Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2751 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 8:25 AM
The trailer park challenge that is starting my new town is going fairly well, but I think their truck is cursed. Everytime but one that my sims woohoo in it, my founder has been caught by risky woohoo and got pregnant a couple of days earlier than I'd wanted her to or when I no longer wanted them to have more kids. Twice those unplanned pregnancies ended up resulting in triplets (4% chance of triplets) while there was already an infant in the house. Fortunately, the founder's spouse brought in $12 000, so their trailer is a double-wide, and their first yard sale was successful enough to buy some decent beds.

My founder, Christina Marsh, is a nature loving knowledge sim who chose to buy land in the middle of nowhere with limited utilities and few neighbours. There had once been a settlement in the area, based on fishing and some limited farming, but with the collapse of the fishery and the mediocre soil, most people have moved away. There are a few visitors to a nearby lake during the summer; that's where Christina met Benjamin Long. Christina and Benjamin have a lot in common, and he loved the idea of living on their own land far from civilization. Benjamin moved in, bringing his truck, an old wreck of a car, and funding the expansion of Christina's trailer. He commutes a long way into town several times a week to work at a fast food restaurant's drive through. Before they had kids, Christina spent her time fishing and gardening; there aren't any nearby grocery stores, and their fridge started off empty. Benjamin also loves to fish, and they also spent some time digging for treasure. Poking through the ruins of the old settlement have led to a few nice finds, and they cleaned those off and had a yard sale along side the road through the area.

Christina and Benjamin make fairly good parents, rolling wants to teach skills, talk to their kids, and they help with homework. Their first child was born just before their first yard sale. We chose to go with themed names, with boys getting named for water features, and girls for gem stones. The eldest child is River, and he is extremely neat. Now that he's an uncontrolled teen, his neatness is a huge help around the house. Unfortunately, he's a fortune sim and he keeps rolling wants that I can't help him to fill so he's getting near aspiration failure. River has brought Melody Tinker home twice and currently has a crush on her - the Tinkers will be added into my town's rotation. Jade was born a day or two before River became a child, and when she was a toddler, he rolled lots of wants to play with her; they are very close. Jade loves the small fishing pond beside the family trailer, and she spends lots of time there when it's not iced over. She's just become a teen, but I think her mood will be easier to keep up due to hobby wants - having a parent talk to her about nature or invite her on a hike or to join them in fishing should fill some want of hers. The first set of triplets were born just after Jade became a toddler - Opal, Pearl, and Ruby. Ruby and Pearl are fairly serious and both love sports, so they get through their homework fairly quickly and then play catch together. More playful than them, Opal hates school, does her homework painfully slowly, and just wants to dance or play piano (an early date gift from Benjamin to Christina). Ocean was born just after Jade became a child and the triplets toddlers - pregnancy number four, and I was hoping the family was done with kids. Ocean is a very playful slob, and his messes are beginning to upset River. Fortunately, Ocean loves the outdoors, and is happy to fish or help in the garden between getting home from school and doing his homework. One of his parents has to help him with the homework, though, or it would never get done. After Ocean was born, there was a gap before the next pregnancy. Thinking they were done having kids, Christina bought two large dogs for the family - Lady is a rough collie and Lord is a border collie. Just as the dogs were getting well trained, Christina became pregnant again. Sapphire was born just after Ocean became a child, and she is still a toddler. The second set of triplets were born just after Sapphire aged to toddler. Agate, Beryl, and Diamond aged to toddler on the day of the third yard sale. The yard sale took a lot of Christina and Benjamin's attention, so the needs of the two teens and four toddlers are all low, but the children are doing well. Unfortunately, the house again has a bed shortage and even with the yard sale there isn't much extra money right now. They have to choose between plumbing for the second bathroom and getting another bed.

