Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2151 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 12:35 AM
Proud family was good it had the family matters mama as the grandma voice. is penny the one in the red shirt with black hair?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2152 Old 10th Nov 2018 at 1:37 AM
Indeed she is.

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#2153 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 6:04 AM
Akira what's his face from San Myshuno stayed the night at my sim's lot. I get the notification where he's saying he has to leave for work. He gets out of bed, changes from his pjs into...the nude?...and proceeds to potty walk all the way out into the street.

What even is this game lmao
Scholar
#2154 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 9:22 AM
Sooo my sim Henrik gained 1 fame level. His brother Erik is close behind. I want them to be famous Hall of Famers, because that's what they are...just minus the fame.

Thought I would get them some positive reputation. Sent them volunteering with their little boys on a freezing Harvest fest (what better way to show thankfulness than to give back?)... noted that Erik was starting to get chilled and then freeze, and then the two boys... fortunately they should be okay, because I use the UI mod to delete those negative moods and they turned back from blue to normal skin color. This all happened despite them wearing WINTER clothes. So keep an eye on your sims who are volunteering!!

And in the same household, how do I put this? Their teenage son became a father. No, I didn't plan that because Im not one of those simmers that does teen pregnancy/parenthood stories for fun. It surprised the heck out of me when I discovered the mother was pregnate.

I only did a teen pregnancy ONCE several years ago with a teen who was almost a YA who married a YA who had just aged up. I had another late teen marriage besides that but they didn't have children until they became YA because from what I understood babies of teens do not get their parent's features. Interestingly, the baby of the teen mom and YA dad, looks like the dad...exactly.

Anyway, Magnus is a teen and a father and is finding it very difficult. He doesn't seem to make the baby very happy, other than when he feeds it and changes its diapers. He's trying though. He even got a job and gives the mother gifts of simoleons to help buy food, diapers, ect. When the baby is 2, I'll have him take over custody of her.

Being a teen dad is tough, it's not glamorous. But he's trying his best.

The mother didn't have enough money for basic paint...
Forum Resident
#2155 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 10:20 AM
Haven't played sims in forever. I had a weird bug: whenever sims were working or going to school and you traveled with a sim that was still at home, the other sims left work/school. That made it hard to play my legacy and I was afraid the new patch wouldn't fix it but it luckily did so I was able to install GF. My legacy hasn't progressed enough to focus on making the next heiress a star like I had planned before the bug occured, so I've decided to use the new EP to determin who even would be my next heiress.

These two girls are eligible and the original story to determin who would inherit the legacy was that Artemis (the oldest one) is an ugly duckling and Minerva is a pretty one and whoever would grow up to be a swan would have to be chosen. That's pretty shallow, so GF gave me an opportunity to create a more fitting competition.

I've created an alternative save and aged both of them up to YA and made them move into the new city. Eventhough they are competitors, thanks to them never having the falling out their father and his brother had at one point to determin the heir, they're actually good friends and are looking forward to a good contest. Whoever gets to be a five star celebrity first will inherit the legacy. The real rules state that the heiress can never leave the legacy house so thats why I'm taking this route (also, I'm way too impatient to wait until both would have grown up).

The story behind Artemis is that she's learned the hard way how much styling can influence a sim's look and confidence and that's why she's trying her luck as a style influencer.

Minerva has always been admired by everyone, so she's gotten a little too self-involved and thinks she will make it onto the big screen. Her sister told her to go for the cute-relatable look and so she did.
Lab Assistant
#2156 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 12:17 PM
In two separate saves my sims have thrown a dinner party for the holidays and invited Nina Caliente, and in both saves, while my sim was cooking the grand meal, she came up while it was in the oven, while my sim was still in the process of cooking it, opened the oven, took it out, and threw it away. What, I just what, what is...with her, w hy
Scholar
#2157 Old 17th Nov 2018 at 8:10 PM
Okay so I said that I was surprised at the pregnancy that occured between Magnus and his partner, (as this was not their first encounter) but when I checked my settings it was in unsafe mode for NCPs. It explains it.

Now as for children of teens NOT inheriting their parent's features, I submit this as a counter argument.

The daughter (bottom, obviously) has her mother's eyes for sure, but that nose profile, that mouth shape, that clefty chin, and those EARS (luumia's preset ears are the only inheritable ears...) are all from her father. Magnus was born in game and also got his ears from his dad.
Forum Resident
#2159 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:35 AM
Default Haters Are My Motivators
Both my girls are two star celebrities now and I've gotta tell you, it's pretty hard getting famous. You definitely can't do it on accident. Artemis, who is a style influencer, has her own social media fashion blog, sells her sketches, celebrity pics and writes for a fashion magazine and she's still just slightly above her sister's fame level, who is mainly focused on acting in silly commercials and eating the cookies her agency sends her on the regular.

