Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 11:39 PM
Default How to create a header?
I couldn't decide if I should put this in Off Topic Discussions or here, but...

Anyone know how to make anything like this? I want one for my profile page as I'm addicted to making Sim lots now!

I know it requires Photoshop (which I don't have), and I can't find tutorials anywhere anymore.

I'll even make someone a custom, free lot if they can make me one of these!

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Extensa5420

Whoever created this artwork must be a very skillful Adobe Photoshop user! The stars have shadows, so that artist probably applied a layer to look like a star-shadow. The artist probably also made little stars inside the big star, merged them together into one piece, and applied a color gradient to them. Then the artist probably added text and filtered it with bevel and emboss (?). I am very impressed with the spatter paint in the background. The artist probably took a spatter paint picture and filtered it to just get the outlines. Then he or she probably applied coloring to it (with the masking tool?) and filtered the text, giving the text a raised look (???) Then, over the entire image, the artist probably added a transparent layer with uniform black dots. I think that's how it's made.

Well, I can't do all of that...
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 2:01 PM
If you already know your way around Photoshop, you could make this using a couple of Layer Styles, custom brushes and pattern overlays. If you don't know the basics of PS it might be a little daunting and probably very frustrating to try something like this first up, hehe.

I would love to offer to make something like this but my Photoshop has been crashing within the first 5 minutes of me opening it lately.

Goodluck, I hope you find some takers. :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sif
If you already know your way around Photoshop, you could make this using a couple of Layer Styles, custom brushes and pattern overlays. If you don't know the basics of PS it might be a little daunting and probably very frustrating to try something like this first up, hehe.

I would love to offer to make something like this but my Photoshop has been crashing within the first 5 minutes of me opening it lately.

Goodluck, I hope you find some takers. :D

TBH, I don't even have PSP on this computer.

Thanks anyway. :/
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 9:33 PM
You can do that with PSP as well, and if you use ABRViewer you can use fancy photoshop brushes in PSP too. If you know your way in PSP, like how to work with layers, shadows, patterns, it shouldn't be too difficult to create something similar.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
You can do that with PSP as well, and if you use ABRViewer you can use fancy photoshop brushes in PSP too. If you know your way in PSP, like how to work with layers, shadows, patterns, it shouldn't be too difficult to create something similar.

No, I don't have anything on this computer at all... it's fairly new (got it this July 27) and it only has my Sims games on it. If someone wanted to step up and do it, that'd be nice, but otherwise, I guess put it aside for now.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 10:02 PM
Download GIMP. It's free and has the same options that Photoshop has give or take a few.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

"This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."

::::Participating Currently In Picture Perfect: Cycle 2::::
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moldova
Download GIMP. It's free and has the same options that Photoshop has give or take a few.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Sure, thanks.

Anyway, like I said, I'm not going to worry about it now.