I'm not sure how I'll fit the Tinkers into my town. I had been hoping to add them later, once the town had grown a bit. A mostly abandoned town in the middle of nowhere is an unlikely spot for a successful toy store. My plan is for the town's residents to turn the region into a tourist area with beaches and parks, then add gift shops, artisans, and more recreation options, and also have some science-related industry in the town. I had thought to add the Tinkers after a school was built and a public beach opened, but I guess they'll be one of the families interested in starting to revitalize the town instead. Unless they start a school, they will be homeschooling and I suppose they could be selling their toys online for a bit until it makes sense to open a business. All of them are fairly shy, and I don't see either of the adult Tinkers being interested in taking a leadership role in the town's rebuilding though I see them interested in helping with it. Unless other Bluewater sims are befriended, my town is going to be waiting for one of the Marsh kids to move off the trailer park lot and create a town council (I use a sim in politics to collect taxes to fund building civic improvements).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2752 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:45 AM
I started off with the older Goth household and when I entered the house Gretle immediately had the want to retire. I had her call work to retire and filled the want. Victor was already permaplat from filling his LTW and now his LTA is maxed out and platinum. I have a slower LTA gain mod so it took from the time he was an adult to middle of elderhood (his age bar is in the middle) to max out his LTA meter. The fact that Victor and Gretle are still alive and their age bars are in the middle (I think its still going to be some time before they die of old age), is making the house full. There is Victor, Gretle, Frida, Caelum, Aaron, Heidi and Issac (7 Sims). Frida reached the top of the career and filled her LTW. Aaron became a child, and Heidi and Issac became toddlers. I turned on ACR birth control because of the number of Sims in the household. (I don't have a larger household mod, and I don't like large families.) Gretle kept having wants to have a grandchild (not going to happen in this household), and play with Mortimer (he's currently a baby in another household.) She was driving me crazy with wants I couldn't fill.

Prudence and Simon are also elders and their age bars are in the middle. Prudence reached the top of the criminal career and reached her second LTW. I forgot to have Simon take care of the plants, and the plants died (oops). Agnes and Erik ACR woohooed and I head desked when I heard baby chimes. There are 7 Sims in the house: Prudence, Simon, Agnes, Eric, Alice, Cordelia and Carina. The twins were toddlers and Carina was a baby. The twins became children and Carina became a toddler and Agnes gave birth to a baby girl named Danielle. I turned on ACR birth control. Once it was raining while Simon was paying bills and he was hit by lightning. Erik was the one who kept rolling the want to get hit by lightning, but he never did. Simon didn't have the want, but he was the one that got hit. He immediately ran inside and used the toilet and took a shower before he had to go to work.

I next played the Caliente house. Tiento grew up to Teen and had a want to get the alien abduction scholarship. I had him stargaze, and he did get abducted. He just turned teen and already has the A+ Scholarship, Creativity Skill Scholarship, Tsang Footwork Scholarship and Extraterrestrial Reparations (Alien Abduction Scholarship). The grow up townie mod mentioned to me in a different thread didn't work to age Tessa Ramirez, so I went to her house and used the Sim Blender to age her up and had her call college to get her A + scholarship. I saved the household and went back to the Caliente House. Out of Curiosity I had Tiento ask Tessa on a date. They have two bolt chemistry and got their first kiss. They had a dream date and Tiento asked Tessa to go Steady. She agreed, and they are now in love and going steady.

Dulcinea got a Silver Gardening badge taking care of the plants.

I next played the Al Mahmoud household to get Nighat to college. Nighat got the Logic Skill Scholarship before I sent her to college. Tariq reached the top of the Medical career and reached his LTW and is now permaplat.

I moved Nighat into Flamenco's dorm. She was too busy playing bass guitar to go to class and missed class. Flamenco did go to class. I hope I'm not going to have trouble getting her to class every single time.
Mad Poster
#2753 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:56 AM
Dina Goth, long divorced from Mortimer, has a very sincere want to not be alone and unmarried. (or rather, never married,which of course is silly-she's had 2 chances so far..) She's beginning to wonder if she shouldn't get Tom Borgia to marry her-and the odd thought of having another child (at her advanced age-38!) is beginning to really be bothersome.

Brandi Broke and her partner Karen Gast have returned to college. It's a useful way to spend one's retirement, especially since your youngest child is still in college and you have to stay in the house until he graduates because he's just too lazy to keep the house neat.

The Bellefleur Hospital is now open for patients. John Burb is on the staff and fills in on his days off. This past weekend he did 2 dental procedures and 1 major surgery. All of the patients survived. He's amazed at his good luck.

Alex Goth is nearly done with college, and when he does graduate, he intends to move out and finally marry Lucy Burb. His parents have decided to give him a graduation present of enough money to buy a house with. He won't be sticking around very long with Jenny (whom he lives with) because he believes that a complete break will be best for the both of them. He doesn't want to hurt her feelings too much, but it's time to move on. 10 years is long enough to figure out that they weren't meant to be together.

Alon Livingston is still emotionally involved with his ex-girlfriend Diana, who dumped him in favor of Armand Borgia, but Antoinette Heywood would like the chance to change his mind. He tried to call Diana to get her to come over but she refused outright: "On a scale of 1 to 10, it's a -2." Rude of her, still.