Anyways, to keep it fair, I had to give Minerva a second fame "income", too. Actors only get a dose of that sweet plus fame every second day and her level drops every second it seems (she lost a star at some point). She had to learn to sing and to play the guitar for this...awesome gig in a kids show and so she has trained these abilites to show them off.

Apparently, she's gotten good enough to accumulate...haters. But I guess Minerva is that kind of girl to love stuff like this. "Ah, this thin, blonde and rich girl hates me! I've made it big!"

But what do you do if a more famous person is stealing your thunder? Is he loud and obnoxiuos or are you just jealous?

"Ehm...hellohoo?! Now he is literally blocking me from everyone's side. You don't want anyobody to find out that I'm better than you!"

"I'm not jealous, but this guy doesn't deserve all his fame. He isn't even a great live performer, it's all auto-tune. Not hating, just saying!!!"
dodgy builder
#2160 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 3:29 PM
I'm building a mansion and has a family of 2 adults, 2 teens, 1 kids, a toddler, and a cat and dog.

The house seems to work very nicely.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#2161 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 6:19 PM
Mr Clement Frost's kids are disappearing, camera constantly jumping while I'm trying to pan and zoom, visitors can just walk in to my house, shortly bugs and glitches are happening.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Scholar
#2162 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 8:44 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 18th Nov 2018 at 10:17 PM.
When Marielle was 3, her mother dropped her off on Saturday for his weekend custody visit. She was supposed to pick her up by Monday, 6 am. But she never returned. Eventually, she signed over her parental rights to Magnus. She wanted a career and was sick of sacrificing everything for Marielle. But Magnus could not live with his parents and care for her (house is full lool), so he and his cousin Axel (whom he grew up with) bought their former childhood home, from the small inheritance they earned. He's also now getting parental financial assistance so it helps.

But it's been tough. Potty accidents.

Teenage meltdowns. Learning your actions have consequences.

Toddler waking up at 5:20 am, and you notice you were so exhausted from work that you fell asleep in your work clothes...

But....

Moments like these make it almost worth it..

Almost...

(Again this was not planned, I was as surprised as he was by this)
Forum Resident
#2163 Old 18th Nov 2018 at 11:56 PM
where you get the toddler hair from spidergirl?
Scholar
#2164 Old 19th Nov 2018 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
where you get the toddler hair from spidergirl?

From Sim, Laugh, Love: https://simlaughlove.tumblr.com/pos...l-simblreen2017 It appears to be part of this 'simblreen' pack, I think I just picked the hair out of the zip file because I don't recall those other items being in my game!
Lab Assistant
#2165 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 1:27 PM
One of my Slob Sims has moved house and is living in the new neighborhood that came with get famous, along with his wife and three kids. I moved their house over with them. Main Slob has now moved to the actor career. He has so far been in two adverts and is learning the guitar which has upset his whole family. They have acquired a dog that is very angry all the time. It’s also very smelly all the time. Meanwhile a helpful neighbor came over and potty trained the toddler, who’s name is Blister. Blister Slob. Fantastic name. Vlad the Vampire came over and left quite quickly without biting anyone. I wasn’t surprised as I wouldn’t bite one of the Slobs either. Verukka Slob is now in the Culinary career and is cooking and making drinks all day long. She particularly likes making drinks. I have a mod which changes the names so she is very fond of Vodka. The twins are spending most of their time outdoors. I’m wondering what they’ll be like as teens. Anyhow waiting to see if Buster becomes famous. Thrills.
Scholar
#2166 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 9:14 PM
Things are pretty good for Magnus, his a daughter Marielle, and Axel, his cousin.. (Happy to report the mod NO TODDLER SPARKLE still works)

I forgot that I can approach teh sims at different angles using the sims 3 camera. I find the camera exceedingly hard to use and control, so I prefer the 4 camera, but I am finding 3 useful for screen shots and rotating objects in buildmode.

Magnus finally got himself a real girlfriend his own age. Terri Dismond, who is a game generated (townie?) sim (from a family of 4 actually). She's not the mother of his child.

I'm really loving how I decorated their home. It's the same house they grew up in, but I gave it a retro vibe. I used the new BB objects from GF, but I also used some custom content from creator SOLORIYA (TSR) called "Atomic"... which is amazing quality Maxis match retro cc.

