Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 11:24 PM
Default SimWardrobe's dead.
Went to visit it. Blank white page, but my adblocker caught a GoDaddy parking iframe. Page source verifies the same.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html><body style="padding:0; margin:0;"><html><body><iframe src="http://mcc.godaddy.com/park/L255oaS2LJLgL3yhpUVhLzI0" style="visibility: visible;height: 100%; position:absolute" allowtransparency="true" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" width="100%"></iframe></body></html><!-- T: 2128 -->

Checked the domain. SimWardrobe's registered till next year, paladins-place.org is hidden with "Domains By Proxy, LLC" and also expires around the same time.

Still accessible via Wayback Machine. Didn't test the downloads, though. Link to archived copy.

Seems like it's dead to me. Anyone else know?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:03 AM
Its been down for a while now.

Only some of the downloads work, the top layer download work but if you have to go into a dif. page then no the downloads no longer work.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:05 AM
Yeah, that's what I figured. I have all the downloads saved.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Link Ninja
#4 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:48 AM
So what should people do that would like Paladin's downloads? Would there be a place to host them? I have quite a bit of the business mods/objects, the allow more sims invited to parties, the hotel cleaner fix - I am here to help if someone needs them.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:53 AM
I have a few SimWardrobe mods too. I have the Seasons and Weather controller, and the fish/produce packing station and related employee control mods.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Alchemist
#6 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:53 AM
You could upload them to a public simsfileshare account.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:02 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 14th Jun 2017 at 1:16 AM.
I collected them all because I was afraid that it would go down. I'd be glad to upload them if there'd be no problems with that.

EDIT: All right, I decided to do it. Here's a link. It'll take me a while to get everything up, so keep an eye on it. If the author of the mods objects, I'll take them down.

Space Pony
#8 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:15 AM
Please do. I made a 4th backup at eternal drive with my mods but still found out the only one I did need was from there. I choosed the wrong option (right at the time but wrong one now) at one of the mods.

EDIT: TY <3 <3

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:20 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 14th Jun 2017 at 1:45 AM.
Check my last post. Anything specific you want? I can push it up ahead early. It'll take a while to get everything up though.

EDIT: All right, that was a surprisingly quicker process than I expected. If I'm missing anything, let me know. Got a couple of Sims 1 programs, I'll push them up on request.

And because it's so popular, have a zip of Dizzy's hacks too: http://simfileshare.net/download/257973/

Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:38 AM
I believe the site has been down before but always come back up, just takes time for him to notice. I'm pretty sure policy is no sharing or using as base for things, so just be aware that you'll have to take it down if the site comes back up But in the meantime I'm sure lots of people will be very grateful!

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Space Pony
#11 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:39 AM
I had the version of "Customers leave after purchase-playables do not get broke".. I tried the wayback machine but either I have no idea how to use it or the download is simply not available. tried everything toi get the "Customers leave after purchase" only.

EDIT: ty <3 I had to remove the mod completely to get my playables to actually buy what they did once again thank you <3

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:39 AM
Well judging from the parking page, I don't think it is coming back up. If my guess is right, he stopped the hosting and is just waiting for his domain to expire out. Unless it's been hacked or something, but I'd expect a redirect to some malware page instead.

Scholar
#13 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:40 AM
I’m sure it’s fine you did decide to reupload the files, as long as the author doesn’t say no. I myself wouldn’t mind it if I decided to take a break or something and my files somehow disappeared and people decided they want them and reuploaded somewhere, I’d find it nice after getting back, because that would mean someone uses them, and that’s really best for a creator – see their creations in use.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kukamuukaanmuka
I had the version of "Customers leave after purchase-playables do not get broke".. I tried the wayback machine but either I have no idea how to use it or the download is simply not available. tried everything toi get the "Customers leave after purchase" only.

Here you go: http://www.simfileshare.net/filedetails/257612/

Space Pony
#15 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:51 AM
TY once again <3 I really had headaches because of that, took me a while t even see what mod it was why my playables did not had the things at their inventory I use the firemod and really like that the playables do buy the wood while visiting the mysterious woodmarked, owned by newlyweds Cassandra (Goth) and John Mole.

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

Mad Poster
#16 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:51 AM
@ihatemandatoryregister You may want to make a Journal page and place the info and link there.

If the site comes back up then yes you will need to delete the links.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:56 AM
I wonder if you can still find James on the internet? He's not looked at TS2 for a long time but he's always been really nice and helpful in the past.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 2:09 AM
I did look at jamesgames.net, but it's not been updated since 2010.

I'll look into making a journal entry once I figure out how.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 5:41 AM Last edited by Charity : 14th Jun 2017 at 6:09 AM.
Further information, from when people were asking about making changes to Paladin's dueling swords. https://nixedsims.wordpress.com/201...ons/#more-10320

Quote: Sunni said,

August 30, 2015 @ 10:40

HI THERE! Another great creation! As for modifying and sharing Sim Wardrobe items, Paladin expressed his permission several years ago when his site went down. We at the Keep contacted him if we could host his files and he told us to do whatever with them, that he has officially retired from Sims and doesn't care any longer. He even noted that while he'd renew his site, he wouldn't guarantee for how long, so make sure you grab what you want because the site might not always be around. So, it's safe to use his items with credit from what he's told us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 5:51 AM
Thank you.

Mad Poster
#21 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 9:02 AM
Mad Poster
#22 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 2:10 PM
Greatest modder. His work inspires and pushes me to start learning making hacks and mods
Mad Poster
#23 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 4:53 PM
Great to know Charity, thanks

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Inventor
#24 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 5:42 PM
Lucky I got the entire collection of arcade cabinets from there when I did, as they bring good nostalgia even if I never played most of them irl. I planned to renovate a room in the Sim's super mall (forget its name at the moment) to where it's a complete arcade room with the addition of several pinball machines and video game consoles connected to a couple televisions.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 8:21 PM
You know, my friend always teases me about hoarding files. But then things like this happen...

Page 1 of 2