Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:49 AM
Default Weird Things That Sims Do
Have you ever seen your sim acting weird? Well here's mine and he does it everytime he talks with somebody at Crypt o' Nightclub:
Screenshots

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 1:49 AM
My self-Sim is a little...odd. Once she wandered into Chester Gieke's apartment, went up, and sat in his bedroom watching him sleep. She stayed there until she wet herself. Then she walked up to his bed, said 'bye,' and went back to her own apartment. I figure it's just lingering trauma from whatever happened to make her lose all her memories aside from a sole 'ran away.'

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 10:38 AM
Your self-sim might appear a little bit creepy from Chester perspective if he wakes up and find someone watching him sleep (which one is correct : 'a little creepy' or 'a little bit creepy' or neither? I'm trying to improve my English). I hope your self-sim gets better and recovers from her trauma.

Chet R. Chase I don't think I have ever seen a sim do this, it's funny. Next time I play (hopefully before next year!) I'll try to send a sim to Crypt o' Nightclub to see if my sim act the same.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:21 PM
I just had a sim absolutely, positively, without any shadow of a a doubt REFUSE to get a job. I'm sure I've had similar before, but I used to just let them take care of the house and kids or write or skill and sell their wares. But, in Elsewhere everyone HAS to be employed.

Enter Haydn Hunt. I would queue him up to go to the computer and job hunt. Then I'd find him outside splashing in puddles, taking a bubble bath, or getting a snack from the fridge. This went on for days. Finally, I forced him to the computer, cancelling every other action he tried to do. He tried to pretend he couldn't get to the computer. So, I had to command him to sit down and then look at jobs. I gave him the slacker career because I thought it would be the easiest on his disposition. He went to work the next day and managed to get fired. I know that chance cards are supposed to be random and I could have picked the other choice. But, I am completely convinced he would have been fired no matter what. He was too slacker for a slacker job. Unfortunately, the next day was Friday which means the 5 p.m. job sweep. He was still unemployed, having refused to look for another job. So, he's ashes, now.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chet R. Chase
Well here's mine and he does it everytime he talks with somebody at Crypt o' Nightclub:

My sims always do that whenever there is anyone in aspiration failure talking to the shrink.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 1:37 PM
I see that gesture as a reaction to poor dancing skill all the time. It makes sense for it to happen in response to aspiration failure, too, since pointing at your head and whirling your finger means "you're crazy."

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:36 PM
Add that while they're breaking the fourth wall, now your sims find you, as a player, delusional.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cassiopee A
(which one is correct : 'a little creepy' or 'a little bit creepy' or neither? I'm trying to improve my English).

Both are correct and essentially mean the same thing. Normally "a little bit" would mean less so than "a little," I think, but in this context of "a little bit creepy," I assume both "a little" and "a little bit" are being used as forms of understatement, in which case "a little bit" might imply more creepiness. But not by much, either way; as I said, they mean basically the same thing.

Also, yes, watching someone sleep is usually pretty creepy! Unless they're your lover or child, I think.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I just had a sim absolutely, positively, without any shadow of a a doubt REFUSE to get a job. I'm sure I've had similar before, but I used to just let them take care of the house and kids or write or skill and sell their wares. But, in Elsewhere everyone HAS to be employed.

Enter Haydn Hunt. I would queue him up to go to the computer and job hunt. Then I'd find him outside splashing in puddles, taking a bubble bath, or getting a snack from the fridge. This went on for days. Finally, I forced him to the computer, cancelling every other action he tried to do. He tried to pretend he couldn't get to the computer. So, I had to command him to sit down and then look at jobs. I gave him the slacker career because I thought it would be the easiest on his disposition. He went to work the next day and managed to get fired. I know that chance cards are supposed to be random and I could have picked the other choice. But, I am completely convinced he would have been fired no matter what. He was too slacker for a slacker job. Unfortunately, the next day was Friday which means the 5 p.m. job sweep. He was still unemployed, having refused to look for another job. So, he's ashes, now.

"So he's ashes now" this one cracked me up. I lost it with this one hahahahaha. That was a rather dark turn of events and I can't believe that it's even possible for a sim to act like that. What did you do to them anyway? Why do they act like that? P.S. Cool story bro.

Are you a contestant on Papa Chet's Pizza Pandemonium?
Forum Resident
#10 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:13 AM
So I have this sim called Paul, who lives alone. He is a romantic aspiration(?) but seriously, waking up at 3AM because he wanna woohoo with someone is like. STOP IT.
(Special because on a single round does he woohoo like 3-10 times)

I build small houses *^*
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:44 PM
In Hazelton, I had an apartment building that had some cactuses outside. Sims would go downstairs at all hours and crawl around on their hands and knees and jam their faces into the cactus to smell it. I told some of my online friends about this and for the next year or thereabouts we used the term 'cactus-sniffer' to insult each other.

Sims will also do this.

Maybe this is their version of a head in the sand?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chet R. Chase
"So he's ashes now" this one cracked me up. I lost it with this one hahahahaha. That was a rather dark turn of events and I can't believe that it's even possible for a sim to act like that. What did you do to them anyway? Why do they act like that? P.S. Cool story bro.

Nothing. He's been difficult ever since he was born; he's just always been contrary. 7 p.m. and all the other kids automatically go to their homework to complete it. Hmm...where's Haydn? Oh, he's in the tub playing pirate, of course.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Both are correct and essentially mean the same thing. Normally "a little bit" would mean less so than "a little," I think, but in this context of "a little bit creepy," I assume both "a little" and "a little bit" are being used as forms of understatement, in which case "a little bit" might imply more creepiness. But not by much, either way; as I said, they mean basically the same thing.

Also, yes, watching someone sleep is usually pretty creepy! Unless they're your lover or child, I think.

Thank you, that's really helpful!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 6:23 PM
Smorbie1 He took "live free or die" to the natural consequences?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 6:55 PM
my sims is doing weird sometimes when i put the cheatcode called: boolprop Testingcheatsenabled true on a little longer and sometimes i get a error when i put it on a little longer
but i try to take it off as soon as i use the sim for something
Field Researcher
#16 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 7:36 PM
If my gameplay notes could be read by Sims, they'd be saying things like, "what happened to Don?", "oh, he met Rodney." "that's sad; hey, I found some great places to hang out at in Downtown!"

("Rodney" as in "Rodney's Death Creator". )