The judge is trying his best to cope with 5 YA's in one household. He retreats to the sofa and reads all day while they go around making messes, noise and going to classes. Sometimes they even study for them..

Dirk Dreamer went to the Campaign Headquarters to visit his mentor, Mary Sue Pleasant, who gave him the run of the place to practice his speech-making abilities and to meet his future staff.

Just another normal weekend in Bellefleur.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Lab Assistant
#2754 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 8:34 AM
A while ago someone posted a thread about "What's in your Broadcast folder". There was nothing, but it gave me the inspiration to give it a try. The result is silly, but still a working proof of concept, the biggest problem is probably the audio being too loud. Still, I'm satisfied of it and I may do more of it in the future.
Screenshots

Slowly moving steps into basic TS2 modding.
Mad Poster
#2755 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:32 PM
I got distracted by Mark's Old Town. I never played Sims 1. (Is there a wiki somewhere so I can find out what kinds of dogs and cats the sims have, that say in their bios they should have pets?) We've got a cold here, so I wanted something that didn't require much fiddly attention to custom content (aka not medieval Emerald Heights).

Mark, your sims have the prettiest kids. I've played the Hatfields and the Jones (A couple Hatfield kids befriended Bobby, so his house was next on the list). The Hatfields are up to eleven kids and I think (hope) they are done. On the last day I played them (Billy due to leave for college) they won the lottery (got a genie lamp) and finally finished the upstairs they've slowly been adding on. The Jones added twin girls, and Edward is one promotion away from topping Business.

All eight Hatfield and two Jones born-in-game kids are worthy of being used by a prettacy. I especially didn't expect that from the Hatfields, the parents don't look like they should combine that well.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#2756 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
I got distracted by Mark's Old Town. I never played Sims 1. (Is there a wiki somewhere so I can find out what kinds of dogs and cats the sims have, that say in their bios they should have pets?) We've got a cold here, so I wanted something that didn't require much fiddly attention to custom content (aka not medieval Emerald Heights).

http://sims.wikia.com/ is what I used. TS1 uses a different personality system for the pets.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#2757 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:08 PM
I just rename strays and whatnot for the Old Town pets. And yes I've been playing it too. Cyd Roseland and...The oldest Ottomas daughter are expecting a baby.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Scholar
#2758 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 3:35 AM
That fool has ruined everything, was the thought Florence Delarosa was preoccupied with as she steeled herself for the shop's first customer of the day. It was taking far too long for her taste for someone to push open the door, and she busied herself with taking Rufus to the potty and teaching him to walk while she waited. To her relief, Ripp Grunt and Angela Pleasant were the first customers to eventually approach the shop, and they acted like they didn't know about Gilbert's imprisonment. Rufus being cute as he practiced toddling around the shop might have helped.

The luck couldn't last. Late afternoon, just as Florence was starting to get a bit tired and peckish, the human she wanted least to see entered her shop: Betty Goldstein McGreggor. On the floor with Rufus while a few townies browsed, Florence didn't realize who the long blue skirt belonged to until Betty spoke.

"I hope he dosn't take after his father," Betty said. Florence was so startled she nearly fell as she scrambled to her feet.

"I have little regard for your hopes." Florence tried to snarl the words, wanting this woman gone. She'd have gone for Betty's throat if the shop wasn't crowded. "I have customers to attend to!" Off she swept to the cash register, where Joe Carr had just stepped up to pay for his potted plant.

Betty didn't leave. Seeing her heading toward the counter as Joe stepped away, Florence decided it was time for a show of decisive action. Intending to get Isabellla, she called the Monty Ranch. She actually got Benedick, which was highly unsatisfactory, but at least she got to announce that she had several wreaths on hold specifically for any Monty needs, and would be glad to rush any special orders they had. Sounding grumpy -- and who could blame him? -- Benedick thanked her and told her that he'd pass on the message to his father. She wouldn't mind a visit later in the evening, would she?

"The Monty family is always welcome in my home and business," Florence said, and hung up the phone. The receiver firmly in its cradle, she addressed Betty: "You are not, Rabbi Goldstein. Get out. I don't want to hear anything you have to say, and I can ensure I don't have to."

