Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 5:27 PM
Default Infant Hair
Hi about a month ago I converted some custom skins to Warlokk bodyshape meshes. It was surprisingly easy and I've been thinking maybe I could essentially use his tutorial to do the same thing with the infant hair. Right now I have it downloaded and attached to maxis's skin, but I don't use maxis skin.

Here is a link to the tutorial:

http://sites.google.com/site/warlok.../bodyshapeguide

Does anyone know if this would work or is there a better tutorial out there.

Also does anyone have any clue as to how this affects genetics?
The infant hair is inherited if the parent has a skin tone with the hair attached. What I am wondering is if you have a parent that shows dominant black hair and carries recessive blonde and I have the parent's skintone installed with both colors am I limited to the specific shade attached to the parent or could either come up? Any thoughts would be appreciated thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:20 PM
I'm not sure if it can be done with infant hair. The only infant hairs I've seen have been brown, since there doesn't seem to be any way for the game to actually select the hair colour, no matter what colour the eyebrows are. If the hair is attached to the skintone, I think you'll be limited to skintone genetics. No idea how it would actually work in the game, since I've never used a skintone with the hair attached. It might be easiest to just try it and find out. Good luck!
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 8:36 PM
Infant hair is available in four textures and four different colors. I definitely plan to try it and see what happens. If it doesn't work I will probably just assign the proper hair and skin color to infants in SimPE.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 9:56 PM
Skintones are essentially clothing, the one your sim is wearing is the one they pass on. Even if you have both black and blonde on a tan skin, and the parent has blonde hair, if they are wearing the black haired skin, thats what the infant will get. For this reason its relatively worthless to have different colored hairs on the same skintone, only one color (having nothing to do with the actually hair color) will ever get picked.

That being said, there is a chance that its possible to do, but I've never seen anyone ever do it before. There is a line in the property set of hair that says skintone and if there is a value in that line then that hair is only available to sims with that skintone. There *might* be a matching hairtone line in a skins property set. You can go and set all the skins to only show for their infant hair colors. As long as the genetic number is the same, genetics shouldn't be a problem.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 1:39 AM
Aren't you talking about the toddlers because infants dont have hair?

i did make some replacements were i linked the bald skull to the toddler texturefiles
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,657.0.html

I think it is possible to add a extra subset to the propertyset wich is linked to a hairfile but its way to long ago....
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Apr 2011 at 3:34 AM
No, OP is talking about baby hairs that have been painted on top of skins. Like these http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=262713
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 7:29 PM
I JUST found this infant hair for Sims 3, uploaded one day ago!! I'm so excited:
http://simblrccresources.tumblr.com...ttle-wisps-hair

I don't know if it's recolorable or not, but I'm just glad to not have bald babies anymore!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:26 PM
You can now get infant hair that isn't attached to a skin and is also genetic made by Theraven. I think her name on here is Simmer22, why not ask her about that kind of hair, as that to me, supersedes hair on a skin. I think she may also be looking at turning hair into an accessory as she has made hats and shoes as accessories for infants now. I know she has a tutorial up on making default and non default baby clothes but I'm not sure if she has one up for hair or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
cobainseahorse - This thread is for The Sims 2, not TS3.

Oops..
Test Subject
#11 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 4:51 AM
Use mastercontrol
Umm people use nrass master control to change the infants clothes and stuff. randome lamas
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 4:52 AM
oh wait this is for ts2 ... ignor what i just posted lol