Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 21st Jan 2005 at 7:55 PM Last edited by mcmikey : 24th Jan 2005 at 10:58 PM.
Quote:
Edit: 24/01/05
Ignore this, cos it doesn't really work!
You can get one uniform, but it is not BodyShop editable.

To retain thread / reply integrity, I haven't deleted the post.

I've got the Super Chef cracked.

I started out by looking for the MATD files, and found two!

1st) afbodysuperchef_chinapurple_reflected_txmt
This referenced the TXTR file reflectionsparking-envcube and uubodysuperchef-chinapurple

2nd) afbodysuperchef_chinapurple_txmt
This referenced only the TXTR file uubodysuperchef-chinapurple

I also had a search, and couldn't find any bump files for the skin.

I had a play about with the first MATD, using the reflection texture in place of the bump, but couldn't get anywhere with it.

So, I moved to the second MATD, and revised my process as follows:

In step 1, I created a base project that didn't include a bump layer (I used the 'default' untucked shirt and trousers skin)

Step 5 and 10 - ignored 'cos there is no bump file

Err, that's it!

It opens in bodyshop and new projects can be created from it.

I've added the package to this post, so have a browse throught it with SimPE if that'll help you understand.

HTH

Mike
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AF_SuperChef_CP.zip (26.9 KB, 100 downloads) - View custom content

I am not a number, I am a free man
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 1:20 AM
try creating a project, edit the skin, then re-import it and see if it changes, I have a feeling, it's the first txmt file
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#53 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 3:06 AM
I'm moving this to Tutorials so it doesn't get lost

RG
Test Subject
#54 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 6:17 AM
My theory as to incorporating the bump files is just add them to the texture image packed files
Test Subject
#55 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XionValentine
try creating a project, edit the skin, then re-import it and see if it changes, I have a feeling, it's the first txmt file

Dagnabit!

By "Not being able to edit" I assumed that BodyShop threw the package out with one of those 'textures not extractable' errors.

I only tested export and import under a different name without any changes.

Ho hum, back to the drawing board.

Mike

Space Pony
Original Poster
#56 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 9:06 PM
I'm getting quite a few of these as well with your method. I can extract the outfits fine & they show up in body shop but I can't make anything new from them. I just get a message says that there was a problem with the export :/

I'm messing around to see if I can add the bumps in somehow.
Test Subject
#57 Old 22nd Jan 2005 at 11:13 PM
try messing around with that reflect thing... OHOHOH I have it, you said that "1st) afbodysuperchef_chinapurple_reflected_txmt
This referenced the TXTR file reflectionsparking-envcube and uubodysuperchef-chinapurple"

Try get it aiming at the user texture or something
Test Subject
#58 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 12:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morague
I'm getting quite a few of these as well with your method. I can extract the outfits fine & they show up in body shop but I can't make anything new from them. I just get a message says that there was a problem with the export :/

Morague, check your PMs.

try messing around with that reflect thing... OHOHOH I have it, you said that "1st) afbodysuperchef_chinapurple_reflected_txmt
This referenced the TXTR file reflectionsparking-envcube and uubodysuperchef-chinapurple"

Try get it aiming at the user texture or something

Been there, done that, got the (funny looking) Tshirt .
The outfit showed up OK, but the Sim had wierd black and grey hands and neck!

I'm going to post what I've investigated tonight, just in case it triggers anything from any one else.

First I had a look in the shape file, and noticed that it referenced two shapes int the parts section - a body_refelected:afbodysuperchef... and body:afbodysuperchef...
So, I tracked down the meshes, exported them and had a look in MilkShape. The mesh had two groups in it. The one called 'body' just had the Sim arms and neck, while 'body reflected' is the mesh for the outfit!
I tried swapping where each MATD pointed to, but still no joy.

Sooo, I thought 'How does the name know where to get the skin info from?', and decided to investigate the "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Catalog\Skins\skins.package"

This package has lots of 3DIR and properties files, but unfortunately there is no quick way to search them. After shed loads of extracting, hex-dumping, and string searching I identified a couple of relevant files (fro the japan-black set).

Both files have Subtype: 00000000 and Group: 2C17B74A
Property Set Instance: 6DC09819
3D Reference Instance: 6DC09819

Both of these files have considerably different content than the ones in a 'standard' skin package.

Side thought: perhaps we should track down the relevant files from here and use them in the cloned projects?

That's about as far as I've got tonight. If I get any time tomorrow, I'll try incorporating the files form the skins package into a custom one, and see what happens.