After Betty left, Florence dealt with the next problem -- her hunger. Checo Raimirez sounded bewildered and lost on the phone, and agreed that the advice of an experienced florist was exactly what he needed in his time of tragedy. Florence had closed the shop and checked out the townies by the time he arrived, and while ducking outside into the golden light of evening to greet him made her even more famished, it was worth it. Into her sitting room she invited him, where she feasted from his veins and deposited him on the sofa. A bottle for Rufus, and she was in her coffin for a much-needed rest, letting her semi-conscious guest sort his own self out.

Later in the night, Florence arose and called Antonio Monty to tell him that this would be a good time to come over. Feeling it impolite to not offer some refreshment, she also invited Ripp Grunt over. He agreed, and asked if he could bring someone who wanted to meet her; she thought it would be added refreshment.

It was actually Tybalt Capp who arrived at the door with Ripp shortly after Florence had greeted Antonio. The werewolf growled at her and scrambled past Ripp and into the shop. Unable to deny a morbid interest in what would come of her two non-human guests meeting, Florence followed Tybalt into the sitting room.

"Are you interested in providing Florence with more funeral business, or should I call the police?" Antonio's tone was polite, but his right hand was under his jacket.

Tybalt grinned toothily. "She's got enough business to sell out all her wreaths. That nephew of yours I didn't kill topped himself over my disobedient wretch of a sister. Last I saw, my other sister tried to kill him and got Paris Prince instead." Tybalt had reached the stereo and turned it on. "Our solemn hymns to sullen dirges change, and which of us will Florence ply her skills for? Come, shall we dance."

Florance glanced at Ripp, and was annoyed to see the human looking amused from near the door. As Tybalt attempted to shimmy up to her and Antonio danced stifffly in the kitchen part of the room, she could tell she was being courted...but not romantically, oh no. Nothing like that. She was useful, had skills and power, and she was in a vulnerable situation. She was being courted as a prospective underling. Not just for flowers, she was sure. The shop was going to wind up a front business, most likely...

"Show your own skills better," she said, and turned off the stereo. "Prevent me from suffering any more embarrassment due to my husband's proclivities. Try not to kill him, if you can help it. Then I'll talk with you. Until then, don't think of spilling blood on my carpet."

((I am shocked that those two didn't show any aggression when they wound up together!))

~~

First order of the day for the Tinker family was to get a stable home in hopes of retrieving Leon from the orphanage. Second was actually setting up a real toyshop -- not a glorified shed -- because life was short and they both knew it now! Because of this, they moved into a small and bland apartment in a building newly constructed near, but not that near, the beach. (I put apartments in Bluewater just for them, because I couldn't see them living anywhere else!) Wanda took Annabell upstairs, but then proceeded to nurse the baby on the second-floor walkway in front of the landlady, then leave her there when new neighbours arrived and looked interesting. Then she had to go look around the apartment, and gossip with Stephen, and then Stephen bought Inner Child Toys and Gifts and was heading off to check out the shop, so she decided to take a nap. Annabell was entirely forgotten on the walkway, even thought Stephen had to walk right by her!

At the toy shop, Stephen blew the remaining funds on cheap toys to fill the shelves, quite a few of which he sold to Dina Caliente. It looks like she's actually warmed to Katrina enough to get the girl a spinning top and several toy horses. He went home tired and smelly, took a shower, and fell asleep in his dinner.

Wanda woke up as Stephen realized why he was dreaming of food and sheepishly finished eating. She wanted a pet, and adopted Ruby the puppy. The puppy at least got brought in the apartment; Annabell got noticed when Stephen went to get Ruby, but she was smelly and asleep at that point, so he didn't bother picking her up! Wanda ate and called Melody to try to convince her to give a good report to the orphanage; Melody was sceptical and wanted to see what her parents were doing with their newest spawn first. She was not impressed, and told Wanda that she understood why they her parents always had broken children. Wanda told her not to speak that way about her brother and sister; Melody caught that there was no denial that she, Melody, was broken. Someone else might have been offended...Melody was glad her mother was at least able to see that. She also had no intention of helping them reacquire a child while they were neglecting the one they had with them, and told them so.
Theorist
#2759 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 4:01 AM
After I started my current Beginning of Pleasantview neihgbourhood I decided to add 10 days to the Adult stage via Inge's adjustable age mod, just to give my Sims the chance to have multiple kids before growing into Elders.

