Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#4301 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 6:48 PM
I think ACR IS compatible with anything. And you CAN control the "constant woohing/romance". That's the main reason I have it; so I don't see my Oldies hitting on random people when I go to a community lot!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#4302 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 7:08 PM
I have to agree with grammapat, ACR is highly customizable and plays nice with a lot of things, unlike Inteen. However, since ACR isn't everyone's thing, pescado's romance mod should prevent cheating. Here's the description:

1. Sims can now exhibit loyalty to existing relationships and do not randomly fall in love with anyone who happens to flirt with them. Pleasure sims have resistance only when in a committed relationship, Romance sims have none. All other sims have resistance values if they already are in a relationship. This value increases with level of commitment. Object-assisted actions not presently supported and bypass this check. Still provides defense against cow attack!
2. Sexual orientation of a sim now actually matters! A very straight sim will decline homosexual interactions and vice-versa.
3. Sim-jealousy will make more sense: Romance/Pleasure sims, depending on personality (Nice + Playful +Outgoing >= 15), are more likely to have "open" relationships (Pleasure sims only do this outside of commitments), and will not become jealous (although some are simply hypocrites who think the rules apply to everyone but them and pleasure sims), and sims will no longer spaz at random people for no discernibly sensible reason. Romance sims should never spaz. It is no longer defined as "cheating" if you are not in an actual committed relationship, and you will not have knives-memories or "caught cheating" fears satisfied unless you are actually caught by a partner in a committed relationship (steady/engaged/married).
4. Flower rage is stomped. Sims no longer spaz out when looking at a date reward, since these have no timestamp and could pertain to a preexisting relationship or one that no longer exists.

Romance mod is part of the director's cut and you can find it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,8.0.html

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#4303 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I have to agree with grammapat, ACR is highly customizable and plays nice with a lot of things, unlike Inteen. However, since ACR isn't everyone's thing, pescado's romance mod should prevent cheating.

Romance mod is part of the director's cut and you can find it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s.../topic,8.0.html

What does "Object-assisted actions not presently supported and bypass this check." mean? Sorry for a silly question. I might install that Mod. I won't need the "NO Jealousy unless Engaged, Married, Going Steady" Mod anymore.
Alchemist
#4304 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 8:59 PM
If you have any objects that allow romantic options, like say a hacked bed, couch, hot tub, etc. they won't be affected.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Mad Poster
#4305 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 2:07 AM
This one's a very minor pet peeve: I love Windkeeper's mailbox shelf. But I have some nice mailbox recolours and it covers them up.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4306 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
This one's a very minor pet peeve: I love Windkeeper's mailbox shelf. But I have some nice mailbox recolours and it covers them up.

I think that you can get recolours of the mailbox cover itself.
Mad Poster
#4307 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 5:28 AM
Are there any invisible recolours? That could work. I expect it'd be a bit weird to see the mail floating mid-air though.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4308 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 5:42 AM
Are there any invisible recolours? That could work. I expect it'd be a bit weird to see the mail floating mid-air though.

As usual, Michelle provides. http://modthesims.info/d/566206
Mad Poster
#4309 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 5:56 AM
Of course she'd have some. I'll install them. Thank you.

Mad Poster
#4310 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 7:07 AM

Poppet also made some nice recolors of Windkeeper's mailbox cover. The download includes Poppet's 18 recolors and Pescado's edit of the mailbox cover that only allows sims to put mail on the shelf (no coffee cups, newspapers, etc.). This is part of a much larger Easter/Birthday collection and there's a lot of other stuff in the download.
http://poppet-sims.tumblr.com/post/83310489924

I use Simler90's Romantic Standards mod, which apparently supports loyalty (I have a hard time understanding some of the readme for it). It has some similar features to Pescado's Romance Mod, but seems to be more extensive and of course it's currently being supported and updated. If I understand this correctly, it appears that sims with more bolts are more likely to be loyal to their significant others.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/609030...-standards.html

Quote: Originally posted by Simler90
- In UPDATE 21, I made it so that if a sim has an attraction of lower than -24 towards their most attractive crush/love, they can't show loyalty towards that sim. I am changing it. Sims can now always show loyalty towards their most attractive crush/love. What I do is that if their attraction is lower than -24, then I go ahead and set the threshold to -25 anyway.
- Before this update, the game increased the threshold by +35 if the sim had both a crush and love on their most attractive crush/love. This meant that if a sim got a crush or love, but not both, on someone else that they found slightly more attractive, the threshold would actually be decreased, because the +35 threshold increase for having both crush and love would be lost. This update makes it so that the game considers whether this new crush or love would increase the previous threshold, if so it sets the new crush or love as the most attractive crush/love. So, Sim A finds Sim B as attractive as 20 points and has both a crush and love, so the base threshold would be 55, and Sim A finds Sim C as attractive as 25 points and only has a crush. Before this update, the game would consider Sim C as the most attractive crush/love and set the threshold to 25, but now it sees that the threshold would be higher with Sim B, so it sets Sim B as the most attractive crush/love.
Mad Poster
#4311 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 7:29 AM
I'll check those out too. Recolours are always nice.