TTFN

Mike

Test Subject
#59 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 1:54 AM Last edited by DigiSim : 23rd Jan 2005 at 2:27 AM. Reason: Realized I'm a Doofus
I can't get past step one. After copying and pasting the number to where I need to put it, I click the Resource Node thing in the Filetypes box but it shows more than one file, not just a single one. I just don't get that. I have 0.14e of SimPE by the way.

Edit: Forget I said all that. I figured out what I was doing wrong.
Test Subject
#60 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 4:40 AM
Has anyone figured out how to incorporate the bump files? I tried to use an outfit exported from bodyshop with two texture filesand by that I mean the color file and the grey file. but the outfit wont show up. I'm dumb
Test Subject
#61 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mtgbass
Has anyone figured out how to incorporate the bump files? I tried to use an outfit exported from bodyshop with two texture filesand by that I mean the color file and the grey file. but the outfit wont show up. I'm dumb

Have a look at post #38. Middle of the second page

HTH

Mike

Instructor
#62 Old 23rd Jan 2005 at 4:28 PM
Hi! Could you all upload tutorials as i.e. PDF files? It is dammed hard to read all the stuff at a time. I have a black smoked headache already.

A suicider is someone that buys the most expensive program - and sells the computer.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 12:17 AM
Did I ever tell you that you're my hero, McMikey? I've been wracking my own brain on how to work with that stupid chef outfit, but've yet to come up with anything productive yet... oh well.
Test Subject
#64 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 1:53 AM
hmm... it's a shame you can't use GIF/PNG for the new textures... it'd make things alot more easy
Test Subject
#65 Old 24th Jan 2005 at 10:51 PM Last edited by mcmikey : 24th Jan 2005 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Can't splell
Quote:
Superchef uniorms

Has any one extracted / imported one (ignoring the non editable issues) that wasn't the Purple/Chinese version?

In all my experimenting so far, whatever textures I use, that's the one that shows up on the sim.

hmm... it's a shame you can't use GIF/PNG for the new textures... it'd make things alot more easy

Don't know if this is what you mean (and I haven't updated the notes yet), but if you want to use the large LIFOs with my method, then don't bother with the extraction and importing of the full TXTR files, export the image from a LIFO, and import it into the TXTR as described in Moragues original post.

Mike

Test Subject
#66 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 6:55 AM
how do you unlock hair?
By the way I am compileing a collection of all the locked outfits for all the people with limited modding knowledge. It's kicking my a**
Test Subject
#67 Old 26th Jan 2005 at 6:56 AM
Oh yeah...I'm basically done with adult female outfits.
Test Subject
#68 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mtgbass
Oh yeah...I'm basically done with adult female outfits.

Does that include an editable Super Chef?

Test Subject
#69 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 4:43 AM
no i can't crack the damn thing, I've been trying all night. But all the other outfits alphabeticly up to the super chef
Test Subject
#70 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 4:59 AM
what would happen if you just removed the reflection "afbodysuperchef_chinapurple_reflected_txmt" ?? would that screw up the user model? or all models?
Test Subject
#71 Old 27th Jan 2005 at 10:02 PM
Right then,

I've spent loads of time on this, trying every conceivable combination I can think of.

The results have been:
a) A playable skin (not editable) with only the chinese / purple texture
b) Nothing shows up in BodyShop / CAS
c) BodyShop aborts when loading!

I'm tempted to say that the best way to get this one done would be to wait untill the mesh tool arrives, stitch the two parts of the mesh back together, and import the new mesh. This _should_ be usable for re-textures in the normall way.

Cheers

Mike

Test Subject
#72 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 4:24 AM
Has anyone tried the female supervillain?It has two MATD's just like the superchef
Test Subject
#73 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 4:24 AM
The superchef and supervillain are the last two on my list for the female outfits
Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Jan 2005 at 5:35 AM
All unlocked adult female outfits.
Yep all of them except.....the Supervillain and superchef. Enjoy
However I don't know how to uplode them to this site. Please help. ohh, and one more thing. I haven't tested all the outfits yet in the game. mcmikey YOU ARE THE COOLEST! thanks.
Test Subject
#75 Old 29th Jan 2005 at 11:04 PM Last edited by mcmikey : 30th Jan 2005 at 9:33 PM. Reason: Didn't want to add a new post
Quote: Originally posted by Morague
yangn - try this one & let me know if it works for you. I am able to export & modify it.

Thanks Morague,

I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

*EDIT 30/01/05 21:36*

It still won't modify in either (one full stuff, one clean) of my installations.

Morague, is it possible you've got an extra skin from somewhere that's allowing the recolours to show up?

Page 3 of 9