There are however still a few kinks I need to iron out. The first generation of the families didn't get their full 39 days, instead it was rather random with them usually receiving 30-36 days. With the new generations however it does work perfectly...however I still play them as if they only had 29 days...so I'm gonna have a bunch of adults with parents that themselves have 10+ days left in their adult stage.
Now it's not completely unreasonable or unrealistic imho, but I'll need to start to remind myself that my adult Sim women can now enjoy life for a bit and don't need to get pregnant on day 1

In the hood itself meanwhile the saga of Herb Oldie, the loneliest romance teen in Pleasantview continues. Only 4 days left to adulthood, and he has yet to have his first date/kiss. His future wife (as dictated by the Pleasantview timeline) Coral is still in love with Michael Bachelor, and they're even going steady.
The Buckinghams are living far beyond their means and are borrowing a lot of money from Malcolm Landgraab....that's gonna end badly.
And Jeff Pleasant and Diane Danders just got engaged.

I'm pretty sure I messed up a lot of the relative ages as presented in the basegame version of Pleasantview and have the suspicion that Darren and Dirk Dreamer will be older than they should be, while Mary-Sue, Daniel, Angela, Lilith, the Burbs and Dustin will be younger. Which actually fits with my preferred pairings of Dirk/Dina and Lilith/Alexander, so...it's actually working out, I guess :-)
Mad Poster
#2760 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 10:16 PM
Dirk and Melody's triplets (I'd refer to them as the "Dreamer Triplets" but he has triplet younger brothers too) became teenagers! I can't believe how fast they've aged. I never realised how old they were, I presumed they had ages left of the child stage. It seems like only yesterday Melody was glitching out at university because she wouldn't go to her final exam, so I had to force her to give birth, call a Nanny and then run off (and still get a good grade!). They all became incredibly handsome, but not plain. They all look fairly different from each other too. I believe; Derek is a knowledge sim, Darryl a popularity sim and Dainton a family sim - although Darryl and Dainton could be the other way around. Derek has already found a girlfriend in Cyan Jocque.

Don Lothario and his wife Calista welcomed in twin boys; Nico and Roscoe Lothario. Both are skintone 2 with green eyes. Nico has black whispy hair while Roscoe came out sporting a little brown fawk hawk. Calista's son Henry became a child. Don's very happy, and is also excited to be soon welcoming in a grandchild from his eldest daughter Angelina.

Dina Caliente and Ashley Pitt's daughter, Emerald became a teenager. She's romance/pleasure, much like her... Aunt/Step-Mum Nina (yep, weird family tree). I wasn't paying close attention to the party and her older brother Valentine decided to woohoo Bottom Summerdream in a hottub! Even though he has a girlfriend and Bottom is happily married!

I had a family reunion with the Broke/Dreamer's. It featured Brandi and Darren's 11 children: Dustin, Dirk, Beau, Mark, David, Dylan, Dean, Darrius, Daphne, Drake and Darren Jr. ("DJ"), Dustin's wife Sandra (Roth) who is currently pregnant, Dustin's daughter Bea Pleasant and her toddler son Wyatt (Brandi's great-grandchild), Dirk's wife Melody and their three children (Daryl, Dainton and Derek), Beau's wife Desdemona (Capp) and their child daughter Juno and David's two children with Tara Kat; Tabby (toddler) and Tomm (baby), although Tara didn't attend. The family was celebrating several things; Firstly, Dustin (after years of fertility issues with his wife Sandra) found out they were having a baby, secondly, he also found out that when Angela Pleasant randomly broke up with him when they were teens it was because she was pregnant - and now he's gone from having 0 kids, to 1 teenage daughter and a grandson! Thirdly, Brandi & Darren were celebrating their golden anniversary, which is particularly special for the two of them, as both their first spouses passed away, and FOURTHLY, it was Daphne (the only girl in a sea of 10 sons) was becoming a teenager. She's a family sim, and very beautiful. I found her a boyfriend instantly in Jackson Tinker, one of the Tinker Triplets. They've been friends since early childhood, being that Dirk married their older sister.

