Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th May 2019 at 7:42 PM
Default Weird glitch with Strangerville
Hi everybody!

I have this weird glitch with strangerville content. Every object that came with strangerville is shown as a debug object and does not have a description or name. I can't do any interactions because it does not show what they are, there is just an empty interaction slot. When I click on it the response is empty as well. Sorry for my bad english and lack of words. I will insert a few screen shots.
I have a few mods installed and was wondering if any of those might be the issue? (Screenshot attached)

Thanks for any help!!!

Mara
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th May 2019 at 12:59 AM
well, have you tried loading a game with no mods at all?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#3 Old 16th May 2019 at 1:29 AM
Since you have so few mods, go ahead and check all of them
start with the UI cheats mod and More CAS columns, as those are handling the UI and it appears to be that yours is broken..

make sure you delete the old files before you install the new ones, don't use Replace to override them
also delete the Localthumbcache file located in your Sims 4 folder.
Smeg Head
#4 Old 16th May 2019 at 4:31 AM
That Zerbu mod is very, very outdated and the XML it uses has been changed several times in patches. You will be missing important club data if you continue to use that version of the mod. Even if it is not the reason for all your missing StrangerVille text stings, it will be messing up other stuff, especially up-to-date club data.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2019 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
That Zerbu mod is very, very outdated and the XML it uses has been changed several times in patches. You will be missing important club data if you continue to use that version of the mod. Even if it is not the reason for all your missing StrangerVille text stings, it will be messing up other stuff, especially up-to-date club data.

Thank you! Do you know if there is a new version of the mod?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 16th May 2019 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Since you have so few mods, go ahead and check all of them
start with the UI cheats mod and More CAS columns, as those are handling the UI and it appears to be that yours is broken..

make sure you delete the old files before you install the new ones, don't use Replace to override them
also delete the Localthumbcache file located in your Sims 4 folder.

Thank you, will try!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2019 at 3:28 PM
I took every mod out and still have the same issues. I took all of them out at once so no mod was in the game.
CC shoulnd't mess with the UI, or does it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2019 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
well, have you tried loading a game with no mods at all?

I just did and still having the issue...
Smeg Head
#9 Old 16th May 2019 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by UndergroundDawn
Thank you! Do you know if there is a new version of the mod?

Turbodriver has very recently released this mod - http://www.modthesims.info/d/626214...ement-mods.html

I'm also currently trying this one myself. It's a script mod, unlike Zerbu's original which is an XML tuning mod.

I did do a rework of the original Zerbu's mod for my own use, as I like to add a great many trait selections for clubs. Not just to have more trait selections for clubs, but also hunting down traits on sims throughout my world, so I can gather them together in one place (with a fake club gathering) and then remove those traits from them. Very handy for this type of quick cleansing.

So far the Turbodriver script mod and my mega trait selection club XML mod work well together.

There's also this from scumbumbo - http://www.modthesims.info/d/616973/club-utils.html

And I'll post the search results page from this site for all other club-related mods. Though I cannot vouch if all are up to date - http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...go=Go&gs=4&f=38

Hopefully this should give you a clearer picture for what you're looking for. But definitely rethink the ancient Zerbu mod you're currently using. Not good.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th May 2019 at 7:45 PM
Turbodriver has very recently released this mod - http://www.modthesims.info/d/626214...ement-mods.html

I'm also currently trying this one myself. It's a script mod, unlike Zerbu's original which is an XML tuning mod.

I did do a rework of the original Zerbu's mod for my own use, as I like to add a great many trait selections for clubs. Not just to have more trait selections for clubs, but also hunting down traits on sims throughout my world, so I can gather them together in one place (with a fake club gathering) and then remove those traits from them. Very handy for this type of quick cleansing.

So far the Turbodriver script mod and my mega trait selection club XML mod work well together.

There's also this from scumbumbo - http://www.modthesims.info/d/616973/club-utils.html

And I'll post the search results page from this site for all other club-related mods. Though I cannot vouch if all are up to date - http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...go=Go&gs=4&f=38

Hopefully this should give you a clearer picture for what you're looking for. But definitely rethink the ancient Zerbu mod you're currently using. Not good.

Thanks so much! I removed the Zerbu Mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2019 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
I have no idea what the issue might be but just wanted to say your house looks really cute

Lol what house? And thank you
Field Researcher
#12 Old 17th May 2019 at 6:32 AM
This is probably an obvious suggestion, but if you've removed all mods and still have the glitch with CC left in, I'd remove all the CC too (and clear the thumbnails and such, think the instructions for that is in the Help section here) and see if the glitch is still there. If it isn't, well, then you know the issue is somewhere in your CC and you'll have to do the tedious but sometimes necessary 50/50 method until you find the culprit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 17th May 2019 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ry�chan
This is probably an obvious suggestion, but if you've removed all mods and still have the glitch with CC left in, I'd remove all the CC too (and clear the thumbnails and such, think the instructions for that is in the Help section here) and see if the glitch is still there. If it isn't, well, then you know the issue is somewhere in your CC and you'll have to do the tedious but sometimes necessary 50/50 method until you find the culprit.

Thanks, will give it a go!
Off I go for hours of work lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th May 2019 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ry�chan

So, I have done all of that, took out all CC and all Mods and still have the glitch. After I took all Mods the UI of my Gallery and game in general went back to normal, but everything Strangerville still has no text...
Field Researcher
#15 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by UndergroundDawn
So, I have done all of that, took out all CC and all Mods and still have the glitch. After I took all Mods the UI of my Gallery and game in general went back to normal, but everything Strangerville still has no text...

So you have removed ALL mods and ALL CC, AND cleared out your thumbnails and whatnot (don't have the list of those you clear out here, so forgive me for being vague), and the glitch still persists? And you've updated your game? I honestly have no idea what it could be then, if you've made doubly sure not to have anything custom made in your game at all and it is still there. Hope someone smart can come up with something to help you (maybe try posting in the Help forum as well), that is as far as I knew how to do anything, sorry.
Smeg Head
#16 Old 21st May 2019 at 5:58 AM
Sometimes mods can change (break) things in game, that even after they are removed, the effects go on until they are rewritten.

If all else has failed and the error continues, then it's time to bring out the big guns. Delete your The Sims 4 folder and make the game create a new one.

Open The Sims 4 folder. Take out the Mods folder, the Saves folder, any of the Options and Settings ini files if you've done any game setups and preferences you want to keep. Tray folder too if you have anything in there you want to keep. Screenshots you might like? Then delete The Sims 4 folder. Start game. then choose to quit game at options. The game has generated a new The Sims 4 folder. Put all other folders and files back in, making sure all mods are up to date. Start game again and see if the StrangerVille text strings have come back. The persisting influence of any removed mods will now be cleared away- if that was the reason.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 22nd May 2019 at 9:21 PM
Sometimes mods can change (break) things in game, that even after they are removed, the effects go on until they are rewritten.

If all else has failed and the error continues, then it's time to bring out the big guns. Delete your The Sims 4 folder and make the game create a new one.

Open The Sims 4 folder. Take out the Mods folder, the Saves folder, any of the Options and Settings ini files if you've done any game setups and preferences you want to keep. Tray folder too if you have anything in there you want to keep. Screenshots you might like? Then delete The Sims 4 folder. Start game. then choose to quit game at options. The game has generated a new The Sims 4 folder. Put all other folders and files back in, making sure all mods are up to date. Start game again and see if the StrangerVille text strings have come back. The persisting influence of any removed mods will now be cleared away- if that was the reason.

After nothing of all the suugestions worked....repairing the game with origin did the trick lol
Tahnk you for your help! <3