Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
1 people viewing

RoxEllen1965

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 5314 (Who?), Viewed: 189056 times.
Page 213 of 213
Mad Poster
#5301 Old Yesterday at 3:04 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : Yesterday at 3:57 AM. Reason: No space in HP's name!
Default Sims have a "known as" name?
I find I do best if I reboot every few days. My usual reason for rebooting is that my computer has got too slow to play The Sims 2.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for what I've discovered, not really today, but over a period of time: Sims have got a extra name, possibly a "Known As" name, that the developers of SimPE appear not to have known about. Have a look at these SimPE screenshots:

Now look at their names in-game:

I have never seen the names Teresa and Devi in-game, and I cannot find the names Tess and Denise anywhere in SimPE. It's maybe worth mentioning that I have HystericalParoxysm's version of Live.package. The Bluewater townies were the first sizable group of Sims to get their names from this source after I installed it. Although the SimPE developers appear not to know about this extra name, it does look as if HP must have known something about it. I understand she's on long-term sabbatical leave, rather than retired, so I hope she may come back one day an explain what she knows.

I presume this is the reason why I've seen it recommended that we use an in-game utility to change a Sim's first name rather than SimPE.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
#5302 Old Yesterday at 3:50 AM
Do you play the game in UK English? I have a hunch it might be related to that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#5303 Old Yesterday at 3:54 AM
I'm pretty sure I play in U.S. English.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Instructor
#5304 Old Yesterday at 11:26 AM
according to our prev discussion, toddlers are included on the serve food count and that their serving turns into baby food as long as they are in the highchair.

voila! Bass with Squash ala mush =))
Screenshots

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
Instructor
#5305 Old Yesterday at 1:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Now for what I've discovered, not really today, but over a period of time: Sims have got a extra name, possibly a "Known As" name, that the developers of SimPE appear not to have known about. Have a look at these SimPE screenshots:

It's known - all the subhood Sims (University, Downtown, Shopping, Vacation, etc.) have names in code but once they are generated, get randomly generated names.
Mad Poster
#5306 Old Yesterday at 3:57 PM
Your ala mush made me laugh

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)
Instructor
#5307 Old Yesterday at 4:20 PM
glad to be of service! but most of all thank you to everyone who was in the "how do i handle toddlers and highchairs properly" I have learned a lot xD

I gave up my dream to earn a living.
Top Secret Researcher
#5308 Old Yesterday at 9:37 PM
entered mentioned cheat in Live Mode; both versions. and had sim adopt a pet through phone; the pet could still act autonomously.

some discoveries from playing an AnyGame that had only Apartment Life::
-the keyboard shortcuts for diagonal and octagonal rooms work.
-Apartment life has some half-walls
#5309 Old Yesterday at 10:00 PM
Does petsfreewill work in an AnyGame with just Pets? Maybe it got broken in one of the later EPs.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#5310 Old Yesterday at 10:20 PM
am currently unable to test with just Pets; and another expansion. posted about it in Help section; thread title contains both expansion names.
#5311 Old Yesterday at 10:37 PM
Both Bon Voyage and Apartment Life use the pet system for Sims, I believe, meaning that the controlpets and cancelpetaction cheats will work on them. Bon Voyage for vacation guests and Apartment Life for roommates. So it's possible one of those two EPs broke it with the modifications needed to do that.

Test Subject
#5312 Old Today at 3:53 AM
I have a Sim who owns a pet store. Until now, I didn't know how having other families visit that pet store would work, so I figured out that it was simpler than I expected.

I also discovered that if your Sim purchases a pet from a store, it opens a pet CAS basically, so that's neat and unexpected. I figured I was just getting a randomized pet, but apparently not!
Mad Poster
#5313 Old Today at 4:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukk
I also discovered that if your Sim purchases a pet from a store, it opens a pet CAS basically, so that's neat and unexpected. I figured I was just getting a randomized pet, but apparently not!

Yes! Before I knew about this, I was carefully chosen what breed I would put up for sale...lol Just in case, that was what a sim would get. Now I know better and guess what?...I still go for the look. lol

Mad Poster
#5314 Old Today at 4:09 AM
It's only through adoption you get no chance to choose your pet for customization. The adoptive dogs and cats are it. No changing them, unfortunately.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Mad Poster
#5315 Old Today at 4:16 AM
Well, you have change pet's name appearance in the mirror.

Page 213 of 213