Another birthday took place today... well.. a few... all in one house. Over in the Capp-Tricou house, it was a special day for about half of Juliette's 7 children. Juliette's oldest child, Philip, whom she had with Romeo Monty went off to college, along with Gvaudoin Tricou - so I guess they also had a birthday, being that they're becoming young adults. Then Juliette and Orion's two sets of twins aged up - Friar and Laurence became teenagers. Friar a friendly but slightly reserved Popularity/Fortune sim, and Laurence a beautiful blonde (with a hint of Femme fatale flair) fortune sim, and Escalus (male) and Paris (female) became two cute blonde chubby-faced toddlers. Cordelia Capp II (a single-birth trapped inbetween two twins!) became a child. I gave her the same hair as her grandmother, Cordelia Capp. I took a lovely photo of the family, including their other son (and only child of 7 to inherit Juliette's ginger hair) Oxford, who will soon be joining his older brother in college.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#2761 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 10:30 PM
I finally made it back around to Drama Acres, SSU, and started running into Drama almost at once. Lazlo Neugierig moved into the household consisting of his brother Pascal, Pascal's fiancee Andice Point, Lukey Beaker, and Lukey's fiancee, Martine Ruben. All seemed to be going well, with Lazlo buying his starting set of college clothes, Lukey writing his term paper, and everybody smustling; but while Lazlo was at his first class Timothy the cow mascot showed up and somehow managed to flirt with Lukey in front of Martine, even though Martine was downstairs, Lukey was upstairs with the door closed, and Timothy was on the stairs. Pascal threw Timothy out, but the damage had been done. Martine and Lukey both have short fuses, and though it started with slapping and tears the situation quickly degenerated into an actual fistfight. Martine won (Lukey swears he took a dive because unlike SOME PEOPLE, he is not into domestic abuse).

Martine then left for class and Lukey rolled a want to talk to Alta Mira Starchild, who he was dating when Martine came after him with all flags flying, and who has since gotten engaged to somebody else. So he invited her over to badmouth Martine. I left him alone for the most part to see how he'd behave, but he made no romantic moves on her, nor she on him. When Martine came home and saw her erstwhile rival cheerfully eating dinner, however, she went ballistic and attacked Lukey again.

By now they were -100/-100 with each other and Lukey is hardly someone to take things lying down, so he broke up with her. It was too late for her to get a new place to sleep, so she slept in the single-bedded room that had been assumed to be Lazlo's while Lazlo and Lukey shared a bed. Her twin sister is in Tri-Var, so she'll probably pledge. It is fortunate for Lukey that none of the rest of her family was on hand for the event, as Martine is one of six, few of whom are oversupplied with nice points.

And what does this mean for Alta Mira's engagement to Eugene? She and Lukey have always had a prickly relationship - but triple bolts will out!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#2762 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 3:16 PM Last edited by Orphalesion : 19th Jan 2018 at 6:43 PM.
So Mortimer and Bella had their first couple of dates; one hanging out at the Goth Manor, one going to that nice hedge maze in Downtown and I haven't built a beach yet for the third.
They of course are in wuv:

The problem now is that I don't really have an idea what to do with them until they marry and spawn little Cassandras and Alexanders. Bella still has her teenage witch training. I might turn Mortimer into a Werewolf until he grows up just to have a bit of a counter balance...(he can't become a warlock, witch powers are hereditary in my neighbourhood)

Over at the Burbs I gave Brad two younger sisters; one named Janet (geddit, hurhurhur) and one named Margery, after Margaery Tyrell, my favourite on Game of Thrones. When she grew up into a teen I thought I'd go all out and dress her like the Tyrells on the show as well (or, at least, a modern approximation) and then she had three bolts attraction with the youngest (and by far, nicest) son of Malcolm Landgraab, John. You now, the Landgraabs, that super rich family of evil blondes?
And then she brought this girl home from school (Margaret buckingham, the future Magaret Landgraab) and I swear I didn't plan that when I dressed/styled Margaret (who was just meant to look 80s):

Margaret even has a twin brother! And only has one point in niceness!
I just hope this Margery can avoid the fate of her namesake
Mad Poster
#2763 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 4:21 PM
I currently have two families exiled to my prison subhood, Nowhere. The first family caught on pretty fast. they purchased a solar power panel, a water collection tower, they've planted some crops, just a few right now, but they'll get there. They've also established some hunting lands, and they have some farm animals. I'm hoping they will soon decide to get out of their tents and erect some kind of shelter.

The Hunt family, on the other hand...smh. The first thing they bought was an alligator for home security. But, they didn't buy it any food, so it ate one of the children. Now, on the second rotation, they still haven't planted anything. When the food runs out in the fridge the Council supplies to new exiles, they will starve. They did buy another alligator, though. Sigh....

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#2764 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 6:10 PM
The screen of my notebook is dead, so I can't play right now I miss my Sims...

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Forum Resident
#2765 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 5:57 PM
playtesting a house I've been working on for months
I just can't get the routing 100% right yet. And my child sims still prefer using their parents' bed even if I have the all beds have the same energy mod.
It turned out pretty though so I'm happy
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#2766 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:43 PM
There's so much do with my new hood: Selemanas (skipping the last two letters, read in reverse and you'll get an unoriginal name's origin).

