Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4276 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 3:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
====
sounds like I need it, found it; but I won't be able to tell if that will include infamous "extra" stuff

Not as far as I know.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#4277 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 7:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
====
sounds like I need it, found it; but I won't be able to tell if that will include infamous "extra" stuff

I've used coffeecuphack for years. It's a very useful hack and doesn't seem to conflict with anything. I don't think it has any "extra" features besides what's described in the readme. At the very least it's a huge sanity saver.
Mad Poster
#4278 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 7:20 PM
Bulbizzare, if you use macrotastics, use that to pay bills. Cancels the walk ten miles to hide bills action about three steps from the mailbox, whereupon the sim drops them on the ground, then picks them up and pays them. Also finds bills they autonomously snuck out and hid somewhere. (Dixie Land, I'm looking at you!)

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#4279 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 8:09 PM
Nowadays, I don't even bother to get the mail for that very reason (hiking all over, put it down, taking it back to the mailbox, etc.); I use the pay bills option on Monique's computer. Now in my mansions and large apartment complexes, no one goes to get the mail unless there's actual mail.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#4280 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 9:22 PM
Ugh, is there a way to prevent sims from walking into another sim's home without permission? I'm glad that all my sims are friends and all, but I wish they'll stop walking into each other's home. At least ring the door bell first, geez.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Inventor
#4281 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 10:15 PM
To prevent sims from walking in without being greeted, there is kestrellyn's mod: https://modthesims.info/d/615481/st...ourself-in.html

Another option for bill-paying without the mailbox trek is Sim Wardrobe's automatic bill payer. I tend to use it for sims that I feel would have an accountant or would be the sort to set up autopay for their bills. I'm guessing it should be available in the link in Bulbizarre's post.
Mad Poster
#4282 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Bulbizzare, if you use macrotastics, use that to pay bills. Cancels the walk ten miles to hide bills action about three steps from the mailbox, whereupon the sim drops them on the ground, then picks them up and pays them. Also finds bills they autonomously snuck out and hid somewhere. (Dixie Land, I'm looking at you!)

I usually use Macrotastics, but I was waiting for another Sim to return from work before paying the bills.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#4283 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
babies asking adults to read to them,it triggers me.

Tell me about it!
Kid returns from school bringing along a friend. Instead of playing with his friend, he goes upstairs, enters his parents' bedroom, waits for them to finish woohooing and then asks his father to read to him. When his fathers goes to fetch the book the kid goes downstairs to play with his friend. I'm not sure this particular kid will make it to adulthood.

About bill paying...
Fractured Moonlight at Plumb Bob Keep has created some deco objects with Sim Wardrobe's automatic bill payer. It is under Day 2.
Mad Poster
#4284 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 3:31 PM
I hate clothing with black blotches on it. Especially when I can't get them off in Milkshape.
Top Secret Researcher
#4285 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
"Miss this object" is also the worst--mainly because it stomps out the ENTIRE morning queue.

I think TwoJeffs' No Whining About Missing/Stolen Objects fix this issue.
Mad Poster
#4286 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:58 PM
It does @Nalia . I have used that mod for years and haven't seen "miss this object" for those years.
Lab Assistant
#4287 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 8:03 PM
I've never seen that happen
Quote: Originally posted by Nalia
Kid returns from school bringing along a friend. Instead of playing with his friend, he goes upstairs, enters his parents' bedroom, waits for them to finish woohooing and then asks his father to read to him. When his fathers goes to fetch the book the kid goes downstairs to play with his friend.

My sims' kids apparently have NO inclination whatsoever to interact with their "friends", they only play with them if I tell them to.
The idea of reading to a toddler/kid is nice, but the timing is off unless the bookcase is right next to the parent sim.
Scholar
#4288 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 9:14 PM
When Sims autonomously flirt with someone that wasn't my plan for them. Bianca Monty decided to flirt & romantically hug Oberon Gossamer... Nope, not happening. When I reach their household(s), I'm removing the crushes they obtained and pretending like it never happened.
Mad Poster
#4289 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 9:19 PM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 22nd Nov 2018 at 11:42 PM.
@Fyren5 - In one of my old 'hoods, Denise Jacquet tried to booty-call a teenaged Johnny Smith. In my current one, Melody Tinker (17) and Geoff Rutherford (30) snuck off to the hot tub...while Melody had a locked want to go steady with Geoff's nephew. Yikes.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4290 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 1:04 PM
Yesterday, I sent a pregnant Sylvia-Marie Mashuga out to dig for treasure. She couldn't because the one spot in the whole BIG yard she wanted to uproot had a magazine on it.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#4291 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 9:59 PM
Yeah, in my game, it's like the more "married" the sim is, the more likely they also have three bolts with someone else than their lover. Which of course ends in cheating with ACR. I want faithful sims for once ;__;
Mad Poster
#4292 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 10:12 PM
I'm not sure if spouses being triple-bolters is any better. They often do weird things like prepare dinner in the bathroom next to where the spouse is sleeping.

Mad Poster
#4293 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 5:41 AM
Or ignoring the kitchen sink next to them an going up up a bunch of stairs to wash the dishes in the bathroom their three bolt spouse is taking a shower. Ugh. They drive me up the wall. I tend to prefer solid two bolt spouses. They tend not to cheat and don't drive me up the wall with three bolt stupidity.

You can use the ACR options to disable cheating.
Mad Poster
#4294 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 6:08 AM
Three bolts isn't love. Three bolts is an obsessed stalker.
Mad Poster
#4295 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 6:54 AM

Yes. Checo, considering your previous lack of interest in any form of art, I'm sure it's the towel rack hidden behind the shower curtain that you're interested in.

Mad Poster
#4296 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 10:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I'm not sure if spouses being triple-bolters is any better. They often do weird things like prepare dinner in the bathroom next to where the spouse is sleeping.

Why is the spouse sleeping in the bathroom?
Mad Poster
#4297 Old 24th Nov 2018 at 10:44 AM
The bathroom next to the bedroom where the spouse is sleeping. I should have been more clear.

Mad Poster
#4298 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 9:07 AM
Whenever I attempt to modify a hack anything more complex than editing a pie menu, I tend to completely break the damn thing. I have no idea how people manage to make them from scratch.

Mad Poster
#4299 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
Or ignoring the kitchen sink next to them an going up up a bunch of stairs to wash the dishes in the bathroom their three bolt spouse is taking a shower. Ugh. They drive me up the wall. I tend to prefer solid two bolt spouses. They tend not to cheat and don't drive me up the wall with three bolt stupidity.

I like two bolters, too. If you put them together, they often develop the third bolt over time. It's like a good, solid marriage. It grows as they age.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#4300 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon

is it possible to disable cheating without ACR, like with some other stand-alone mod? bc i like the monogamy aspect but not the constant woohooing/ romance interactions that ive seen. plus i dont think - with the mods i have now - ACR would even be compatible.
Page 172 of 274