Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 7:35 PM Last edited by starpower_no : 1st Mar 2015 at 7:01 PM.
Default (SOLVED) Converting Outift Help x.x
I'm using this website as a guide to converting Keoni's Spring Break Uniforms to adults:

http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=12916.0

However, when I get to step 19, my project doesn't have any of the white vertices showing up in Milkshape. Therefore when I try to select either of the GMDC's, I can't because there's nothing to select!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 2:35 AM Last edited by telefen : 28th Feb 2015 at 2:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by starpower_no
I'm using this website as a guide to converting Keoni's Spring Break Uniforms to adults:

http://www.digitalperversion.net/ga...p?topic=12916.0

However, when I get to step 19, my project doesn't have any of the white vertices showing up in Milkshape. Therefore when I try to select either of the GMDC's, I can't because there's nothing to select!
It seems like you've got all three views showing 3d view. On the top right use the drop down window and choose left view,on the top left front, on the bottom left top. In the bottom view is ok and it is usually 3d except you can right click on it and choose (show grid) and you can now choose vertices. Make sure show grid is chosen in other three views. Look at the attached pictures and do the same and you should be able to choose vertices. The reason you do not have drop down windows is because you view show view caption botton is unchecked.
Screenshots
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:30 PM
It looks to me like the views are set to the right mode (3D, left, right etc), and you just need to do the bit shown in telefen's first pic of right-clicking the views and ticking Wireframe Overlay.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 6:58 PM
Your meshes are probably getting selected... you just can't see it because you don't have things set up quite right.

In the top left, top right, and bottom left views, you're going to need to change the setting. Right click in each quadrant. A drop-down menu will show up. The first four options are what you want to look at. Select "Wireframe" (right now it's on "Smooth Shaded" or perhaps "Textured"). Do this for each of the three panels I mentioned. Now, when you select the mesh, it should show up with a red wireframe, just like it does in the tutorial.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
It looks to me like the views are set to the right mode (3D, left, right etc), and you just need to do the bit shown in telefen's first pic of right-clicking the views and ticking Wireframe Overlay.
All I see is four 3d views so just adding wireframe to 3d is not gonna work I'm afraid. Have another look at her picture, they are all 3d.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Your meshes are probably getting selected... you just can't see it because you don't have things set up quite right.

In the top left, top right, and bottom left views, you're going to need to change the setting. Right click in each quadrant. A drop-down menu will show up. The first four options are what you want to look at. Select "Wireframe" (right now it's on "Smooth Shaded" or perhaps "Textured"). Do this for each of the three panels I mentioned. Now, when you select the mesh, it should show up with a red wireframe, just like it does in the tutorial.
To beginn with she is missing drop down window in all four views and that is because the viewport caption is unchecked. Have another look at her picture and you'll see what I mean. I think she has abondened this topic as she is not responding.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 11:16 AM
They look 3D because they're smooth shaded. We've probably scared her off.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
They look 3D because they're smooth shaded. We've probably scared her off.
My bad both of you are right it is like you say. I think she was desperate and she probably either got helped or figured it out herself. I enjoy helping people especially when they answer back so one can communicate better.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by telefen
My bad both of you are right it is like you say. I think she was desperate and she probably either got helped or figured it out herself. I enjoy helping people especially when they answer back so one can communicate better.

Sorry >.< I've been working and haven't had the time to check! But your suggestions worked ^.^ So thank you all! But now I have other problems so it is time for a new topic xD