I just want to plot that every maxis lots from the bin as my population grows in it. So far I got two residents (Kat household, and adult Justin Kim with his pets reunites), pet parks, bluewater micro mall, owned bookstore, and owned cafe. I'll have second generation lived off farms until they I'll find a suitable sim to build a grocery store. Rather creating new sims, I'll try to collect sims from townies: Kim, as a popularity sim looks good to do just that at the long run. Kim also has is hands full of getting them to grab 5 lots with top-level. Tara is taking easy (while running a 1-cat-selling-store on her home lot), while her cats do the work for her in every career track
Mad Poster
#2767 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kanzen
playtesting a house I've been working on for months
I just can't get the routing 100% right yet. And my child sims still prefer using their parents' bed even if I have the all beds have the same energy mod.
It turned out pretty though so I'm happy

Just putting it out there: why not get a mod that reserves a bed? That way, the child will stop sleeping in your parent's bedroom.
Forum Resident
#2768 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 2:54 AM Last edited by kanzen : 21st Jan 2018 at 3:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Just putting it out there: why not get a mod that reserves a bed? That way, the child will stop sleeping in your parent's bedroom.

there's a mod that reserves a bed?!
edit: found it this game's community is revolutionary
ALSO while we're on the subject of beds simssfreq made it possible to share a bed with babies/toddlers :lovestruc
Scholar
#2769 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:58 AM
It seems I'm constitutionally incapable of murdering my pixels in cold blood. Riverblossom Hills was supposed to be an apocalypse hood in which many Sims died, either in the war or in the first few days after the nuclear blast, and the survivors had to pull together to stay alive through the nuclear winter. I tried twice, with different rules for who would die and how, but I just kept finding ways to keep the intended victims alive. The last straw was when I rolled a death throw for Matthew Picaso, and saw a close-up of his little face, so innocent and happy he'd just got a promotion, and about to find out that his wife is expecting their first child...

I just couldn't do it, so I guess I'm going to have a nuclear apocalypse with a 100% survival rate.
Scholar
#2770 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 9:30 AM
well if riverblossom hills is a small farming community it wouldn't make sense for it to get hit by a nuclaer bomb anyway so it could end up like point lookout in fallout 3;contaminated but as contaminated as the main areas.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Theorist
#2771 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 10:16 AM
Wannabe Mayor Garance Bureau-Lagrange is pregnant again... with twins.
She already have eight kids and she's not a Family sim.
Test Subject
#2772 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 8:20 PM
So, I was playing the Pleasants for a while in my uberhood, and they really went full on soap opera this time around!! By this point, Daniel and Mary-Sue have already broken up, with Daniel living in Don's old bachelor pad and Mary-Sue continuing to live with the twins in their old house. Daniel is still upset over getting caught cheating and tries to come over to do the whole furious sim thing, stealing their newspaper and knocking over a few trashcans and all- but I was getting sick of having to deal with that so I had him and Mary-Sue apologize (with the more useful apologies mod installed), but one thing led to another and while I was busy checking up on the teens, ACR decided it was the perfect time for them to have some makeup woohoo!! Still, it was ACR, so their relationship was still neutral despite having pretty high chemistry. I wasn't planning on getting them back together, and definitely won't after what happens later on!

The next morning, I look up to Angela's room, wondering why she hasn't come down for breakfast, only to find she was passed out from heatstroke in her room and about to starve to death!! I get Lilith (who had been up all night practicing her bass and really only just went to bed) to wake up, rush over and douse her sister before she could die. Their relationship is still pretty strained at this point, so before Angela could properly thank her or was even conscious enough to realize what happened, Lilith had rushed off to eat some toaster pastries.

Sooooo.......after breakfast, the phone rings, and it's Mr. Big!! I don't remember him ever interacting with the family at all before, but he wanted to talk to Mary-Sue. Even on the phone, it showed on the relationship panel that she and Mr. Big were triple-bolters, and, well, this just felt like a perfect opportunity for her! Their huge house isn't exactly affordable to live in with one income(ish- the teen jobs don't really pay enough to count), and they're starting to run out of objects they're willing to part with to keep up with the bills. So you can imagine I was excited to find that Mary-Sue and Mr. Big were already at 100 STR by the time their phone conversation was over (I may have used motive cheats to keep her social low enough to lengthen the time on the phone, but still!)!!

