Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SimPe - How can I remove "name title box" appearing above some CC?
Hi,
I am curious if somebody knows where in SimPE can I find and remove the box with name appearing above some custom content when your mouse cursor is pointing to it. For example this fringe from TS4 Parenthood. When I open this fridge in SimPe, then Catalog Description and when I remove the name "Modern Face Value Fridge", in game it is simply replaced by the second string "4t2 conversion by beautifulnerdkitty" (still showing the box when I focus my mouse on the fridge). So removing the string doesn't help. Is there some reference for the box to show up or something?

The box with the name is really annoying.

Thank you so much I hope you understand what I mean (sorry for my english).
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 7:55 PM
Try this:
Code:
Open the package with SimPE and edit the Object Data (Raw Data tab): locate field 0x002B ("Tooltip Name Type"), in section "Miscellaneous" and set it to ZERO.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12440.0.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Try this:
Code:
Open the package with SimPE and edit the Object Data (Raw Data tab): locate field 0x002B ("Tooltip Name Type"), in section "Miscellaneous" and set it to ZERO.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,12440.0.html

Thank you But what if the Raw tab is empty?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 11:10 AM
@LaraHCroft : IME, the Raw tab often appears empty when viewing the Object Data until I switch away from it, then switch back. After that, the Raw data appears normally. For me, at least, it's usually enough to switch to the Catalog tab and back to the Raw tab.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
@LaraHCroft : IME, the Raw tab often appears empty when viewing the Object Data until I switch away from it, then switch back. After that, the Raw data appears normally. For me, at least, it's usually enough to switch to the Catalog tab and back to the Raw tab.

Who would have thought it appears after switching tabs... Thank you so much, now the annoying tooltip is gone
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 8:55 PM
Hooray! Well done @LaraHCroft and thanks for the info @dharden ! :D