I have no recollection where the wallpaper is from. If I find it, perhaps I can find retro flooring too. That's harder to come by. ALso, I built this house, and it's based on the layout of a real house I used to clean.
Forum Resident
#2167 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 12:32 AM
i did not know child sims could use the hottub
Screenshots
Scholar
#2168 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 10:41 PM
Nothing! Friggin game would NOT START at all today, tried clearing origin cache, doing a clean boot, finally I am literally reinstalling Sims 4 from the ground up, have wasted over 1 hour 40 minutes doing this, now another who knows how long to reinstall EVERYTHING. Swear to god if it doesn't start after this I will personally throw my PC out the window. Because what changed between NOW and yesterday when it worked/launched fine?!

I'm sure it's not a mod/save that's causing this. Nevertheless I backed up EVERYTHING so I'm not worried about losing anything. But just UGH THE TIME WASTED.
Scholar
#2169 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Nothing! Friggin game would NOT START at all today, tried clearing origin cache, doing a clean boot, finally I am literally reinstalling Sims 4 from the ground up, have wasted over 1 hour 40 minutes doing this, now another who knows how long to reinstall EVERYTHING. Swear to god if it doesn't start after this I will personally throw my PC out the window. Because what changed between NOW and yesterday when it worked/launched fine?!

I'm sure it's not a mod/save that's causing this. Nevertheless I backed up EVERYTHING so I'm not worried about losing anything. But just UGH THE TIME WASTED.

Did you have any Windows updates? Possibly that could have thrown a wrench into things?
Scholar
#2170 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:36 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 22nd Nov 2018 at 6:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Did you have any Windows updates? Possibly that could have thrown a wrench into things?

Nope, nothing new. If one of my saves was corrupt, I understand that I can restore an old save, and I've done that before. Don't see why a corrupt save would prevent the game from launching. I have two separate game saves, different families in each one. I have only played ONE since getting GF. Once everything is installed (sigh), I'm going to try running the game without mods first. Actually once the basegame is installed I'll see if it can launch.

EDIT: The basegame launched successfully without mods. My current SAVE launched successfully without mods. So I don't think anything is corrupt. I can't explain why my game wouldn't launch. ETA: Runs fully installed. Households all saved to library, nothings corrupt. ETA: Everything is installed, all mods in, and running. I think I need to really cull CC I dont use... I think I narrowed it down to a cc that may have been preventing my game from starting. Sorry for the off topic... I'll leave now!
Test Subject
#2171 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:48 AM
So I don't normally post here, but something happened that I had to share. My actress sim decided to go to the Ward household for Christmas where she came upon none other than Don Lothario and two toddlers. At first I thought that they were twins but after checking their parents... turns out that Katrina Caliente is the mother of one and Judith is the mother of the other. So yep.
Scholar
#2172 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 12:26 AM
Game's alive folks! I don't know what happened... all I can guess is it was a cache problem or a bad CC problem that was preventing my game from starting. Still, I saved all my families to the library so they're safe, just in case. (Plus I have back up saves...)

Anyway, Because of the aging bug, Sterlings twin daughters are about 8 days apart in age. So I've paused the age of the older sister so her sister can catch up, and then I'll age them to about a week past 25 days old (as teens) and THEN I'll probably go play another household to age another teen (one of their boyfriends.).

In the meantime, I entered Claire into the ACTING career, path to fame. So hopefully she'll gain at least one star by the time I'm ready to switch. Her husband Sterling is on the path to fame too, but he'll be a Celebrity Chef instead.

I love seeing him through her eyes. :lovestruc :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#2173 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 7:10 AM

After GF installed, my Newcrest park becomes more lively. This is the first time I see all of the NPCs are actually scattered and do something!
Field Researcher
#2174 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 5:26 PM
After having my sim Chloe lose a ton of weight as a teenager, I realized she wasn't fat. She just has "child bearing" hips and a big rear.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Scholar
#2175 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 2:11 AM
Claire Woodward is now level 4 in her career, having a lot of fun with this. She's half way to her second celeb star. Her husband Sterling is a bit behind, as he's a celeb chef and there are less opportunities to gain fame. I'm okay with that.

Way too fun!

Nice family dinner in 1st person! I just love this! Apparently if your sim is looking the wrong way after leaving 1st person, go back to 1st person and hit cntrl. Anytime you are in 1st person, before you leave, if you'e been controlling your sims head, hit cntrl to give control back to your sim and then leave. It's supposed to resolve the head turning bug.

Sterling's teen son, Heath, has gotten himself a girlfriend! That's Morgan Fryes, with a makeover!! I only made her nose a little wider, changed her brows and most of her makeup and outfits. She's actually a fairly pretty sim on her own.

She called him at 8:30 in the damn morning for their first date so I made it worth his while (and hers) and made them boy friend and girlfriend.
Page 87 of 104