I get Mary-Sue to finish up her breakfast, gussy up, and ask Mr. Big out on a date, and guess who's there- Dina Caliente!! Dina looks pretty distraught when she sees Mary-Sue and her date. Maybe she's having second thoughts about getting engaged to Mortimer after seeing Mr. Big?? Maybe they've met before??? Either way, the date goes on pretty smoothly and I was even planning on having Mary-Sue introduce Dina to Mr. Big, but while she's paying the bill, they start talking and joking around on their own!! Nothing much comes out of it......at least, not for now. Throughout the date, I couldn't help but notice how much of a tool Mr. Big was, with all his primping and bragging. Having zero nice points will do that to a guy, I guess. Mary-Sue didn't seem to mind at all, though. Was she blinded by love?? By money??? By rebound-ness????? Regardless of her reasons, they continued to get along swimmingly, and by the end of the date, they're back at her house and ready to make some love- except they weren't in love yet!! I know it's kind of silly to expect them to fall in love after not even a full day of knowing one another, but I was pretty anxious to see how fast they could take things- and I reckon Mary-Sue was too.

For some reason, even after woohooing the night away, and despite extremely high relationship scores on both ends, they still didn't seem to be falling in love with each other. Was she not over Daniel yet?? Was it just not meant to be with her and Mr. Big??? Despite the lack of music and pretty red hearts, their ridiculously high chemistry meant that I still got an option to propose to Mr. Big- to which he accepted. The whole time, Angela and Lilith were snoozing away after days of grinding away at scholarship-skill development, and Daniel was just chilling around the house in his bright blue underwear. He even chatted up Mr. Big at some point!! I expected them to be jealous of one another, but they either don't know or don't care. Lilith was there and awake for the proposal, though. They actually ended up proposing in her bedroom!! I think Mr. Big went up there to watch Lilith play bass??? Either way, it meant there was some background music to set the mood, even if it was punky teen background music. I saved and quit to the neighborhood shortly after that point, but I'm pretty excited to see how this plays out!!! That was a hell of a roller coaster for just a couple of days.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2773 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:01 AM
I had an idea to make a sci-fi sort of world on an alien planet, inspired by Jawusa's Alien world for S2 and many lots and worlds for S3. I wanted a cratered terrain and found one on Omicron Simtauri, along with space suits. So this got me playing...

Lab Assistant
#2774 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I had an idea to make a sci-fi sort of world on an alien planet, inspired by Jawusa's Alien world for S2 and many lots and worlds for S3. I wanted a cratered terrain and found one on Omicron Simtauri, along with space suits. So this got me playing...

That is really neat. I've always wanted to play a themed neighbourhood sort of thing, but I've always been too lazy to set it up :/
Lab Assistant
#2775 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 5:09 PM
TLDR: Get yourself a golden girl to save your failed challenges.

I'm playing around with an Uberhood on my newish computer. Decided to give the 100 Baby Challenge a go for all those premade genetics. Going simple with the rules: big one is dad changes everytime, LTW must be completed, no early age ups, no cheating. Nothing complicated.

Resurrected Rainelle with some mod action as mega mama for those EYES. Moved her into the biggest lot option, and got busy. Money was tight, first winter was spent scrambling to get a roof over the kidlets. After baby#4, I decided to work on getting Rainelle turned into a vampire to avoid downing life juice forever. Took some canoodling but the Contessa finally turned us! All was good.

Until I decided to try the realistic sickness mod. The "nicer" version. My decision making was sound. Since everyone is always miserable in this household, they instantly start dropping like flies. Luckily our golden girl, Ivysaur, (coughcough Pokemon naming scheme) started kicking death's butt and saved all but her younger sister Venusaur. Despite this drama, I thought I could eventually handle the mod. I was wrong.

Meanwhile, despite being a vampire, Rainelle is still working on her LTW. She comes home during sun action and has to run indoors. Usually managable but coupled with the flu, she crumbles. Ivysaur devastatingly loses against Grimmy. Game over. Let poor Rainelle return to the dead.

BUT Ivysaur was just so upset. Purest child, I couldn't let her down. I thought maybe I should give in, blame the mod, and cheaty resurrect our losses. But that didn't sit well with me. If I cheated, I was losing the challenge anyway. So our new plan is poor traumatized Ivysaur heading to college to pursue the Paranormal career. EARN that resurrect-o-nomitron. All to bring back our mega mama so she can eventually resume popping out babies. Whew!

No more realistic sickness mod though. Way too hardcore for me.

Lv26 Magikarp
magikarpwow
Page 111 of 349