Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2018 at 1:32 AM Last edited by Fyren5 : 29th Oct 2018 at 1:47 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How do I get rid of duplicate existing hair in CAS?
Hey everyone.

I installed most, if not all, of these hairs by Melodie9 for my Toddlers & Children.

My issue is that the hair not only appears for toddlers (which is what I wanted)... It appears on some Children which is also what I wanted, except 1 or 2 already exist. Most Teens, all Adults & all Elders also have most, if not all of these hairstyles already. So there's the original hair and then there's a "custom content" version of the hair which is exactly the same..

If these lifestages already have the hair, why am I getting another one? Is it for it to work on Toddlers? I just find it annoying because it loads really slow in game going through the hairstyles when there's duplicates. Is there a way to fix this or to hide the "Custom" duplicate hair?

Thanks in advance! :lovestruc

Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 5:46 PM
I know for one hairstyle to work, you have to have it for all the other ages for custom hairs. If you delete the hair in teen or adult age, it will delete it for child and toddler too. I think the best thing is to ignore it. Not sure if there is a way to hide it.
Alchemist
#3 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 7:39 PM
following is a tutorial for removing hair.
http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ima...ir_recolors.pdf

removing one age from a custom hair; the other ages would actually have their hair. the one age would actually have the age's default hair. unless the age/gender combination has another custom hair of the same "family" (family line in Property Set same as the hair removed); I think "hair" line would also need to be the same.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 10:05 PM
In SimPE you can set the "age" and "gender" lines in the PropertySet to 0 for all the ages you want to disable. It's easy, and is possible to reset if you change your mind (basically just change the age/gender back to what they were).

You can also delete the PropertySet for the age you want to remove. This is difficult to reset, so don't do it if there's a chance you'll change your mind.

Make sure you leave any between ages intact (for instance don't delete child and keep toddler and teen), or you'll get some issues with aging up.

HOWEVER, if you delete the duplicate hairs, they won't properly mix with the ingame hairs (not sure if they do now), so you may want to get a hider for the duplicate maxis hairs instead. It's better to keep the full set that allows for growing up wearing the hair.