiss option somewhere, possibly a phone interaction? They do pay, I think once a week, but if you'd like to keep them around you could treat that as income that has to be spent immediately on the house (on items you cannot resell), or something I'd like to try; buying a second lot to turn into an adjacent park or something with it. (Basically if you treat those funds as you would any random gift and buy items that cannot be resold you wouldn't be interfering with family funds. Also a separate lot where those items go is maybe further protection than needed, but I like the idea that they wouldn't effect the family bills that way.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by owl_face
*So part of the reason I've been thinking about the Bees--other than the fact I miss them--is because I got bee tattoos! I now have a daily reminder of my sims, in a sense. XD
I sincerely hope your new bee tattoo is that whole body stripey cheetah spot that starts at the hairline on the face. I miss the bees too by the way, can't we get more Gazette pics of Nicholas running around causing mischief? Seems appropriate for the season. I will look for your update.
@slashbanghorror I just read that you lost your save file? That's horrible! Did you have the family saved to the Town bin or any of the sims in the CAS bin that might be on another save from around the same time? That's the only way I can think of to get them back. They're impossible to recreate once gone, I'd imagine. So sorry that happened. Hope you feel better too...
Screenshots

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Test Subject
#16120 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 3:52 PM
Update spam - Sleeping Dogs Chapter 1.3

Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge Jettstar MTS TS3 Random Legacy Challenge
Field Researcher
#16121 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 6:30 PM
@slashbanghorror
I am so sad your save file got deleted! Did you have any backups? That sucks! Also if your ear infection gone yet? I hope you feel better!

Nice to see some old faces back again ^^
Lab Assistant
#16122 Old Today at 11:25 AM
*delurks* About roommates: I'm going to quote ShakespearesSunshyne here, from March 23, 2014

"(after countless Jump To's and endless scrolling all the way back to pages in the 290's)

ETA- It seemed we allowed roommates, but only if you use a family funds cheat to remove the rent the roommates pay each week."

Absolutely Cuckoo - I'm Surrounded By Idiots
Pollard - a Boolprop EPIC challenge
Scholar
Original Poster
#16123 Old Today at 5:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxi
*delurks* About roommates: I'm going to quote ShakespearesSunshyne here, from March 23, 2014

"(after countless Jump To's and endless scrolling all the way back to pages in the 290's)

ETA- It seemed we allowed roommates, but only if you use a family funds cheat to remove the rent the roommates pay each week."


Holy [email protected]#$, you have earned the usefulness award for this quarter. Thank you! I'll add that to the rules in case it comes up again in 2022.
Page 645 of 645
Back to top