I thought I was the only one who had problems understanding simler90's readmes. I love their mods, though.

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4312 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 10:41 AM

Honeywell's buildset has a version of the windkeeper shelf edited by Pescado: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=615151

That version works better than the windkeeper one.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#4313 Old 27th Nov 2018 at 8:11 PM
The pothole / cracked tarmac floor tile doesn't actually match up with any other floor tiles, making it essentially useless.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Inventor
#4314 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:16 AM Last edited by Sketching : 28th Nov 2018 at 11:32 AM.
I can understand it being different for double beds and single beds, but I wish that beddings were coded differently so that we don't have to regenerate the thumbnails for every single bed. Sometimes I think, oh, this bedding might actually go well with this other bed - and then I remember that it's all the way at the end of the assortment and I haven't regenerated the thumbnails for the second bed yet.

(Maybe I just have too many beddings... I suppose it's wish fulfilment. )
Mad Poster
#4315 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:26 AM
@Sketching - My thumbnails cache recently corrupted. It was not fun regenerating 500+ beddings for each bed.

Inventor
#4316 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 11:54 AM Last edited by Sketching : 28th Nov 2018 at 7:29 PM.
I shudder at the thought of regenerating 740 bedding thumbnails per bed. When I had to buy new beds in-game recently, I just ended up re-using the same beds if I didn't have time to recreate the thumbnails.

That's 738 more beddings than I have in real life. Ah, the beauty of virtual shopping.
Mad Poster
#4317 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 7:16 PM
This is why I regularly backup my thumbnails folder along with neighborhoods, downloads, etc.
Inventor
#4318 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 7:35 PM
Oh, wait, I read it wrong (darn glasses) - I meant that I deleted all of my thumbnails since I cleaned up one of my TS2 folders and have to regenerate them. Sigh... I don't even want to think about regenerating the CAS thumbnails as well. At least I only have about 5 colors per hair including the grays, but the beddings...
Mad Poster
#4319 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 1:58 AM
I can't quite remember what happened with mine, though I think I removed a piece of CC and it began to crash the catalog until I removed the thumbnails file.

Mad Poster
#4320 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 12:34 AM
Pet peeve: I want to play TS2, but there's a bad storm here and the power keeps getting knocked out.

Scholar
#4321 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 12:39 AM
Pet Peeve: When there's food in the pet bowls and the pets just won't eat it. I have controlpets on in my startup.cheat file but even when I try clicking on the food bowl, there's no option to eat! Selling and re-buying them didn't do anything. Hopefully it was just a glitch in the household and not with my neighborhood....
Mad Poster
#4322 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 12:45 AM
@Fyren5 - It's a known glitch with pet bowls. If resetting the pet (use moveobjects to delete them, save, and then reload the lot; they'll reappear by the mailbox) doesn't work, Pescado has a bowl converted from Pet Stories that often works. As a bonus, Sims won't turn it around to face the wall.

Alternatively, you can also use the chew treat and fish treat to fill their hunger bar.

Scholar
#4323 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 12:46 AM
@Fyren5 - It's a known glitch with pet bowls. Pescado has a bowl converted from Pet Stories that doesn't suffer this glitch. As a bonus, Sims won't turn it around to face the wall.

Alternatively, you can also use the chew treat and fish treat to fill their hunger bar.

Thank you, will add it into my game now! Glad it's nothing to do with my game being buggy, haha!
Mad Poster
#4324 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 12:47 AM
I edited my post a bit. Resetting the pet through moveobjects can sometimes fix the issue too.

Alchemist
#4325 Old 30th Nov 2018 at 2:18 AM
So you go through your downloads folder and you actually delete some stuff. You never use it anyway and it's just been sitting there in your downloads for for ages. Time to get rid of it.

Then you load up your game, load one of your sim's houses or a community lot and then, yup, some walls are missing. Or floors. Turns out you actually did use that.

Page 173 of 274